World Cup Predictions

Who do you think is going to win?

Who do you think is the other finalist?

Who do you think is going to be the surprise team of the tournament?

Who is gonna win the golden ball?

Who is gonna win the golden shoe?

How far do you think your team is gonna go?

*I think Brazil!

*Netherlands could be a finalist

*The US team will be the surprise, it did good on the Confederatiosn cup, or i might say they got lucky, but it took them to the finals.

* ??? idk

*kaka/messi?

*if US citizens really supported the team id be happy to stick with it, but i dotn wanna be alone goign crazy about nd celebrating, so my fam is BRA and im with them. =] so i think Brazil can really make to the finals based on the latest games, the hardest will be the first round and get outta the death group.

Who do you think is going to win? Spain

Who do you think is the other finalist? Brazil

Who do you think is going to be the surprise team of the tournament? New Zealand or Paraguay (Group F)

Who is gonna win the golden ball? Rooney

Who is gonna win the golden shoe? Messi

How far do you think your team is gonna go Socceroo's (Round of 16, Germany (loss), Serbia (win) Ghana (draw) and advancing on goal difference, then loosing to England).

who is this messy guy? Never heard of him.

World Best Player in 2009...

Funny how americans are not used to int'l soccer news yet

not a critic, please, indeed, I think USA can surprise in this World Cup, and I know that If USA wins a World Cup, soccer will be more and more popular there and I hope someday soccer be a passion in US.

we're gettin there danny. baseball nd football is still very strong, but the new generation is bringing in that passion. there are millions of kids starting to play soccer at early age, and theyve got quality, i see many robinhos and kakas coming up, (at least here in MAss). the US jsut doenst have important soccer titles to bring the popularity.

I've heard that kids who are good at soccer in the US are often shunted into playing football (of the handegg variety) or athletics after their school years and that a lot of talent is lost that way in the US. Is that true?

I've heard that kids who are good at soccer in the US are often shunted into playing football (of the handegg variety) or athletics after their school years and that a lot of talent is lost that way in the US. Is that true?

Seems reasonable...American football being the more dominant game. But there are also a lot of career opptys too for those who decided to stick with soccer.

we're gettin there danny. baseball nd football is still very strong, but the new generation is bringing in that passion. there are millions of kids starting to play soccer at early age, and theyve got quality, i see many robinhos and kakas coming up, (at least here in MAss). the US jsut doenst have important soccer titles to bring the popularity.

But when all time I've been to USA, somehow, the american I knew simply ignored all the news about international soccer... They knew Brazil is good, Europe is mad about soccer, but they don't even the most famous players...

The good thing is that during the Confederations Cup last year more and more American watched the games on TV and even Barack Obama made some tweets about the final match...

This is good... Soccer will be complete when USA be strong and truly part on it. smile.gif

danny it really depennds where u come in the US. new England does a really good job. the thing is that in brazil, kids since their early ages dream about soccer and pursuing a career in it. here in the US the boys (lotttss of girls as well !) first play bc their parents put them in a team, and later they get into the schools team and they earn "popularity", scholarships, etc. its just a phase they go thru, soccer is a sport and a hobbie, its not seen as a career, so other sports, its a part of the education.

Who do you think is going to win?

Spain

Who do you think is the other finalist?

England

Who do you think is going to be the surprise team of the tournament?

Ghana

Who is gonna win the golden ball?

Mesut Özil

Who is gonna win the golden shoe?

Lonel Messi

How far do you think your team is gonna go?

Quarterfinals

I find your predictions strange Goethe, how can a player (Ozil) win the Golden Ball while only reaching the quarterfinals. It would be unprecedented.

danny it really depennds where u come in the US. new England does a really good job. the thing is that in brazil, kids since their early ages dream about soccer and pursuing a career in it. here in the US the boys (lotttss of girls as well !) first play bc their parents put them in a team, and later they get into the schools team and they earn "popularity", scholarships, etc. its just a phase they go thru, soccer is a sport and a hobbie, its not seen as a career, so other sports, its a part of the education.

I like the american model of stuyind and playing... This could be Brazil's way too, but, unfortunatelly, our sports and study programs are very poor yet...

About the soccer-passionate in the US, like other sports' fans, Americans are not used to news about matches or teams outside US... Once I talked to an American girl (from NY), who player soccer for years, and she simply didn't realize that Brazil had 5 world titles or that there is an World Club Championship...

About International soccer she knew only about Pele... It's a little bit weird for a soccer passionate player...

Archived