The Maracana Cluster

^^Stop it, Mo.

I was just trying to ask which Summer Olympics where the marathon did not finish in the main Olympic Stadium.

Athens 2004 and one held in London when they changed the length of the sport to make the queen happy.

This question should be placed in other section.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they should straighten the west and east stands of the stands in the Mario Filho Stadium. It will take away from the stadium's characteristic shape. How about they just shorten the tiers to make room for two levels of luxury boxes?

And the first time that the Marathon didn't finish in the Olympic Stadium was at Rome in 1960.

And the first time that the Marathon didn't finish in the Olympic Stadium was at Rome in 1960.

I didn't know it. Good information! =]

It's good to know it because I think I will repeat this fact many times 'til 2016 for people critizing Rio for hosting the Marathon finish at sambadrome. wink.gif

If I was the construction crew, I'd have torn down ALL of the seating bowl without exception, and build a completely new seating bowl from scratch. The boxes between the two tiers shouldn't be limited to just the east and est sides, it should be all around the stadium's perimeter.

If I'm not wrong, this is exaclty the project!!! Did you ever seen the renders?

• 3 weeks later...

The seating bowl of Maracana Stadium can't have that appearance. The two suite levels are going to take up too much of the space of the upper tier, and that is going to make the stadium's interior look terrible. Plus, they're not tearing down the entire upper tier. I have a friend over at SSC named Athinaios who made these 3D computer models of Maracana Stadium which respects the original shape of the stadium.

newmaracana.jpg

newmaracana1.jpg

The soccer field will be reduced.

I loved the renders Jornal Nacional showed yesterday. The stadium will be great for the World Cup and the Olympic ceremonies!

Can't wait!!!

http://g1.globo.com/videos/jornal-nacional/v/jn-mostra-com-exclusividade-o-maracana-depois-da-reforma/1398960/#/Edições/20101223/page/2

They already lowered the field for the panam. They can't do it again because will create blind points.

Or reach the water table that actually exists under the stadium's soil.

The name of the district - Maracanã - comes from the name of a creek near the stadium.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

Now the maracana will be ruined forever.

The renderings in my post depict Maracana with steeper tiers so the creation of blind spots will be prevented.

The renders of your post shows a lower stand with inclination below the recommended. If they lower the field to correct the visibility in the lower stands, will create blind spots in the upper stand. That is why they moved forward the lower stands, keeping the same inclination of the upper stand. The project of Maracana is excllent as it was produced under strict observations of FIFA regarding the visibility and comfort.

The only thing you know is criticize, no matter what the project presented. From what I see in your posts, if they had submitted a project exactly the way you want, you would look for another point to criticize.

• Like 2

The only thing you know is criticize, no matter what the project presented. From what I see in your posts, if they had submitted a project exactly the way you want, you would look for another point to criticize.

There are people that can't handle the fact that world and traditions changes... If not, why the games are travelling around the globe? Why woman are joining competitions? Why the games is now a "only" 15-day festival instead the 3-month competition we had in the beginning?

• Like 2

The only thing I really don't like is the color of the chairs. Red does not suits Maracana, nor Rio. The people of SSC gave an idea of using the pattern of sidewalk in Copacabana. I made this based on the idea:

maracanaarq0b.jpg

The only thing I really don't like is the color of the chairs. Red does not suits Maracana, nor Rio. The people of SSC gave an idea of using the pattern of sidewalk in Copacabana. I made this based on the idea:

maracanaarq0b.jpg

Amazing idea and render!!!

Yeah, why red? It's completely the wrong colour - speaking as an outsider of course.

Nice patterning idea in your render above, but perhaps too similar to London 2012's stadium seating.

http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/12509-london-olympic-stadium/page__view__findpost__p__290258

What's wrong with yellow, green, blue?