• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CTV Olympics DVD set should be shipping out within the next couple of weeks. "With Glowing Hearts" the commemorative coffee table book isn't coming out until June 1 I believe. I think I saw that date on Amazon.

Thanks. Both the DVD set and the book should be really well done. Was debating getting the NBC Vancouver DVD as well. I was a little disappointed to hear that it is not as packed as the Beijing set, nor is it as big on content(is it true its only 1 DVD?). If anyone has the NBC DVD, is it worth it?

Thanks. Both the DVD set and the book should be really well done. Was debating getting the NBC Vancouver DVD as well. I was a little disappointed to hear that it is not as packed as the Beijing set, nor is it as big on content(is it true its only 1 DVD?). If anyone has the NBC DVD, is it worth it?

The Beijing set is a little wierd, I mean, one whole DVD devoted to Michael Phelps? Two DVDs devoted to the opening ceremony? One DVD just for highlights? I guess I shouldn't judge as I haven't opened it yet but... On the other hand if you compare CBC's Torino set, it's 6 DVDs - pretty much covering highlights of all the days. The only gripe I have about that set is the Vancouver handover is not included - must be CBC's retaliation at CTV.

The Beijing set is a little wierd, I mean, one whole DVD devoted to Michael Phelps? Two DVDs devoted to the opening ceremony? One DVD just for highlights? I guess I shouldn't judge as I haven't opened it yet but... On the other hand if you compare CBC's Torino set, it's 6 DVDs - pretty much covering highlights of all the days. The only gripe I have about that set is the Vancouver handover is not included - must be CBC's retaliation at CTV.

I don't know. Adversely, I have only watched the opening ceremonies 2 disc part(IMO justified). The Phelps story devoted to one DVD is arguable since it a) was a big deal (Usain Bolts 2 races are covered IIRC on the highlights DVD) and B) DVD set aimed to US market

Thinking about the CTV DVD set I think you will get

entire Opening and closing ceremony - guaranteed for Olympics, doubtful for Paralympics

entire runs/races of where Canada won a medal (except curling which IMO will just show highlights) and medal ceremonies - possible

entire Men's/Womens gold medal games for hockey - very probable

Thinking about the CTV DVD set I think you will get

entire Opening and closing ceremony - guaranteed for Olympics, doubtful for Paralympics

entire runs/races of where Canada won a medal (except curling which IMO will just show highlights) and medal ceremonies - possible

entire Men's/Womens gold medal games for hockey - very probable

It would be cool too if they inncluded a highlights featurette for the Torch Relay. I did read that there is supposed to be some documentary included covering stuff right from the beginning and when I say beginning; the bid phase.

No cheque too !!!

Does someone know also the process to have refund of canceled ticket at Cypress Mountain and also the Olympic Bus Ticket associated to reach the venue ???

*sigh*

Dear Customer,

With Canadian nationalism and support for our Olympians at an all-time high, we wanted to give you an update on the commemorative DVD and Blu-Ray box set of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games.

The product is in its final stages of production and will be delivered in early May. We believe you will be very pleased with this unique offering, which features a historic compilation of Vancouver 2010 and the extraordinary achievements of Canada’s most successful Winter Olympians. We had hoped to have shipped this product prior to the end of April but we have opted to invest in extra time in editing to ensure our storylines and production values mirror the success of our Olympians.

We apologize for the delay and offer you a 20% discount on your next purchase of merchandise at our online store. Please use promo code “Thankyou2010” during the check out process.

Thank you for your patience and support

Personally, I am kind that the Vancouver 2010 DVD set is delayed for a while longer. As a US resident, I can't buy the set straight from the CTV Believe online store like with the other Believe/Imagine gear. Surprised that nobody really touched on this at this point with the advent of the DVD coming, but here's what I foubnd from an eBay dealer about the DVD conents:

Bring the Olympic Games Home!

CTV presents a limited edition commemorative box set of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games for you to own on DVD.

All the key moments of triumph are included, as Canada welcomes the world to compete for gold.

This special collection is comprised of 20 hours of Olympic Games stories and highlights, beautifully laid out on five discs in a deluxe box set.

Program highlights include:

A feature-length documentary telling the story of the Games and how Canadian athletes faced the world’s best in their quest to be at the top of the podium.

The story of each sport is unveiled for you to relive – just as the moments of excitement and emotion unfolded at Olympic Games venues in Vancouver.

Extensive bonus features are built-in to every disc, including a “behind the scenes” look at the Games, extensive highlights of key sports including Men’s and Women’s Hockey, Figure Skating, Curling, Skiing, Speed Skating and all the Freestyle Sports.

Opening and Closing Ceremonies in long-form feature entertainment and the lighting of Vancouver 2010 Olympic Cauldron. .

This ‘must-have’ collection of Canada’s Olympic Games legacy will be a treasured box-set for everyone’s home video library and will be enjoyed for generations to come.

This DVD set will be released by mid April. Your commemorative DVD box set will be shipped by the end of April or early May 2010 directly from Vancouver, BC, Canada.

COMMEMORATIVE BOX SET

Disc 1 - XXI Olympic Winter Games - Vancouver 2010

An original feature documentary film presents the dramatic stories of the twenty-first Olympic Winter Games. From Opening Ceremony to Closing - including all the moments as they happened. Celebrate Canada welcoming the world to compete for the gold.

(Approximately 4 hours)

Nordic Sports

• Biathlon

• Cross Country

• Nordic Combined

• Ski Jumping

Bonus Features:

• Torch Relay

• Television: The Inside Story

Disc 2 - Men and Women's Ice Hockey

The Men's and Women's Olympic Ice Hockey tournaments. The complete story - from the drop of the first pucks, to crowning the world's new Olympic champions.

(Approximately 4 hours)

Bonus Features:

• Extended game highlights

• Behind the scenes

Disc 3 - Olympians on Ice: Precision & Artistry

Curling, Figure Skating, Short and Long Track, Speed Skating

(Approximately 4 hours)

Disc 4 - On the Edge

Nightlife, fun and party in Vancouver after dark. (Approximately 4 hours)

• Opening ceremony

• Closing ceremony

• Medal ceremonies

• Biathlon

• Cross country

• Nordic combined

• Men's Alpine

• Women's Alpine

• Luge

• Skeleton

• Bobsleigh

Disc 5 - Higher, Faster, Stronger

Snowboard Cross, Snowboard Half-Pipe, Moguls, Freestyle Skiing, Aerials, Ski Cross, Downhill and Super combined, Slalom, Super G, Ski jumping, Luge, Skeleton, Bob Sleigh (Approximately 4 hours)

How are they going to cram all that on Disc 4 with both ceremonies hopefully in their entireties? My guess is CTV realized that, with major ratings both got for CTV, with a major reworking of the set list is hopefully underway. I would like to see both gold medal hockey games in their entireties. But it might be separate on their own. It doesn't say after Disc 1 what special features will be included, another likely reason for the delay.

Still no cheque and its May 5th. I've been trying to get a hold of Vanoc customer care to no avail. What's up with that?

Just e-mailed them tonight and got this response

The Vancouver 2010 Ticketing Call Centre is no longer open and this e-mail account has been closed.

If you are inquiring about cancelled standing room Cypress Mountain sessions or cancelled Paralympic Alpine Skiing sessions, refunds were issued directly to credit cards in April. Cheque refunds for these sessions were sent in early May. If you are inquiring about your Fan-to-Fan reimbursement, cheques were sent between April 30 and May 11.

**Please do not respond to this e-mail**

My cheque arrived on Friday; got an email about the DVD being delayed until end of May this morning.

Was there any tax or charges taken off?

Not, it was the full amount

How did the checks come (Purolator?). I gave them my PO Box address in addition to my street address. No check sent my way yet (its the 14th I know, so not overly concerned) and the tickets.com e-mail and phone numbers are now both dead