2015 FINA World Aquatics Championships

Kazan, Russia. Never had heard of it before I read that they were one of the bid cities about a week ago. It's like a fricken fad now to go to these off places, "new frontiers". Sick of it already.

Let's hope Mexico can do something about it's drug violence and crime by 2017.

Kazan, Russia. Never had heard of it before I read that they were one of the bid cities about a week ago. It's like a fricken fad now to go to these off places, "new frontiers". Sick of it already.

Well, The bidding city was only 3 cities of Kazan, Mexico, HongKong. Kazan will be held in 2013 Summer Universiade and 2018 FIFA World cup.

I think that was the shortlist, not all the cities that expressed an interest in hosting.

Montreal and Guangzhou retired their bids according to any info. But, Montreal already held in 2005, Guangzhou in China will be held in tomorrow in Shanghai.

I agree that "Sick of it already." I think that are not popular compared to world athletics. Because there are not many cities that have a swimming pool. And does not leave much in terms of marketing.

FINA also announced today that Montreal well be hosting the FINA Masters World Aquatics Championships. Okay, so they got the World Champs in 2005, and they're getting the Masters Worlds in 2014. Masters Champs isn't the big production that World Champs is, but, it's got a huge number of Participants, in all the same competitions: Swimming (including open water), Water Polo, Diving and Synchro.

2010 Masters Worlds were held in Gothenburg, Sweden. 2012 will be in Riccione, Italy. The U.S. hosted 2006 Masters Worlds in Palo Alto, at Stanford.

I take my statement back about 2015. It will actually become the largest swimming event ever, as it will be held in the 45,000 seat soccer stadium. Unbelievable.

http://kazan2013.com/media-department/news/kazan-presents-main-cluster-of-world-aquatics-championships-to-fina-inspection-delegates/

I think you got the comma off too in the PyeongChang hockey stadium.

I believe the seating is actually 100,000...NOT 10,000. ;)

Is this being broadcast in Europe? Australia? Canada? In the U.S., were only getting the swimming and the semi finals and finals of water polo on NBC and Universal Sports. I'm catching diving and some synchro on a pirate stream online.

I mean Shanghai 2011, obviously!

In Oz, it's being broadcast on one of our digital free-to-air channels. We do tend to get the major swimming meets (at least the ones we take part in) on TV here - the Pan-Pacs, the Worlds, the Australian Olympic qualifiers/selections etc.

Thanks. Are you guys getting everything? I mean the Diving, Water Polo and Synchro, or just the swimming when it starts?

You got Pan Pancs last year? I wonder if you got the feed from NBC. I was in crowd shots like three times, each one getting closer and closer, and for long periods too LOL too funny, but I was able to buy the whole NBC broadcast on DVD, so I got a nice souvenir of it, with me in the picture :P

Thanks. Are you guys getting everything? I mean the Diving, Water Polo and Synchro, or just the swimming when it starts?

You got Pan Pancs last year? I wonder if you got the feed from NBC. I was in crowd shots like three times, each one getting closer and closer, and for long periods too LOL too funny, but I was able to buy the whole NBC broadcast on DVD, so I got a nice souvenir of it, with me in the picture :P

Actually, I just checked the schedules, and it seems we're getting most of it live, throughoutthe full day, including water polo, diving etc. But I guess it helps that it's in our time zone. In past events from America or Europe, we usually then get nightly highlight packages.

Actually, I just checked the schedules, and it seems we're getting most of it live, throughoutthe full day, including water polo, diving etc. But I guess it helps that it's in our time zone. In past events from America or Europe, we usually then get nightly highlight packages.

In Canada they are showing late night one hour highlight packages starting today, meaning the previous days and today were cramped into one hour. Pretty sad if you ask me. However, I think it will change when Swimming starts later this week.

Is this being broadcast in Europe? Australia? Canada? In the U.S., were only getting the swimming and the semi finals and finals of water polo on NBC and Universal Sports. I'm catching diving and some synchro on a pirate stream online.

I mean Shanghai 2011, obviously!

So Diving was broadcasting on both France Televisions (FranceO) and Eurosport

Syncrhonized swimming was only on France Televisions (FranceO)

And staring today, the full program of swimming races is on France Televisions (FranceO for the qualifications and France2 & France3 for the finals) and Eurosport

Almost time for the men 4*100 freestyle relay !!!

Normaly easy 1st heat for France, but the 3rd one could be great : USA, AUS & BRA !!!

16 teams for 8 entries for the final...

Edited by memorabilia

Almost time for the men 4*100 freestyle relay !!!

Normaly easy 1st heat for France, but the 3rd one could be great : USA, AUS, & BRA !!!

16 teams for 8 entries for the final...

Brazil is out of the men 4*100 freestyle ....

Final this afternoon with :

FRA

USA

RUS

ITA

AUS

GER

RSA

GBR

First final of the day... Men's 400m Freestyle

2 french in this race...

Good luck !!!

1st : KOR - Park

2nd : CHN - Sun

3rd : GER - Biedermann

The french are 6th & 8th :(

Next final is the Women's 400m Freestyle

The favorite is Federica Pellegrini (ITA), but a good opportunity for the french Camille MUFFAT. Lauren Boyle from NZ could also be dangerous...

Next final is the Women's 400m Freestyle

The favorite is Federica Pellegrini (ITA), but a good opportunity for the french Camille MUFFAT. Lauren Boyle from NZ could also be dangerous...

First medal for France.. Bronze ! :D

Results of the Women's 400m Freestyle

1st : ITA - Pellegrini

2nd : GBR - Adlington

3rd : FRA - Muffat

Europe in force :)

Next final will be the Women's 4*100m Freestyle

Edited by memorabilia

Wow Congrats Australia ! Bravo les français ... So close... :)

Results Men's 4*100m Freestyle

1st : AUS

2nd : FRA

3rd : USA

That's all for today ! See you tommorow...

Edited by memorabilia