Bid Index Results

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rolleyes:

You are just a SHAME, Why do you come here to talk? :angry:

Obviously you do not know PC or Annecy, or Munich, it's you who speaks without knowledge. I live in Annecy, I have Already travel in Munich and German Alps, I have some friend who are Korean...

But I think you don't know Annecy or Munich or PC...

When I talk here, i know what i say! I'm not making as you.

Compared with Annecy and Munich, PC transport infrastructure are just ridiculous for the moment...

Annecy has the better transport infrastructure than PC, it's a realty and to announce the opposite is stupid...

stopped talking about what you do not know.

The Alps are more develop than Korea for tourism and winter sport and even they spend lot of money, they will still lag behind!

Please stop to talk here just to troll...

Tulsa,

The evaluation on the applicant file has raised concerns about the whole concept of the French bid. So, the people responsible for this kind of analysis were not happy with what they have seen. As a result, the Bid Index is low. Please live with that. The people on the Annecy committe alreadt are. They have even released a new plan.

Let's wait for the Evaluation Report to find out how the IOC sees it.

But don't worry about that. Madrid was always last during the 2016 bid process and look what happened, it ended up second, much better than Chicago and Tokyo, and even managed to win the first round. ;)

Madrid was not always the last and the bid index was often extremely close. By the way, Rio only started to show in front in the very end of the race. However, the Bid Index is meant to indicate the likelihood of winning and not the position in the election of the host city. Considering the amount of votes gathered by Madrid, just for having Samaranch on its side, it explains the runner-up position. However, the fact that only a few votes went to Madrid after the first round shows that the IOC was not even thinking of giving the SOG to Spain. My bet is that Chicago would make it harder to Rio, had it passed the first round of voting, and that Madrid's additional votes were more of a rejection to Rio, then votes for Madrid.

So, if Annecy doesn't get its act together soon it will not stand a chance.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering the amount of votes gathered by Madrid, just for having Samaranch on its side, it explains the runner-up position. However, the fact that only a few votes went to Madrid after the first round shows that the IOC was not even thinking of giving the SOG to Spain. My bet is that Chicago would make it harder to Rio, had it passed the first round of voting, and that Madrid's additional votes were more of a rejection to Rio, then votes for Madrid.

Yeah, that's probably what happened and what could have happened, but it's just hypothetical. Every bid has its cards to play and if Madrid wanted to "use" Samaranch, there's no problem with it, the same way Rio repeated South America hadn't hosted before several times. Chicago could have made it harder to Rio, but the facts are that it didn't, maybe they didn't play their cards well or whatever but they were the first out. So they ended up worse than any other candidate for 2016 ;)

Annecy is 2018's Madrid. Nobody likes it and it stands no chance of winning. Well, we'll see what happens in Durban. After watching Sochi getting 2014 (I did not expect it at all), I wouldn't underestimate any other candidate. However, if Paris wants 2024, it would be better for them if Annecy didn't win :rolleyes:

What a lot of people 'underestimated' in the 2016 race was Samaranch's *influence* & not Madrid's capability. France doesn't have that kind of heavy hitter on it's side. So it's pretty safe to assume that Annecy has a very STEEP "mountain" to climb, considering all it's major obstacles.

And for 2014 it was Salzburg, not Sochi, that was highly viewed at getting eliminated first, which it was. It was clear getting towards the end of the 2014 campaign, that Sochi was Pyeongchang's main competitor & threat. Annecy is more like 2018's Salzburg.

• 1 month later...

Well, I for one, am starting to cast doubt that Annecy's bid is going to be the 1st one out next July. I'm having one of ala-baron's-style revelations (i.e. "no 'R'ome right after 'R'io" picture).

Here's Y; every time France has bid for the Winter Olympics, they have clinched it on that INITIAL run - Grenoble 1968 & Albertville 1992. And since a lot of us here, & even some pundits like to think that the Winter Games are given out as some sort of "consolation prize" for failed summer bids, one just has to ponder.

Was Grenoble 1968 a consolation for the failed Lyon 1964 bid? Albertville is a little bit trickier, since they were awarded 1st so Paris could've been shoved outta the way for the 1992 Summer Games for a certains IOC president's Hometown.

Now we're at Annecy, the first, "initial" French Winter bid since Albertville. And what do we have since then.. not one, not two, but THREE failed Paris Summer bids. And also would any potential European summer rivals like to completely shut Paris out of a "potential" 2020 run if Annecy were to fail? Surely the Italians would. But what about the Germans (if Munich were to fail for 2018, too)? The Spanish, N the Russians maybe?

All I'm saying is that I don't think I would bet on a 1st round exit for Annecy anylonger (N especially since Annecy completely heeded the IOC's warning on their preliminary evaluation on making their plan much more compact). I'm sure our fellow forum member 'Tulsa' would like that scenario. :P

Have I missed something?

Maybe you have missed me! ;)

No, seriously: Munich has many problems, which are not easy to solve. Many ground owners in GAP dont want to sell their ground. But the OC needs them. The OC has now ask the Pentagon (!) if they can built the village on a golf course. So far I dont know if there is any agreement.

Secondly, the costs are already rising and the public support is sinking. Currently there is a great mood/movement here in Germany against costly infra structure constructions. The Greens are very popluar at the moment.

Thirdly, it is quite sure, that the World Cup 2018 will be held in Europe, therefore Asia needs a consolation prize.

Well, I for one, am starting to cast doubt that Annecy's bid is going to be the 1st one out next July. I'm having one of ala-baron's-style revelations (i.e. "no 'R'ome right after 'R'io" picture).

Here's Y; every time France has bid for the Winter Olympics, they have clinched it on that INITIAL run - Grenoble 1968 & Albertville 1992. And since a lot of us here, & even some pundits like to think that the Winter Games are given out as some sort of "consolation prize" for failed summer bids, one just has to ponder.

Was Grenoble 1968 a consolation for the failed Lyon 1964 bid? Albertville is a little bit trickier, since they were awarded 1st so Paris could've been shoved outta the way for the 1992 Summer Games for a certains IOC president's Hometown.

Now we're at Annecy, the first, "initial" French Winter bid since Albertville. And what do we have since then.. not one, not two, but THREE failed Paris Summer bids. And also would any potential European summer rivals like to completely shut Paris out of a "potential" 2020 run if Annecy were to fail? Surely the Italians would. But what about the Germans (if Munich were to fail for 2018, too)? The Spanish, N the Russians maybe?

All I'm saying is that I don't think I would bet on a 1st round exit for Annecy anylonger (N especially since Annecy completely heeded the IOC's warning on their preliminary evaluation on making their plan much more compact). I'm sure our fellow forum member 'Tulsa' would like that scenario. :P

I'm agree with your point of view ;) , but i think for the moment each bid has 33% chance to win in july, it's to early, Munich can find solution about environment and cost... I think China and Japan could be to European Bid, if Japan would like 2020 summer game and if China would like 2022 or 2026 winter games with Harbin or another city... Moreover when a bid lost 2 times, it's very difficult the third, and maybe Korea should try summer games

Maybe you have missed me! ;)

No, seriously: Munich has many problems, which are not easy to solve. Many ground owners in GAP dont want to sell their ground. But the OC needs them. The OC has now ask the Pentagon (!) if they can built the village on a golf course. So far I dont know if there is any agreement.

Secondly, the costs are already rising and the public support is sinking. Currently there is a great mood/movement here in Germany against costly infra structure constructions. The Greens are very popluar at the moment.

Thirdly, it is quite sure, that the World Cup 2018 will be held in Europe, therefore Asia needs a consolation prize.

point is solved - the barracks of the German Bundeswehr will be used

don't mix Stuttgart 21 with the Winter Olympics

I don't think that the IOC cares - Brazil got the Games too altough the WC is two years before the Summer Olympics

Munich will win. Superb bid. Superb sex appeal. Bach will make sure.

Not sure, pretty soon some IOC members will ask Bach to choose... between IOC presidency and Munich 2018.... I'm not sure of his choice actually.... But I'm sure, germany could not get both !!!!

point is solved - the barracks of the German Bundeswehr will be used

Yes in Munich, but not in GAP.

don't mix Stuttgart 21 with the Winter Olympics

Stuttgart is only the beginning and when you look at GAP you must realise there is already resistance. Not as heavy as in Stuttgart, but I fear, it will grow.

I don't think that the IOC cares - Brazil got the Games too altough the WC is two years before the Summer Olympics

We will see. I remain sceptical.

Canada wasn't able to get either at the 2001 IOC session, the Games & the presidency. Granted, Bach & Munich aren't running in the same session, but it remains to be seen.

And what is the 'superb sex appeal' about having all the venues ready to go. That angle certainly didn't work for Salzburg.

Munich by no means is a 'shoo-in'. To think that it is, is naively underestimating the constant unpredictability of 100+ individual members minds, that could insidiously vote for ANYTHING on their personal agenda & not necessarily vote because a certain bid (to a complete bias supporter) is "superb", since that element is subjective anyway to different people, as we have all learned to know from these processes over the years. Each of the 3 cities has a chance, even Annecy, although, albeit, to a lesser extent.

Each of the 3 cities has a chance, even Annecy, although, albeit, to a lesser extent.

Why now Annecy has a bid very similar like Munich or PC, The 3 bid are very strong for different reason. For Munich it's the Olympic past and Munich is bigger than the other, for PC it's their third attempt and a new frontier, Annecy is the history with Chamonix and the most important tourist area (very famous place) moreover it's a 4 bid after Paris for France... Each city has a good reason to win... But i don't think Annecy has less chance than other, with the new map, Annecy become very serious for the final victory

Archived