Idea pool: the Closing Ceremony of the GamesBids Vancouver 2010 Forum

This forum, which has been around since 2001/2002, is likely in its last few weeks...how about some ideas for a good sendoff party? :P

The Beijing forom was still open for discussion for another year, so I hope it will be (at least) the same for this forum. And maybe it's possible to keep it open permanently? I hope that it will stay permanently at least as read-only forum (just like Beijing's forum), because I simply hate it that so many discussions we had and postings we made in the lead-up and during previous Olympic Games are now deleted or at least not accessible for us anymore.

So maybe we should start a petition instead of a sendoff party: "Keep the Vancouver 2010 forum!"

Okay - here's an idea.

Up to now, it we've tended to discuss games that have passed within the "Past Bids Discussion" forum - which strictly speaking, isn't 100% appropriate anyway because we're discussing the games themselves by then, not the bid.

Why not have a new forum within The Olympic Games forum section, probably titled "Past Games", where we can stick threads like these Vancouver ones (and the Beiijng one that is still around) along with our other games historical games discussions etc.

Why not have a new forum within The Olympic Games forum section, probably titled "Past Games", where we can stick threads like these Vancouver ones (and the Beiijng one that is still around) along with our other games historical games discussions etc.

Definitely need a "Past Games" section. I actually thought there was one in the past and a couple of weeks ago I asked about it in the technical questions thread.

When this section does close down, I wouldn't mind seeing the "Vancouver 2010 Pins" thread being moved to "Olympic Collectibles". When I started it 4 years ago I didn't think it would get to over 800 replies and 82 pages long B).

I say keep the Vancouver 2010 section open for a year. There's still stuff in the news to post occasionally.

Definitely need a "Past Games" section. I actually thought there was one in the past and a couple of weeks ago I asked about it in the technical questions thread.

When this section does close down, I wouldn't mind seeing the "Vancouver 2010 Pins" thread being moved to "Olympic Collectibles". When I started it 4 years ago I didn't think it would get to over 800 replies and 82 pages long B).

I say keep the Vancouver 2010 section open for a year. There's still stuff in the news to post occasionally.

Good idea. Request to the Mod and he'll move it there, along with a tracking link from here.

There wasn't a great lot of activity about pin collecting when I first got here (and I was never really into it much - though i can boast some pretty good collections from Atlanta snd Sydney). It's really picked up lately - you pin enthusiasts have been doing well!