Vancouver 2010 Coke Cans

Anybody collecting the Vancouver 2010 Coke cans?

How many are there? Was there one done up for each sport? So far all I have is the Snowboarder, the Freestyle Skier (moguls), and the special Congratulations Gold Hockey can.

And in 2009 in Canada there were the "Torchbearer" cans.

Were these Torchbearer ones actual cans or were these the aluminum torch relay bottles? I've got a bunch of the aluminum bottles and the local 7-11 stores still have a bunch as well. I also managed to get a couple of the special aluminum bottles that were only available at the Coke Pavilion in Yaletown.

I just opened a box of cans and I got the hockey cans. I'm gonna take a guess that they made only three can designs (4 if you count the hockey gold), going by and corresponding to the free car window flags that were available. The cans I got:

• Freestyle Skiing (moguls)
  • Snowboarding
  • Hockey
  • Gold Hockey

The Coke sets are fading fast in the stores that I go to. But for some reason I keep getting the Coke bottle cans inside instead of the various sports ones. Nuts.

The 2-liter bottles here had the assorted silouettes of figure skating, hockey, snowboarding, speed skating (looked like short track to me) and skiing around the wrapping and Coca-Cola logo.

Where did the window flags come from? Anyone have pics?

I saw the flags at Real Canadian Superstore and 7-11. They were free if you bought two 12-packs of Coke. Only problem was you didn't know which one you were getting because of the way they were wrapped. I ended up getting two Snowboarder flags.

Open happiness... :rolleyes:

Here's the Coke Cans/Bottles I got:

Coke-Vancouver2010AluminumBottles.jpg

The two on the left (regular Coke and Coke Zero) were the ones that were available during the Torch Relay. The Regular Coke bottles are still available at 7-11s and some local dollar stores, althought the dollar stores are charging more than 7-11 :rolleyes: . I haven't seen the Coke Zero bottle since the Torch Relay. The two aluminum bottles on the right were only available at the Coke Pavilion at David Lam park in Vancouver (that's where I got them, but maybe they were avilable elsewhere). Unfortunately they didn't let you keep the cap for some reason - although you can just get a reguler Coke cap off one of the torch relay bottles, but that still leaves you with a capless Coke Zero bottle.

Coke-Vancouver2010Cans.jpg

The three sport cans and the one gold hockey can. This has me wondering, is there conflict of interst involved if Team Canada has there logo on boxes of Pepsi cans and Coke is congratulating the men's hockey team? Still not sure if this was all of the sports covered on the cans, but they do correspond to the free car window flags that were available.

Coke-Vancouver2010PlasticBottles.jpg

These are the plastic Plant bottles that were released in time for the games for both Coke and Sprite. Nothing spectacular about these as they just had VANOC's logo to promote the iCoke.ca contest. The innovation of these bottles is that they are made from 30% plant based products. To be environmentally friendly, rather than using plastic, they could just switch back to using glass bottles... :rolleyes: