Good host or Gold medalist?

Aha!! See Vamos...I am not the only one with unfavorable impressions of your fellow Russians.

And, everyone, if meeting them outside Russia was fairly unpleasant..can you imagine what it would be like when you're visiting their country? It'll probably be...you are a visitor to my land, so you play by my rules. :blink:

Sorry, Sochi, you seem like a fairly pleasant enough fellow here, but your countrymen travelling outside Russian borders project an altogether different image.

i would agree with everything that jawn has said. the peronsal interactions that i have had with russians have never been pleasant. to be honest, i have never met a russian that i liked and would consider having as a friend. rude, pushy, aggression barely scratch the surface.

also agree......sochi will be best watched on tv.

And I agree with you. With attitudes/preconceptions like that it is better for anyone to stay home, not spoil the party. The same refers to any 'Russians' you met in Canada. It is a great waste of opportunity - to come over all the way and be unhappy.

Aha!! See Vamos...I am not the only one with unfavorable impressions of your fellow Russians.

And, everyone, if meeting them outside Russia was fairly unpleasant..can you imagine what it would be like when you're visiting their country? It'll probably be...you are a visitor to my land, so you play by my rules. :blink:

Sorry, Sochi, you seem like a fairly pleasant enough fellow here, but your countrymen travelling outside Russian borders project an altogether different image.

The Moscow Olympics were known for the rude and boorish behavior of Muscovites, including the booing of non-Russian athletes. Plus, those games were absolutely rife with cheating by officials and judges to enable Russians to win events.

The Moscow Olympics were known for the rude and boorish behavior of Muscovites, including the booing of non-Russian athletes. Plus, those games were absolutely rife with cheating by officials and judges to enable Russians to win events.

Oy! No wonder it took 34 years before another set of Games have been given to the Russians. At least Beijing taught their cab drivers and common people some civic lessons in dealing with visitors.

Sorry, Sochi, you seem like a fairly pleasant enough fellow here.

I like you too Baron ;)

Let me just give you one piece of advice. Extreme and cynical points of view tend to alienate your audience. If you are looking for true knowledge, dig much deeper than stereotypes - 'There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio...' :P

Archived