Rotation for CONCACAF Gold Cup

As you know since the CONCACAF nations cup is called "Gold Cup" it's been held only in the U.S. (sometimes charing venues with Mexico) and in theory only U.S. is always local (I say "in theory" cause most people think USA is the most neutral country to host a Gold Cup :rolleyes: )

So my question to you is (too bad I can't make polls T____T ): Do you think it should stay in USA or other CONCACAF countries should have the chance to organize it? If you answer it should leav the USA, what other countries could host it? :rolleyes:

I don't know enough about the competition - does it get large audiences when played in the USA?

Supposedly, though USA and the two remaining North American teams (Mexico and Canada) are still locals, apparently inmigrants from other parts of the zone are the target audience (there shouldn't be any for a sports event in my opinion) ad that's what supposedly makes the U.S. a "neutral" bid.

Anyway, I see in the news that locals are never interested in the cup when it's being held in their cities, so it's hard to know how muhc audiences could the cup catch in another countries :blink: Of course at least in the sports part North American countries will always have advantage, it's not the same seeing USA or Mexico playing in their stadiums than playing in San Jose, Tegucigalpa or Port of Spain, so by the sports part the cup owes a lot with this :wacko:

I think Gold Cup should be hosted in other countries. I think Honduras, Costa Rica or Cuba could host a tournament like this and attract larger crowds. The only problem is the stadiums... but without the possibility to host the Gold Cup, there won't be any investment in sport infraestructure.

I think the reason it stays in in the US because that's where they will get the most TV money. If it's held in Costa Rica or wherever, the US broadcaster would only carry the US games, thus 0 money for the organizers. THat's why.

Sadly it is, though as I know in CONCACAF all-matches coverage are broadcasted by cable networks like Fox Sports, I don't think NBC, CBS or ABC would be interested in any soccer competition independently of if it's FIFA, UEFA or CONCACAF :unsure:

Archived