Hahahaha agree with you daweebo, but do you now, before 98 crisis, around 1995's we aimed to host 2008 olympic in Jakarta, but at 1998 the crisis hit us so badly then that plan never been heard again, then right now, our economic grow is maybe 3rd or 2nd in the world, we aim Asiad 2019, we bid AFC youth cup, i believe after this , we'll try to bid either YOG or maybe directly to SOG :), but I do agree with you, we need to build a better infrastructure, but the selection for 2028 is in 2020, so who know what will happen in 2020 ?

Indonesia isn't even in the top 45 in GDP growth. China, India, Japan, Taiwan and Sri Lanka are the top 5 in Asia.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do you care if they bid or not? It's NOT YOUR decision to make. You are obviously a certified, schizoid NUTcase imposing YOUR subjective feelings and totally IRRATIONAL opinions on matters (R

Why aren't you advocating for London to host? Oh wait...

Where's Habenagila...errr, I mean Habanatota??

Indonesia isn't even in the top 45 in GDP growth. China, India, Japan, Taiwan and Sri Lanka are the top 5 in Asia.

Yeah you are so right, sorry i'm not checking the fact before make any post, but at this time, we in Indonesia enjoying an era like before 98 crisis hit us, + we have plan to re-denominate our currency :) btw, back to main topic Asian games 2019, there is little issue with Surabaya candidacy, 2019 is election year in Indonesia, so it become a minor issue, could we handle the national election+Asiad at the same time ?

Yeah you are so right, sorry i'm not checking the fact before make any post, but at this time, we in Indonesia enjoying an era like before 98 crisis hit us, + we have plan to re-denominate our currency :) btw, back to main topic Asian games 2019, there is little issue with Surabaya candidacy, 2019 is election year in Indonesia, so it become a minor issue, could we handle the national election+Asiad at the same time ?

Indonesia is going to be a power in Asia soon why not let the, host. I wouldn't mind. However, if Dubai presents a strong plan I wouldn't vote against them.

Dubai has the advantage that only two times games have been held in the Middle East and its a world class city has is yet to host something big... Why not the Asiad in 2019? ;) Indonesia and Vietnam seem to be both in the same postion... Taiwan it would be East Asia 3 times a row so it's boring....

• 1 month later...

Go Dubai!

More I think of it Dubai is without a doubt the favourite. They are the only country with a cricket facility and the other countries have virtually no existence of the sport so it wouldn't make sense building an expensive facility there.

• 1 month later...

i think kuala lumpur have better chance to represent south east asia in term of experience,infrastructure and money..maybe in 2023

100% supporting kuala lumpur is a nice place

hey i found this from incheon asiad why they move it to 2019 The decision of OCA can be explained in two ways.

Firstly, the decision was made to avoid the proximity of another

large event.

Both the Summer and Winter Olympic Games and the FIFA

World Cup are held in even number years which overshadowed

the Asian Games. It is expected that the host city can be fully

prepared and maximize its promotion for the success of the

Asian Games in a different year.

Secondly, OCA plans to use the Asian Games as the qualification

events for the Olympic Games. OCA's plan is based on the

belief that top class athletes will thus be happy to participate and

compete in the Asian Games which will eventually improve the

quality of the competitions. Due to the timing of the previous

Asian Games, some more developed athletic countries decided

not to send their best athletes but often participated with their

second-tier teams and athletes.

It is expected that OCA's decision will highly enhance the

economic value, quality, and festivity of the Asian Games. sounds like the oca is imitating the pan am is'nt it??

• 4 weeks later...

For Indonesia, with current situation, don't expect Indonesia to enter any race for Asiad :), and IF Indonesia decide to go to the race, Indonesia won't go with Jakarta :), recently Indonesia try to de-centralize the sport centre :)... see how Palembang been the host for sea games, Pekanbaru will be the host for Islamic Solidarity Games in 2013, Surabaya (and Bandung) at first become the candidate city from Indonesia for Asiad 2019 :) beside that 4 cities, Indonesia also has sport center and Samarinda, and also Makassar has plan to build another Sport centre complex for next national sport week :) so it won't Jakarta :)

yeah..but hosting asian games is not just about having brand new sport complex....they need to have many hotel and place for tourist,visitor and athlete, beside that,a good transportation system also need to improve and the city also need to have good population...so much thing involve to hosting the games,i see jakarta is the most populated,most hotel,infrastructure, and also have a large international airport to welcome the visitors

yeah..but hosting asian games is not just about having brand new sport complex....they need to have many hotel and place for tourist,visitor and athlete, beside that,a good transportation system also need to improve and the city also need to have good population...so much thing involve to hosting the games,i see jakarta is the most populated,most hotel,infrastructure, and also have a large international airport to welcome the visitors

The one that I bold is what Jakarta lack of :)... Believe me, right now I live in this city, and Jakarta transportation system is one of the worst in Indonesia, and also Jakarta doesn't have any tourist attraction beside malls and some theme parks (Ancol in North Jakarta, Taman Mini Indonesia Indah - the miniature of Indonesia in East Jakarta, Trans Studio Theme Park - an indoor theme park like Universal Studios, and will be built Disneyland in South Jakarta)... Surabaya and Palembang have a better transportation system, they also have a lot of hotel rooms, international airport isn't a problem for them.... Anyway, I believe we won't in the race for 2019, seems like Dubai will be the only contender for 2019

• Like 1

The one that I bold is what Jakarta lack of :)... Believe me, right now I live in this city, and Jakarta transportation system is one of the worst in Indonesia, and also Jakarta doesn't have any tourist attraction beside malls and some theme parks (Ancol in North Jakarta, Taman Mini Indonesia Indah - the miniature of Indonesia in East Jakarta, Trans Studio Theme Park - an indoor theme park like Universal Studios, and will be built Disneyland in South Jakarta)... Surabaya and Palembang have a better transportation system, they also have a lot of hotel rooms, international airport isn't a problem for them.... Anyway, I believe we won't in the race for 2019, seems like Dubai will be the only contender for 2019

Trans Studio is in bandung!!!!! not jakarta!!!! but by the way i want to know why (maybe) all the cities never explain the bid to the people.....

Trans Studio is in bandung!!!!! not jakarta!!!! but by the way i want to know why (maybe) all the cities never explain the bid to the people.....

ZigZag ? Are you living in Indonesia ? :) Trans Studio is in Makassar, Bandung, and will be built in the south of Jakarta too, along with Disneyland :)

yes i'm from malang and i'm surprised to hear this trans studio and disneyland building plan in jakarta because i think there's no much space left in jakarta...