2019 Asian Games

gotosy

Macau to host 31st OCA General Assembly

17 Sep 2012

Macau, China: The former Portuguese enclave of Macau, China, is preparing to stage another major sports gathering as it continues to establish itself as a regional sports hub. The Asian Olympic Family will converge on Macau for the 31st OCA General Assembly on Thursday, November 8. In a week of meetings and activities, the OCA will also host the Incheon Asian Games Youth Reporter Project and Fun Run and Fun Learn to promote the 17th Asian Games in Incheon, Korea, in 2014.

On Tuesday, November 6, there will be a meeting of the OCA Finance Committee. The day before the General Assembly, on Wednesday, November 7, there will be a meeting of the 62nd OCA Executive Board meeting. On Friday, November 9, there will be a meeting of the IOC Olympic Solidarity Commission, followed the next day by the 57th Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC) Executive Council meeting.

The OCA President, H.E. Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah, is also President of ANOC and Chairman of Olympic Solidarity. The main agenda item for the 31st OCA General Assembly will be the selection of the host city for the 2019 Asian Games. There are three candidates: Surabaya (Indonesia), Hanoi (Vietnam) and Dubai (United Arab Emirates).

The programme of meetings is:

OCA Finance Committee

62nd OCA Executive Board meeting

31st OCA General Assembly

Olympic Solidarity Commission

57th ANOC Executive Council meeting

OCA

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a SPORTS event, aismanggo...NOT a ceremonial fest...as some AUssie so uselessly tried to remind me. :rolleyes:

Olympics is not just about sports,it was way beyond that!and for sure,ceremony is a very good way to start the biggest event!that why im so passionate about the ceremony :)..no need to remind people,it is up to what people see from their perspective..for me,i love everything about olympics and ceremony is part of the main moment for the olympics games :)..it has a symbol of the whole olympics movement

with what happen with national sport week in Pekanbaru, i think IF Indonesia's ministry of sport still sane, better for Indonesia to withdraw from the race, the national sport week just a disaster, now, a lot of Indonesian want to cancel all national of sport, and now a lot of indonesian accusing national sport week is like sea games in Indonesia, just an event to be corrupted by politicians, no one in Indonesia want to host any sport even, we don't want another humiliating event happen

with what happen with national sport week in Pekanbaru, i think IF Indonesia's ministry of sport still sane, better for Indonesia to withdraw from the race, the national sport week just a disaster, now, a lot of Indonesian want to cancel all national of sport, and now a lot of indonesian accusing national sport week is like sea games in Indonesia, just an event to be corrupted by politicians, no one in Indonesia want to host any sport even, we don't want another humiliating event happen

hey nice to see you again.... well before you here again i'm already promote pon riau in my status i'm understand the problems of this games corruption, venues wrong commitee/organization bla bla bla it just so many!!! yes 2 of last games held in indonesia was a chaos so i'm now interested with ISG III RIAU 2013 and PON XIX WEST JAVA 2016 i hope for change in these games i hope there is no chaos like i said earlier but if you see what everyone say previously on this thread we come in agreement that dubai will win it's very clear that the winner is not hanoi or surabaya but dubai if oca don't make a shocking miracle annoucement........

hey nice to see you again.... well before you here again i'm already promote pon riau in my status i'm understand the problems of this games corruption, venues wrong commitee/organization bla bla bla it just so many!!! yes 2 of last games held in indonesia was a chaos so i'm now interested with ISG III RIAU 2013 and PON XIX WEST JAVA 2016 i hope for change in these games i hope there is no chaos like i said earlier but if you see what everyone say previously on this thread we come in agreement that dubai will win it's very clear that the winner is not hanoi or surabaya but dubai if oca don't make a shocking miracle annoucement........

oh and one more thing i hate people who said ''we don't need a pon'' action like that is too much for problems that actually can be fixed for example venues we can order the next host to accelerate the venue building and for host elected for 2020 and continously start their building max. at 1 week after elected.... pon is event started in 1948 that is 3 years after the independence and they want to stop the event that already started since the age of soekarno only because something that actually can be fixed?? seriously they are over reacted about it....

OCA to visit 2019 Asian Games bid cities

27 Sep 2012

Kuwait: The Olympic Council of Asia will send a three-strong Evaluation Committee to the three cities bidding to host the Asian Games in 2019 next week. Led by OCA Vice President Lt Gen ® Syed Arif Hasan, President of the Pakistan Olympic Association, the OCA Asian Games Evaluation Committee will visit Indonesia (Surabaya), Vietnam (Hanoi) and the United Arab Emirates (Dubai) from October 1-9.

The OCA Vice President for South Asia will be joined on the tour by Vinod Tiwari, Director, International and NOC Relations, OCA, and by Mohammad Tayyab Ikram (Macau), a member of the OCA Coordination Committee and OCA Athletes Committee.

The Evaluation Committee members will visit the three bid cities and meet with government officials, the National Olympic Committee and city representatives. They will also tour the venues to assess the capabilities of each candidate.

The 31st OCA General Assembly in Macau, China, on November 8 will vote for the host city for the 18th Asian Games in 2019. The 16th Asian Games were held in Guangzhou, China, in 2010 and the 17th edition will take place at Incheon, Korea, from September 19 to October 4, 2014.

OCA

oh and one more thing i hate people who said ''we don't need a pon'' action like that is too much for problems that actually can be fixed for example venues we can order the next host to accelerate the venue building and for host elected for 2020 and continously start their building max. at 1 week after elected.... pon is event started in 1948 that is 3 years after the independence and they want to stop the event that already started since the age of soekarno only because something that actually can be fixed?? seriously they are over reacted about it....

Hi kera ngalam :), nice to meet you again, 1st of all I don't know a lot about you, whether you are an athlete, a bureaucrat, a politician, or just a fan of sport :), but you i hope you realize what's happen in our beloved country, that sc*mb*g corrupter, they will only use event like PON to gain the profit for themselves, they are sick b*st*rd, plus do you realize that the purpose to hold the PON is already moved from initial purpose ? at 1st, we hold PON as 'kawah chandradimuka' for our young athletes, so they can compete in fair play, and the final output is we wish we have athletes that can compete in the world stage, but what happen in recent PON ? provinces try to get athletes from other provinces just to get a lot of medals as possible, did you see what happen in football match ? that sick !!! and how could an athletes name I Gede Siman represents Riau ???? What's the purpose ? He's already competed in London 2012, of course he won't face any difficulties in national level... I do agree we don't need that PON, or we need to fix all the KONI, KOI, bureaucrat and politician, so we could have a good and clean PON

Hi kera ngalam :), nice to meet you again, 1st of all I don't know a lot about you, whether you are an athlete, a bureaucrat, a politician, or just a fan of sport :), but you i hope you realize what's happen in our beloved country, that sc*mb*g corrupter, they will only use event like PON to gain the profit for themselves, they are sick b*st*rd, plus do you realize that the purpose to hold the PON is already moved from initial purpose ? at 1st, we hold PON as 'kawah chandradimuka' for our young athletes, so they can compete in fair play, and the final output is we wish we have athletes that can compete in the world stage, but what happen in recent PON ? provinces try to get athletes from other provinces just to get a lot of medals as possible, did you see what happen in football match ? that sick !!! and how could an athletes name I Gede Siman represents Riau ???? What's the purpose ? He's already competed in London 2012, of course he won't face any difficulties in national level... I do agree we don't need that PON, or we need to fix all the KONI, KOI, bureaucrat and politician, so we could have a good and clean PON

hmm that is interesting..... first i'm a young fan of sport and yes these sport events are used for corruption (what a insane corruption hunters did'nt they??) about that purpose of pon yes it just worse province stealing athletes from the other one that creating conflicts about i gede siman in riau he said that he join riau because riau promises better life besides he don't like KONI bali seriously!!! about ''we don't need a pon'' i heard about youth pon first edition next year in east java for train our youth athletes for YOG and for long term olympics so maybe these games can acheive your idea of pon the real initial purpose which is 'kawah chandradimuka' for our young athletes but the question is if there is no pon what will replace it ??

hmm that is interesting..... first i'm a young fan of sport and yes these sport events are used for corruption (what a insane corruption hunters did'nt they??) about that purpose of pon yes it just worse province stealing athletes from the other one that creating conflicts about i gede siman in riau he said that he join riau because riau promises better life besides he don't like KONI bali seriously!!! about ''we don't need a pon'' i heard about youth pon first edition next year in east java for train our youth athletes for YOG and for long term olympics so maybe these games can acheive your idea of pon the real initial purpose which is 'kawah chandradimuka' for our young athletes but the question is if there is no pon what will replace it ??

Hi young-fella, :), the way you implying the 'young' hope this country become better country in the hand of yours :), for me, no need to hold a multi-event like PON, we could have a national single event for every sport that be competed in olympic level, we do already had Indonesia open for badminton, some event in Tennis, and Indonesia open for athletic too - the last one was held in Surabaya- :), + what is the purpose to held air-sport and motor-sport in PON ? that even isn't be competed in olympic... Really, the better way is hold the single-event for each sport, or bring back PON to original purpose, just hold the event that be competed in olympic :)

Hi young-fella, :), the way you implying the 'young' hope this country become better country in the hand of yours :), for me, no need to hold a multi-event like PON, we could have a national single event for every sport that be competed in olympic level, we do already had Indonesia open for badminton, some event in Tennis, and Indonesia open for athletic too - the last one was held in Surabaya- :), + what is the purpose to held air-sport and motor-sport in PON ? that even isn't be competed in olympic... Really, the better way is hold the single-event for each sport, or bring back PON to original purpose, just hold the event that be competed in olympic :)

nice idea but the fact is pon is not for just olympic sport don't forget that we have sea games and asian games both of them have non olympic sports event so of course we have to train our athletes for these games remember the important thing is to find good athletes that can represent indonesia in international event which is not just olympics but yes i'm agree about single national championship for each sport......

OCA Evaluation Committee visits Hanoi

07 OCT 2012

Hanoi, Vietnam: The OCA Evaluation Committee led by OCA Vice President Lt Gen ® Syed Arif Hasan, President of the Pakistan Olympic Association, had a working visit to Hanoi - one of the bidding cities to host the 18th Asian Games in 2019 - from October 5-7. The Evaluation Committee, consisting of Lt Gen Arif, Mr. Vinod Kumar Tiwari, Director, International & NOC Relations OCA, and Mr. Tayyab Ikram, Member, Athletes Committee OCA, had meetings with HE Hoang Tuan Anh, President of the Vietnam Olympic Committee, Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism, and other government officials, as well as the Hanoi People's Committee.

The Evaluation Committee also visited the National Urban Planning Exhibition Hall to see Hanoi Capital Planning to 2020, vision to 2050. Lt Gen Arif and the other members were particularly interested in the sports complex, Athletes’ Village and transportation system for the Asian Games. Before leaving Hanoi, the Committee also toured the Hanoi Elite Sports Training Centre and other venues.

The Evaluation Committee visited Surabaya in east Java, Indonesia, last week and will end their three-city tour in Dubai, UAE. The OCA General Assembly in Macau, China, on November 8 will select the host city for the 2019 Asian Games.

The 16th Asian Games were held in Guangzhou, China, in 2010 and the 17th Asiad will take place at Incheon, Korea, from September 19 to October 4, 2014, and feature 437 events in 36 sports over 16 competition days. Some 20,000 athletes, officials and media from the OCA's 45 National Olympic Committees are expected to attend the Incheon Games.

Source: Tuyet Hoa – VOC media official

http://www.ocasia.or...a1MfLNMNMDeFA==

I just read in local sport tabloid, seems like Indonesia still goes with the plan, Surabaya, even for the football match, Indonesia has a plan to build an international stadium in Madura, while the others 3 are 2 in Surabaya, and 1 in Sidoarjo, zigzag, have you heard about this plan ? I'm jut curios why they want to build the stadium in Madura -to be corrupted ?- instead of using Stadium in Malang

• 2 weeks later...

I just read in local sport tabloid, seems like Indonesia still goes with the plan, Surabaya, even for the football match, Indonesia has a plan to build an international stadium in Madura, while the others 3 are 2 in Surabaya, and 1 in Sidoarjo, zigzag, have you heard about this plan ? I'm jut curios why they want to build the stadium in Madura -to be corrupted ?- instead of using Stadium in Malang

maybe because the distance surabaya to malang is about 90 km so it takes a hour by car while surabaya to madura is around 30 minutes by ferry and thanks to suramadu you can cut more time and arrive in madura faster...

actually, for those who doesn't know the geography of Indonesia, Krakatoa is in Java strait, it's located in the WEST of Java, while Surabaya is the capital of East Java province, so of course it's located in EAST Java, :), seems like the Indonesian - although i must admit that our government is crazy - but we are not mad as Reno - Lake Tahoe's proposal :P

31GA-banner.jpg

Clock ticks towards 2019 Asian Games host city announcement

31 Oct 2012

Kuwait: The announcement of the host city for the 18th Asian Games in 2019 is expected to be made at 4.30pm on Thursday, November 8 – the day of the 31st OCA General Assembly in Macau, China. The three cities bidding to host the 18th Asiad - Surabaya (Indonesia), Hanoi (Vietnam) and Dubai (United Arab Emirates) - will make their presentations at the General Assembly, which will be held at the Macau East Asian Games Dome.

All 45 National Olympic Committees belonging to the OCA will vote on the host city bids, with the announcement scheduled for 4.30pm. A three-strong OCA Evaluation Committee team, led by OCA Vice President Lt Gen (Ret) Syed Arif Hasan, President, Pakistan Olympic Association, visited the three bid cities from October 1-9 and produced a report on the trip.

Common factors are that all three bids plan to hold approximately 35 sports - the ideal number fixed by the OCA of 28 Olympic sports plus seven to reflect the diverse sporting culture of the OCA’s five zones – and the time frame will be November/December 2019.

The Indonesian bid involves Surabaya, in east Java, as the main city, in conjunction with the sister cities of Gresik and Sidoarjo. Hanoi, which hosted the 3rd Asian Indoor Games in 2009, plans to hold some football, yachting and rowing events in neighboring cities, while the UAE bid incorporates Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Fujairah.

Indonesia has staged one Asian Games, in the capital Jakarta in 1962, while Vietnam and UAE have yet to host the OCA’s most prestigious event.

Previous Asian Games host cities:

1st Asian Games, New Delhi, India, 1951

2nd Asian Games, Manila, Philippines, 1954 3rd Asian Games, Tokyo, Japan, 1958 4th Asian Games, Jakarta, Indonesia, 1962 5th Asian Games, Bangkok, Thailand, 1966 6th Asian Games, Bangkok, Thailand, 1970 7th Asian Games, Tehran, Iran, 1974 8th Asian Games, Bangkok, Thailand, 1978 9th Asian Games, New Delhi, India, 1982 10th Asian Games, Seoul, Korea, 1986 11th Asian Games, Beijing, China, 1990 12th Asian Games, Hiroshima, Japan, 1994 13th Asian Games, Bangkok, Thailand, 1998 14th Asian Games, Busan, Korea, 2002 15th Asian Games, Doha, Qatar, 2006 16th Asian Games, Guangzhou, China, 2010 17th Asian Games, Incheon, Korea, September 19-October 4, 2014 18th Asian Games, 2019, to be decided on November 8.

Archived