Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baron-pierreIV

'Fabulous" Johnny Weir(d) Denied spot in STARS ON ICE!

American NEVER-QUITE-MEDALLIST Johnny Weir, known for his very flamboyant costumes (always likes to portray the Firebird or the Fallen Princess :blink: ) and his preference for subversive Soviet manners and friends, has once again been denied a spot in this year's SMUCKERS STARS ON ICE Tour!! Weir's camp says that because their star in not "family-friendly!"

Wow! How can that be? Isn't Johnny a little more butch this year than he was last year?

Discuss!!

Channel 9 down here adopted him as a pet for our Vancouver coverage as a kiss-and-make-up gesture after our anchor made a few borderline homophobic (more just stupid attempts at humour) comments early in the games about the skaters. I was already expecting that he was going to start appearing regularly down here now as Channel 9's own "Queer Flamboyant Eye" on the world (some of the other networks here already always seem to fly out Carson Cressley whenever they feel they need such an eye for the odd fashion pageant or society event).

This just makes me all the more certain the Princess will be gracing Australian screens on Channel 9 regularly in soming months.

Like the advertisement for his Sundance Channel TV series said:

"Johnny Weir: You either love him or hate him there's no middle ground."

It was quite funny actually, too, the way it was said.

I watch his reality show. It's hilarious! And they say he's not family friendly enough to be on SOI? The guy is putting his brother through college and helping his family since his father can't work due to a disability. They could have come up with a better excuse... :unsure: