Sign in to follow this  
Citius Altius Fortius

Munichs' Mini Bid Book online

munich truly has an exceptional bid!!!!!!

which i guess means it wont win the games - they will go to pyeongchang :(

not yet - when I looked yesterday for the mini-bid book I had recognised that every brochure is web-based so far

in the window of the web-based mini-book is a button "Drucken" - you can print it out - "Vollbildmodus" is "full size screen modus"

not yet - when I looked yesterday for the mini-bid book I had recognised that every brochure is web-based so far

in the window of the web-based mini-book is a button "Drucken" - you can print it out - "Vollbildmodus" is "full size screen modus"

Is it possible to print all pages at once ?

I am in the office right now, therewith I haven't tried it yet memorabilia

I have just sent an e-mail to the Munich bid organisation and kindly asked if there will be a downloadable PDF-file, GBModerator

Does someone understand the orgchart for the bid committee on page 24 ????

Too confusing... It took me several minutes to find Kathy Witt...

She looks as she has only a symbolic role... that`s a shame...

Edited by memorabilia

Does someone understand the orgchart for the bid committee on page 24 ????

Too confusing...

in the center the structure of the bid committee is explained - this structure is ruled by German laws for private limited companies:

- the supervisionary board

- the shareholders board

- and the bid committee

on the left side the consistency of the shareholder board is explained: 51% German NOC, Ciy of Munich 30%, ....

on the right side it is explained that there are external advisors, which work for the shareholders board and the bid committee

Furthermore on the left side it is shown that the bid committee is supported by a board of trustees of well known Germans (the president of this board is Katarina Witt) and that the Federal Government is presented by the minister of interior in the supervisionary board and in the steering group, which prepares the meetings of the supervisionary board....

It seems complicated but that is a totally normal structure of a company in Germany - Lufthansa has the same - it works

It seems complicated but that is a totally normal structure of a company in Germany - Lufthansa has the same - it works

Thanks for the explanation, that doesn't feell me more confortable with this orgchart...

As you said, it is complicated... and normal for a company as Lufthansa... but here this is a bid committee.... with just a few staff... with a 2 years life time...

Fortunately for Munchen, almost no one will take care of it....

But when i look at it, i don't see who is managing the thing... i saw Presidents every where !!!!

Thanks for the explanation, that doesn't feell me more confortable with this orgchart...

As you said, it is complicated... and normal for a company as Lufthansa... but here this is a bid committee.... with just a few staff... with a 2 years life time...

Fortunately for Munchen, almost no one will take care of it....

But when i look at it, i don't see who is managing the thing... i saw Presidents every where !!!!

well the bid committee is a "GmbH" - which is a legal status in Germany - this has advantages, but such company has to fulfill requirements too - like the structure...

The main persons of the bid are Willy Bogner and two managing directors: Richard Adam and Bernhard Schwank, these three have to report there plans/decisions to the shareholder board and the supervisionary board

just a remark for page 32 - Lindsey Vonn and Maria Riesch are friends since they were teens - Lindsey Vonns' German is really good! Traditionally Lindsey and her husband spend christmas eve at the Riesch family

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius
  • Like 1

just a remark for page 32 - Lindsey Vonn and Maria Riesch are friends since they were teens - Lindsey Vonns' German is really good! Traditionally Lindsey and her husband spend christmas eve at the Riesch family

Sorry CAF, i had to give you a negative post... you could not announce me like that, that Lindsey Vonn has an husband.... :(:o (you have the right to give it back to me..... :D )

Sorry CAF, i had to give you a negative post... you could not announce me like that, that Lindsey Vonn has an husband.... :(:o (you have the right to give it back to me..... :D )

I will try my very best, that she will agree in a divorce

;)

lindsey-vonn-11430955-MBHF-1233689890,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Lindsey and Thomas Vonn

I will try my very best, that she will agree in a divorce

;)

lindsey-vonn-11430955-MBHF-1233689890,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Lindsey and Thomas Vonn

Does he get some German Origin ? And shorted his name... "Vonn Something" ???? (Amd you almost got another negative post... with sending such a picture..... :o )

Does he get some German Origin ? And shorted his name... "Vonn Something" ???? (Amd you almost got another negative post... with sending such a picture..... :o )

No - he is pure "US-citizen" - the french "de" isn't "Vonn" in German, but "von"

I just finished to read the complete mini bid book - and I would like to make some remarks:

- transportation: no direct link between Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Oberammergau - there is a train station in Oberau, but it takes 13 minutes from Oberau to Oberammergau - I would prefer when there is a direct train connection

- I can understand that they don't want to built a new bobsleigh run in Garmisch, but I think they should think about it...

- I would prefer when the IOC hotel and the IBC/MPC are closer to the Olympic Park in Munich

- I would prefer when the complete area of the today's federal army administration is used for the Olympic Village

- transportation: no direct link between Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Oberammergau - there is a train station in Oberau, but it takes 13 minutes from Oberau to Oberammergau - I would prefer when there is a direct train connection

- I can understand that they don't want to built a new bobsleigh run in Garmisch, but I think they should think about it...

Is there no plan for such a link? I've found myself that transport between Garmisch and Oberammeragau isn't that easy (bus was the only option when I went). I assume an Olympic shuttle service would be set up for the games, though.

Does Germany really need yet another bob run? ;)

Is there no plan for such a link? I've found myself that transport between Garmisch and Oberammeragau isn't that easy (bus was the only option when I went). I assume an Olympic shuttle service would be set up for the games, though.

Does Germany really need yet another bob run? ;)

yes there is an Olympic Shuttle service planned

no - not really...

They will all make Candidate status, unless of course you want a 2 city vote deal.

Almaty, Kazakhstan should have bidded. Could have made things interesting and "steal" the games. It would have been their best chances to make the Candidate stage.

Edited by Lord David

caf: what are the events set for berchtesgaden if they win 2018?

In "Schönau am Königsee" is one of the four sliding-centres in Germany (Altenberg, Oberhof and Winterberg are the other three) - Schönau is the only one in Bavaria - the HQ of the International luge fedeation is in Schönau, too...

In Schönau would be the luge, skeleton and bobsleigh events held...

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius