U.S. Winter Bid for 2022 or 2026

Love this. It's fun being chastised for a point of view that you don't even hold, isn't it?

I don't think it's chastising, but I know better than than to start an argument over semantics around here. Again, it is interesting though that you've replied to 2 of my posts now and neither of FYI's post (perhaps you hit the ignore button for him). I find that very curious, that's all

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It came across as arrogant (maybe that's far too strong a word actually) because it's making an assumption that the vote was about a message to America, when quite frankly it wasn't. It's viewing the

The thing that surprises me the most in this thread is that there are so many people who are unwilling to just be patient. Is it really that hard to wait and put forward a top-drawer American bid when

And do u really think they will turn down the whatever $.5 million deposit for over a year + all the interest it can add to its coffers, at the outset--just to put US supporters' mind at rest? And wh

Yeah, but what Atlanta had wasn't ambush marketing - all the bazaar store vendors were licensed by the City.

But they were still capatalizing on the Games being in town.

But they were still capatalizing on the Games being in town.

Yeah, but ambush marketing is when a company tries to capitalise on the games when they have not signed up for any rights to do so. That wasn't the case for the Atlanta flea market - the IOC had no legal means to move the Atlanta hawkers away as they were in their rights to set up as they did. There was nothing "ambush" about it - apart from some of them selling unlicensed t-shirts and trinkets.

Edited by Sir Rols