super bowl 2014

I thought that was it. I don't think there is any regulation preventing international candidates, but I'm sure that would be unlikely other than London. I think South Africa would be really cool too:) in the future. IMO Miami has already had enough Super Bowls, and NYC would be VERY cold.

Pleasant weather matters for the Superbowl and all its pre-game outdoor events, as seen by all the New Orleans, Florida, and California hostings. But New York should win for the new stadium and the NFL's offices are here anyhow.

I don't care much for Football, but the idea of a Superbowl in Europe seems kinda laughable to be honest.

It might be novel to have a Super Bowl outside the US, and probably would be well attended. But I doubt it'd boost Gridiron's popularity outside the US in the long term. It'd just be a temporary sensation.

I don't think they'd do it at risking the alienation of the American audience. Super Bowls have no attendance problems in the US. Maybe for novelty's sake, but I doubt it. A London Super Bowl would have to be held in late time, in order to provide convenience to the American audience. I know the NFL has been discussing it, but it seems that it will stay in the US for the time being.

Pleasant weather matters for the Superbowl and all its pre-game outdoor events, as seen by all the New Orleans, Florida, and California hostings. But New York should win for the new stadium and the NFL's offices are here anyhow.

That's my point. Holding it in warm weather year after year is silly, especially considering NFL teams play in freezing temperatures constantly. There's little reason it shouldn't be held in cold weather environments.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care much for Football, but the idea of a Superbowl in Europe seems kinda laughable to be honest.

Is there still a Europe league?

Jets and Giants official bid to host Super Bowl XLVIII at new Meadowlands arrives in the NFL office

New York's hopes of landing Super Bowl XLVIII was contained in 10 binders and arrived in the NFL office at Thursday's deadline.

"Massive documents," Mark Lamping, the president and CEO of the New Meadowlands Stadium, said Thursday.

The bids from the competition - Miami and Tampa - also beat the deadline. So now the race is on. The NFL will work with all three bidders until May 1 and then the final product will be forwarded to league owners in early May. They will vote May 24-26 at a meeting in Dallas to decide which city gets the 2014 Super Bowl.

"Submitting the bid takes us one step closer to making the dream of hosting the 2014 Super Bowl a reality," said Jets Chairman and CEO Woody Johnson. "While I know that there is still work to be done in order to earn this opportunity, I remain confident that we are making a strong case to host the biggest game in our new stadium."

The Giants and Jets bid might have been delivered on April Fool's Day, but this was no joke. They are very serious about being selected for the first outdoor cold weather Super Bowl.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2010/04/01/2010-04-01_jets_giants_turn_in_official_super_bowl_bid.html#ixzz0jtO7XM2i

Both Miami and Tampa have an obsession with hosting a Super Bowl every few years, which is why I think one of those two cities will get the 2014 Super Bowl.

Doesn't matter. It's the NFL owners' vote. And the consensus from voters is that NYC will get the Super Bowl.

Doesn't matter. It's the NFL owners' vote. And the consensus from voters is that NYC will get the Super Bowl.

But that's kinda dumb. I mean I am not a football fan and I don't follow the NFL but isn't the point of a Sunbelt Superbowl sort of a break from all the cold weather where 2/3rds of the league is played during the regular season? Isn't it like a reward for the 2 teams that survive...and the sponsors and all the camp-followers, etc., etc.? So why hold it in another freezing setting? I mean I think Time-Sports Illustrated also launches its much-vaunted Swimsuit edition during the SUperbowl goings-on, so how stupid would it be to launch that in the freezing climes of the Meadowlands?

Thank god I'm not a serious football fan.

BTW, New York could still mount an Olympic bid using the Meadowlands venues and actually build an Olympic Village there on the Jersey side. Just have the state of New Jersey cede that area to NYC for those 2 weeks temporarily to satisfy the peculiar naming demands, and then NYC returns the area back to NJ sovereignity after those 2 weeks.

But that's kinda dumb. I mean I am not a football fan and I don't follow the NFL but isn't the point of a Sunbelt Superbowl sort of a break from all the cold weather where 2/3rds of the league is played during the regular season? Isn't it like a reward for the 2 teams that survive...and the sponsors and all the camp-followers, etc., etc.? So why hold it in another freezing setting? I mean I think Time-Sports Illustrated also launches its much-vaunted Swimsuit edition during the SUperbowl goings-on, so how stupid would it be to launch that in the freezing climes of the Meadowlands?

Thank god I'm not a serious football fan.

Football is played weekly in cold weather, so there's no excuse for not having it in a cold weather environment. I think the last section of your post explains why you don't understand.

Archived