Where is the 2013 IOC Session?

Well, that's a somewhat interesting choice. I guess since no city in South America can realistically make a shot at the Games in 2020 and the IOC generally likes to stay out of areas bidding for the Games when the award the Games, going to BA allows for political neutrality, a chance to peek in on Rio's progress, and maybe even check out a city that someday might become an Olympic host aspirant once again.

I would love to see Olympic Games in Buenos Aires.

I thought it was at Sir Roltel's place...he asked me to bring a few beers, Citius was supposed to be supplying the sausages, Mr X had the maple syrup and bacon under control and Tulsa was going to provide the pens and paper so they could have the ballot.

Guess that means more beers for me :P

So, was it decided where the IOC nabobs and nimrodettes will party to pick 2020?

OK, never mind. Found out. It's in Buenos Aires. I guess the IOC'ers want to do some tangoing.

Don't seem to recall this being decided.Was their competition for this like with Copenhagen or was BA the sole applicant?

Is any part of the IOC session open to the public or is it a completely closed event?

Archived