COME BACK! We already miss you!

Damnit world, we should have built a Berlin wall around the city so that you could never leave. It has been 24 hours since the Closing Ceremony ended and everyone I know is depressed and hung over.

COMEEEE BACCCKKKK WORLD!!! EVERYONE GETS A FREE BABY BEAVER TO TAKE HOME IF YOU STAY FOR ANOTHER 17 DAYS!

BabyBeaver2.jpg

27029492_daf16eba57.jpg

4398114910_28d1f411c8_b.jpg

I have decided to leave GamesBids on either March 11, the day before I leave overseas for a week-long trip, or the day before GB Moderator decides to pull the plug on the Vancouver 2010 forum (and hopefully he'll give all of us Vancouverites a warning well in advance of when that will be). That will be a sad day indeed.

... the most important legacy for Vancouver is that everybody knows the city now and what the city has to offer, mr. x

you will see that tne number of international tourists will raise - and by the way those beaver babies are totally cute, but let them by their parents - that is better for them!

Oh dear...it was fun, but I need a nap. One that is about 880 days long. See you in London...I'm seriously thinking of going there in 2012.

Same here. I think I got officially hooked having experienced these games first hand. I'm thinking about going to London too, and Sochi. I just need to find a better job so that I can afford it.

I miss Vancouver, too - I miss the daily coverage - I miss the news from the other side of the Atlantic/North American continent - I miss the Olympic Games

Agreed.These forums truly come to life during an Olympic Games or when a host city election is due!

We'll just have to be patient until the next time.I guess we can't have Christmas all year round can we? B)

Agreed.These forums truly come to life during an Olympic Games or when a host city election is due!

We'll just have to be patient until the next time.I guess we can't have Christmas all year round can we? B)

yeah - that is true, you can't have christmas all year around - and I can understand our Canadian members, who recognise now, that the Vancouver Olympics are finished and they might have to wait a long time for another Olympic Games in their home country, but I think one of the secrets of success of Olympic Games is, that they were not hold in one place, but all over the world: I am looking forward to London 2012! I decided last year after the IAAF World Championships in Berlin that I will go to the London Olympics (my first Olympics live) and the great Vancouver Olympics encouraged me even more in this decision.

Apropos the next host city election will become for me very important, since I am hoping that Germany receive the honour to host the Winter Olympics in 2018.

Well, you Vancouverites have the big consoling aspect that the world will return to your city in less than two weeks, for the Paralympics. I'm actually a supporter of a "first stage the Paralympics, then the Olympics" concept, but this time around, I'm quite glad that the big party in Vancouver and Whistler is not completely over yet.

And once more, Mr. X: I fail to understand why you still want to leave the forum. You made postings not only on the Vancouver Games in all those years and I think you'd leave a great community behind. You should really, really reconsider whether you want to give all that up. As committed as you are to the Olympic Games, I highly doubt that they'll lose their significance for you now. Even if the host city won't be called Vancouver for quite a few decades to come, that doesn't mean that the Games won't be inspiring anymore.

And I also ask all other Canadian members of this forum to stay.

Just like my hometown Olympics, all good things have to come to an end and I've spent a considerable amount of time here. The Vancouver 2010 Olympic bid introduced me to the world of the Olympics, and I've joyfully followed the Games here in this forum from 2004 to 2010. I'll always be interested in the Olympic movement, I don't see myself ever failing to be interested...especially with London and Rio ahead.

• Like 1

I'm so sad the Olympic Games ended for me in a different way... a little bit shaken... but anyways, I watched a lot of the Games on TVN (they made a summary every afternoon) and somedays on ESPN+. And I have to say, Vancouver Games were incredible... congratulations to all of you, Canadians!!! ;)

Just like my hometown Olympics, all good things have to come to an end and I've spent a considerable amount of time here. The Vancouver 2010 Olympic bid introduced me to the world of the Olympics, and I've joyfully followed the Games here in this forum from 2004 to 2010. I'll always be interested in the Olympic movement, I don't see myself ever failing to be interested...especially with London and Rio ahead.

And so why don't you want to discuss about the London and Rio Games anymore? I simply don't understand that. Anticipating the Games and not sharing it with other Olympic aficionados would be only half the fun for me. And so many members already urged you to stay -- shouldn't that give you food for thought?

Damnit world, we should have built a Berlin wall around the city so that you could never leave. It has been 24 hours since the Closing Ceremony ended and everyone I know is depressed and hung over.

COMEEEE BACCCKKKK WORLD!!! EVERYONE GETS A FREE BABY BEAVER TO TAKE HOME IF YOU STAY FOR ANOTHER 17 DAYS!

BabyBeaver2.jpg

27029492_daf16eba57.jpg

this baby beaver is really cute - first I said it should stay at its parents, but the longer time goes by the more I want it!!!