Sochi Olympic Park

Ikarus360

Well some of you have already seen some pics of the final design of the Olympic Park for Sochi 2014 (most of them shown on the Rusky dome XD). I'll post the renders here, and i gotta say it looks quite impressive.

25.12.09_VVP_b.jpg

olymppark34_b.jpg

olymppark32_b.jpg

olymppark15_b.jpg

olymppark12_b.jpg

olymppark4_b.jpg

More renders!

d_ya__bu_006.jpg

d_ya__bu_007.jpg

d_ya__bu_008.jpg

d_ya__bu_009.jpg

d_ya__bu_010.jpg

d_ya__bu_011.jpg

d_ya__bu_012.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that a ferris wheel ring in the middle, looks awesome!!! What's with the blimps though???

I had wondered what it was for, that should look cool all lit up.

Wow, that looks really great! Does anybody know how much that costs? Probably very expensive... And who is the architect.

Everything reminds me a bit of the Beijing olympics. Everything very huge, very modern...

And what will happen after the olympics with that Olympic Park? Does anyone know?

Yes - its basically Beijing Olympic Green mark 2! Its certainly ambitious - and will make for a really unique winter games experience with everything so close like in the summer games! Literally all the ice sports are clustered together - you could go and watch 3 or 4 sessions in a day - and let's face it - what else is there to do in Sochi?!

I think the plan is to turn it into the wintertime training hub for Russian summer and winter sports - including things like football.

I have to say that after seeing the model at the Russky Dom in Vancouver, I was very impressed. What also impressed me is the high-speed rail project they're building to get up to the alpine venues. Very impressive.

I visited Russia House in Vancouver and saw the models...was definitely impressed, and it certainly will make Sochi 2014 the Winter equivalent for the Beijing 2008 Summer Games. The Olympic Park will be a logistical wonder for organizers. You can bet that Moscow won't spare any expense for their party.

However, all of this infrastructure - both for sports and transport - being built for the Games...what's going to happen to it post-Games? It may be a resort town that could benefit from all of these capital investments, but even for a resort town of 300,000 I have a bad feeling this will turn out as a white elephant.

what else is there to do in Sochi?!

Plenty of things. Whatever your interests are - cultural life, historic sites, natural sites, restaurants, nightlife - it is all already quite attractive there and and is planned to be further improved by 2014. After all Sochi is and will continue to be Russia's #1 resort and partying destination... B)

even for a resort town of 300,000 I have a bad feeling this will turn out as a white elephant.

It's possible to an extent. However, all venues except the stadium are designed and built for multiple use as concert halls and exhibition centers. And the stadium is a part of Russia-2018 FIFA bid at the momenta and will become the home ground of the Sochi team, that plays in Russia's first division.

FYI, the permanent population of Sochi is 400,000 and growing, but in summer months Sochi often accommodates twice as many visitors simultaneously, so that the cumulative population grows to over 1 million.

That's crazy!!! So I guess the blimps are to entertain the masses with sports highlights on giant TVs :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Olympic Park with OV scale models. Some arenas designs changed a bit since I took those photos, but OV and Olympic Park are actual.

Medals Plaza

4004036903_af8337f493.jpg

Olympic Village

4353709350_1ece315cd6.jpg

4352944867_54edef626b.jpg

Olympic Park video

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Welcome Vladislav!

Definitely post more photos :) . You could be to the Sochi section on this forum like mr.x was for the Vancouver section. B) Of course we are all interested to see more photos from Sochi. B)

Archived