After games merchandise discounts

*ATTENTION*

If any of you live in Kelowna or the Okanagan...

A local vice principal and his son bought up a bunch of the Vancouver 2010 stuff and are now sellling it here in Kelowna on Richter Street (just off of Clement in the industrial section past Tree Brewing). They're running it as a weekend liquidation/blow-out sale.

They're just selling the stuff on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. They think they'll be there until the end of August or until the stuff sells out.

Lots of t-shirts and apparel. Tons of plush mascots (the $40 Quatchi is now going for $14.99). And all sorts of other stuff. Even some Men's Nike hockey jersies. Those official souvenir programs that were originally $17, are now $5. There were few of those pin trading lanyard sets too.

I picked some stuff up today myself:

Niedermayer T-shirt: $12

Niedermayer car window flag: $2.50

Coke/Vancouver 2010 fridge magnet: $2

Vancouver 2010 Downhill skiing coffee cup jacket: $1

Dang, I just wish I had more money. :( I would've gotten a Nike Men's hockey jersey but they were still at $99.

I want to thank these guys for making the merchandise available to locals that would otherwise not have access to it in Vancouver. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the local liquidator here in Kelowna today. Some price reductions:

• 16.5" Quatchi - Originally $40 - now $9.95 - I think some of the other mascots were reduced in price as well but this is the only one I really paid attention to as last weekend it was still $14. You can probably expect these to be reduced even further - there were a ton of them produced.
  • Team Canada Hockey Jersies - $89.99! - dropped down $10 from last weekend - I picked up a white XL for myself. There was only one more XL on the rack but there were some more from the other sizes (and I think they may have had some more XLs in a yet unopened box). Other team jersies are $49 (Russian, German, etc).

They also have some other stuff that are pretty good deals like sunglasses for $5. Those blue-coloured 2010 old-style knit hockey sweaters by Kootenay Knitting are the best deal. Originally they were $135 to $150. Now they are marked to $39.99. I think I spotted a couple of those still there.

Just a note if anyone's going there, they are closed next weeked because of the Apple Triathlon happening in Kelowna (this is an Olympic qualifier event B) ). But they'll be open the following weekend.

Here's their website in case anyone is wondering about them:

http://www.weekendwarehousesale.com/

Any idea which store? I'd totally buy one!!!

Not official merchandise (dunnow where to put this, it would seem such a waste to create a new thread, I just wanted to share this blah blah), but look at what a friend found in one of the t-shirt stores here:

45823_424620144382_787894382_4690748_7380480_n.jpg

The ORDA store in Lake Placid has some discounted children's Vancouver shirts. I stopped at both of these stores a few days ago. About 75 percent off. If you go to the Team USA store on Main in Lake Placid they have hats, keychains, children's shirts, Ralph Lauren polo's, mens shirts, and vests for all 50 percent off. All of the vests are all xl and 2x.

Hey guys,

I'm interested in getting a few hundred mascot plushies (the smallest ones or even key chains), and I know there's currently a big liquidation sale going on. If you do know, please let me know where and the cost.

I really appreciate it, thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm interested in getting a few hundred mascot plushies (the smallest ones or even key chains), and I know there's currently a big liquidation sale going on. If you do know, please let me know where and the cost.

I really appreciate it, thanks!

Ah, that was you mr.x, that posted over on redflagdeals. Have you tried Northern Gifts? Apparently they still have tons of mascots.

http://www.northerngifts.com/2010sale.htm

Seeing their ad, now I know who the local liquidator here in Kelowna is tied to.

After a tip in the redflagdeals forum I made the sojourn from UBC to heterotown Metrotown today after work.

At the Bay, lower floor, there's a WALL of original red mittens--adults and kids, all sizes. And around the corner there's a whack of Team Canada merchandise. A lot of it's the horrible "new" versions with that fugly maple leaf, but I found a men's small grey CANADA hoody! Several men's red mediums, a few larges, lots of XL and 2XL. And lots of women's too.

And in the mail today from Coke: a high quality 8x10 print of my torch run, along with a certificate! From pillar to post Coke's done an amazing job for us torchbearers!

After a tip in the redflagdeals forum...

:lol: You're on there too? nobase2010 and mr.x are there too, although mr.x is posting under micronuts I think. I'm assuming it's him as he posted about getting mascots here and also the same request at redflagdeals.

The local liquidator here in Kelowna still has lots of stuff - and they will be open until the end of September. I think they are tied to Northern Gifts as some of their ads are the same. I picked up some additional stuff: a four-host first nations Vancouver 2010 t-shirt, a Vancouver 2010 Coca-Cola glass, and a 2010 Coca-cola fridge magnet.

They added a few other items as well like Vancouver 2010 picture frames (some featuring the mascots) and some Sunice shirts (non Vancouver 2010).

I'm heading over to the island for a visit with my parents on Friday, so I won't be able to check out the sale this weekend, but I'll see what they have left the following weekend.

I poke my nose around in there from time to time; don't have an account there (yet).

Happy Labour Day! Have fun on the Island!

:lol: You're on there too? nobase2010 and mr.x are there too, although mr.x is posting under micronuts I think. I'm assuming it's him as he posted about getting mascots here and also the same request at redflagdeals.

On my trip over to the island, I spotted a few merchandise remnants...

I took the Tsawwassen to Duke Point ferry. Caught the Queen of Alberni both ways. In the gift shop were still a few items left: a 6-sticker set for $5.99 but had a 50% off sticker on it, a temporary tattoo sheet featuring the mascots for $5.99 (also with a %50 off sticker on it), and two pins (Goalie Mask Russia, Goalie Mask Sweden). The pins were marked 20% off. Not much of a discount on the pins considering some places they were/are selling for $1 - but don't forget, this is the BC Ferries. Since I didn't have these two pins yet I got them both.

At the Canadian Tire in Port Alberni saw two racks still full of various 2010 key chains. Unfortunately they weren't marked down yet. I think the price was still $10. The selection included logos, mascots, four host First Nations designs. If you're looking for these key chain racks, one's at the customer service desk and the other is at the key cutting kiosk.

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up Vancouverites!

I just read this on redflagdeals:

Just got an email from Northern Gifts that said that a free 7.5 inch Quatchi is available for each person. No purchase required.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend only (September 24-26, 2010), every customer that visits our warehouse sale will receive a FREE 7.5" Quatchi! No purchase necessary, while supplies last, one per person per day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also advertised on their website:

Swung by the Bay in downtown Vancouver today (salad spinner, oven mitts, you know--high fashion) and discovered a similar offering to the in the Bay hetrotown Metrotown.

There's a supply of 2010 mittens (and the new in-house knock-offs) and various other pieces of Team Canada 2010 apparel. Even found a medium white men's Canada hoodie. Almost bought one of those neoprene red-n-black jackets...then remembered all my other 2010 outerwear (neoprene hooded raincoat, paralympic neoprene jacket, olympic jacket, Team 2010 jacket(s) [2], grey and red Team Canada 2010 hoodies, torch relay hoodie...

And they had one kewl item: men's XL ski pants from Team Ukraine. I"m a S or M unfortunately...

Besides: I'm spending waaaay too much on eBay as it is...

Anyone go to Northern Gifts and get a free Quatchi? You didn't have to buy anything, they were just handing them out as you went in. I think they were givig away the 7.5" size. I think these were originally around $15.

I went to the local liquidator and picked up another fridge magnet and another "Mascots carrying flags" 3-pin set for trading. They actually put out some more items. I noticed some new shirts, and a number of different designs of playing cards, including Coke 2010 decks.

Last weekend, Northern Gifts in Burnaby were giving out free 7.5" plush Quatchis. This weekend its free 7.5" Sumis, just for showing up, no purchase necessary. 1 per person:

Pin lanyards for $5? Darn! Here they're selling them for $9.