After games merchandise discounts

I went to the local Bay, and alot of their stuff was gone already. It's possible they shipped stuff to the main store in Vancouver. They still had kid's sizes of team Canada stuff, but all the adult stuff was gone. I was hoping to pickup one of those black jackets. As for pins, all that remaind were 3 designs of Paralympic pins.

Toys R Us has discounts on all their mascot merchandise. Pins are $5.89. Gonna try and complete my sport mascot set.

Went to London Drugs and couldn't find the pin rack, so, it's possible they are all gone there too.

Missing these games already, :( but it was a wild a crazy ride over these past 7+ years. B)

Wait until after the Paralympic winter games...when they're over I bet there will be a flood of material available locally in Vancouver and on EBay that will be from VANOC's own inventory. Everything from bed linen, tables, stationery, flags, uniforms...all will get sold as they try and recoup as much as they can. And Vancouverites...you too may be able to own the same mattress protector once used by Alexandre Bilodeau ;)

Wait until after the Paralympic winter games...when they're over I bet there will be a flood of material available locally in Vancouver and on EBay that will be from VANOC's own inventory. Everything from bed linen, tables, stationery, flags, uniforms...all will get sold as they try and recoup as much as they can. And Vancouverites...you too may be able to own the same mattress protector once used by Alexandre Bilodeau ;)

I think there is an auction link on VANOC's website already.

I just got back from Zellers. Just one tiny little rack left with children's clothes. I can't believe they sold pretty much everything. However, right beside that rack was this:

43400641Small.jpg

The Torino CBC 6-disc set and the Beijing NBC 4-disc set, each for $9.99! B)

The Beijing set contains the 2-disk set of the Opening ceremonies, the Michael Phelps disc, and the highlights disc. They're also selling the Beijing discs individually for $4.99.

It's bugging me now that I missed out on the black Team Canada jacket. Oh well, here's hoping it will show up at Value Village in a year or two. :rolleyes:

All Olympic merchandise at Walmart is now 50% off. Pins at Walmart (if you can find any) are going at $1.48. I picked up about 12 pins (what they had left); 5 different designs which I didn't have in my own collection yet. The rest are doubles I'll use as traders. The pins I got were:

Paralympic Cowbell (VAN-1335)

Cut-out Whale (VAN-1050)

Stone Tree (VAN-1041)

Right Defence (Hockey) (VAN-1217)

Left Defence (Hockey) (VAN-1216)

Last Sunday, Canadian Tire ran an ad in the Ottawa Citizen saying they were selling pins for a buck each. I went to check it out around 4, but they were all gone. According to a cashier, people were elbowing each other to get to them. I called all the other Canadian Tires in Ottawa, but they were also cleared out :(

Rats! I completely forgot that Canadian Tire haad pins too. I'm going to have to check them out.

It took me an hour to get into the place. Long line up. Very small place but they have a lot of Olympic bags, key chain, tags, larn yarn, mascots bags....etc. Great deals everything is 50% or 70% off.

Some of the merchandise they are selling follow the link.

http://www.rcpower.com/images/uploads/file/RC%20(VANOC)%20July%202009.pdf

Winter Games warehouse sale

106-310 Kent St. South, Vancouver

Mon-Wed 10:30am-4:30pm

Thur-Fri 10:30am-7:00pm

Sat : 11:00am-4:00pm

Cash/Credit Cards

Located south of tracks behind South Van R.C. Superstore

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/vancouver-2010-olympics-merchandise-discount-clearance-thread-855781/59/

JEALOUSY! Anyone wanna help me out by shipping a few items to Ottawa?

I'm jealous too! A lot of that stuff never even showed up here in Kelowna. I like the ski boot and ski bags. I could use a ski boot bag.

On a side note, I went into the local Canadian Tire. Nothing left. No pins, nothing.

I remember 7-11 also had a small pin rack at the cashier. Anybody know if they have anything left? I'll check it out tomorrow when I stop there to get a newspaper.

Anyone know where else pins might be found?

Here in Kelowna, the stores that carried pins over the last year in the run up to the games were:

The Bay

Zellers

The Real Canadian Superstore

London Drugs

7-11

Toys R Us

Canadian Tire

Maybe some local souvenir shops. Maybe also the Tourist Info Centre (Chamber of Commerce).

And I honestly can't remember if Shoppers Drug Mart had any 2010 merchandise.

I can't believe, after 4 years, the pins are disappearing fast :( . I'm hoping HBC releases a COC pin set for the London 2012 games. Hopefully they'll put out a set like they did for Beijing and Torino.

A discount, but not a direct Vancouver 2010 discount...

This Sunday in BC only, if you are an iRewards member thru Chapters bookstore you get 25% off regular priced items. If you are an iRewards member, check your e-mail for the coupon. A good way to save a few bucks on Vancouver 2010 books. Chapters is carrying these ones:

O Siyam: Aboriginal Art Inspired by the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games

A Path of Northern Lights: The Story of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Torch Relay

Miga, Quatchi and Sumi: The Story of the Vancouver 2010 Mascots

and Chapters also has the Vancouver 2010 Opening and Closing Ceremony soundtracks.

was going to ask where can get vancouver olympic stuff when i am in town in 3 weeks but look like i wil be to later bugger. Does the bay in downtown have anything left? Was hoping to get a few pins and maybe a poster

Comor Sports on Burrard and 4th in Kitsilano is clearing some inventory as well. There were LOTS of bags of various types (ski, snowboard, backpack, carry-all, others), lots of shirts and pullover fleeces, a fair bit of fleece vests and tons of toques, gloves, baseball hats and dickies. And sunglasses, for some strange region.

All priced 50-70% off...though most of it was half price.

I went to see if there were any nice shirts. Really. But I left with some baseball hats (3/$20), dickies (3/$20), and a fleece vest ($20). Oh and a official Vancouver 2010 K2 snowboard and bindings. Board is 155cm; bindings are adult large. I asked about the board--and am glad I did, since it wasn't on the showroom floor.

4475691352_b70c15e0eb.jpg

I added the Canada kicks ass stomp pad though...although the fact that Canada does kick ass is indisputable, eh?

^Nice haul.

If anyone is on the Red Flag Deals forum, there's a big thread going on for Vancouver 2010 discounts and clearances:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/vancouver-2010-olympics-merchandise-discount-clearance-thread-855781/

Might be worth to follow as it covers all of Canada.

Completely forgot Home Outfitters is an HBC store. Went there today and picked up:

Tri-Color Team Canada Trapper's Hat L/XL Adult size for $12.99

Backpack for $12.99

Quatchi water bottle for $4.99

They also had lots of Miga waterbottles and a few of the black Team Canada waterbottles. I was hoping for some pins but didn't see any.

London Drugs has the 46 capulets Cold FX bottles with pins on sale for $19.99.

I was walking thru Walmart last night and noticed something neat in the garden section. They have a plastic garden innukshuk that is a complete knockoff of the VANOC logo innukshuk - even the colors are almost the same. I saw three sizes with the price range of $39.99 to $99.99 (I forgot what the mid-size one cost). So reminisce about the games and add Ilanaaq to your garden.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@ Toys R Us, further discounts:

Pins: $0.98

Various Sticker Sheets: $0.98

Mascot Luggage Tags: $4.98 (originally $21!) (all they had left locally was Mukmuk)

Kids' backpacks: $4.98

Kids' single shoulder backpack: $4.98

Mascot purses? Anyway they're square shapped with a shoulder strap: $4.98

Also have mascot slippers, mascot t-shirts, and a few other items but I didn't check the prices on them - probably all kids sizes.

@ Home Outfitters

Mascot waterbottles: $2.99

Backpacks (blue HBC): $7.98

Leftover tri-colour Trapper's Hats are probably discounted too. They were marked $12.50, but they are probably cheaper than that. They had one bin full of the hats - all mixed sizes, kids and adults.

Has VANOC been selling off fixtures, decorations, village equipment etc etc? I recall SOCOG was selling everything from beds to flags and all manner of non-souvenir stuff for at least a year after the 2000 Sydney Games...

Yeah there's a big warehouse sale and two online auctions. The venue is the equivalent of Homebush to Sydney's CBD...except without trains or busses or ferries to get easily to it.

• 3 weeks later...

all of the merchandise in Toronto is nearly gone. I never had a chance to get some shirts. I'm so disappointed.

Starting today at London Drugs, while supplies last:

Advertised:

The 7" plush mascots 4-pack, Sumi, Qautchi, Miga and Mukmuk for $14.99

Not Advertised:

Set of 4 plush mascot key chains: $8.99

I picked up one of each. Just a note, if you get the 7" mascot set, some have Mukmuk with red mittens and some don't.