Thank you, GamesBids!

As a Canadian, Vancouverite, and a VANOC volunteer, I'd like to say thanks to you guys for your support of these Games. Your insights and enthusiasm have been wonderful to read over these past few months. :) I hope that you've enjoyed Vancouver 2010 as much as I have.

I might post here a few times over the next few days but after that I probably won't be back unless I end up scoring a job with LOCOG, or maybe once Sochi gets closer. :) Once again, thank you, GamesBids! And goodbye for now..

thanks for the wonderful Games, Canada

but why do you want to leave the fascination, the secret of success of Olympic GAmes is the sharing of internationality - like it is here on GamesBids we are celebrating the diversity here - you should stay and take part in our discussions about the Olympic Games

what event lets make it that somebody from Hamburg, Germany went to bed at 08:00 pm to get up again at 02:00 and sharing with you in Vancouver, in Canada

Pretty much the same reason as mr.x.. They were most interesting to me because they took place in my backyard. I don't have a whole lot of interest in the bid process itself but I do care about the Olympics themselves as well as my country and my city. :)

Thanks to Canada, to the Vancouverites and to the Volunteers.... The organisation was well done & atmosphere great.

But your reaction of wanting to leave, as another member, confirm me in one my feelings here in Vancouver.

The parties were great, the atmosphere amazing... but it's was more first a celebration to CANADA & second a show of your ability to welcome the world instead of a celebration to the Olympic Games.

Too much nationalism... sometime a lack of fairplay (supporting its team doesn't mean to disturb the others)... Everything focus on Canada (difficult to watch something else than canadian athletes on TV... exept for Hockey Games).

Olympism is like my second religion, so may be I am overreacting... But for me, it's the Games first... before supporting my team (may be also because of our lack of results ;) ), one of my city bidding, ....

But maybe, it's also because i am travelling a lot and that i feel like a citizen of the world !!!

So you will do what you want, but we need here people that have lived the games (as spectators, as volunteers) to share their experience and react of how our olympic world is progressing, changing, organising, bidding, .....

But one thing is cool here... on tv !!! After a great Closing Ceremony, i could finish my evening regarding Lara Croft and the beautifull Angelina Jolie.... Wonderfull evening :):):D

Edited by memorabilia
  • Like 1

Everything focus on Canada (difficult to watch something else than canadian athletes on TV... exept for Hockey Games).

I wondered why so few people were at the cross country track today (just due there was no Canadian hope for a medal)? - why showed CTV a comercial when the medal ceremony took place at the CC?

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

Indeed, thank you GamesBids! Almost 8 years, but it's an end of an era for both myself personally and this forum.

The only reason why I got interested with the Games was because of the Vancouver bid. And I picked up my love for the Olympics along the way with Athens, Torino, Beijing, and the one just now in my backyard.

But it's time to move on...I'll still follow and enjoy the Games every 2-years, though not to the same extent...not just to support my nation's athletes but for the fun, the love, and the pageantry of the Olympic Games.