Question for our Canadian and US-members

well - Ice Hockey is a very important sport in Canada and in the United States and everybody in Canada and United States is looking forward to the final tomorrow with excitement!

What I don't understand why is this before the final in Vancouver only? I mean why are the Canadians and US-citizen not keen that the NHL is interrupted during Winter Olympics always that the Canadian and the United States team can "use" all NHL-players? I think that is totally strange...

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

well - Ice Hockey is a very important sport in Canada and in the United States and everybody in Canada and United States is looking forward to the final tomorrow with excitement!

What I don't understand why is this before the final in Vancouver only? I mean why are the Canadians and US-citizen not keen that the NHL is interrupted during Winter Olympics always that the Canadian and the United States team can "use" all NHL-players? I think that is totally strange...

If you are talking about the posibility of this being the last Olympics with NHL players, its because many owners of the NHL consider shutting down the league for two weeks bad business. I think the vast majority of fans (and players) are quite keen on seeing NHL players continuing to play in the NHL.

yeah - I am talking about exactly this...

I think it is strange that the vast majority of NHL-fans are excited to watch the Olympic Final tomorrow, but not at every Olympic Games - I believe the NHL-fans have a huge power over the league and can force that the NHL-team owners interrupt the NHL every four years for the Olympic Games to give the team of Canada and the USA the chance to play with their best players...

Yes, most people (except the business people in the NHL) support having their players in the Olympics.

Anyway, NHL players will not be leaving the Olympics anytime soon. The union for the players strongly support being in the Olympics, and I am sure negotiations will give them the power to keep them in the NHL.

Yes, most people (except the business people in the NHL) support having their players in the Olympics.

Anyway, NHL players will not be leaving the Olympics anytime soon. The union for the players strongly support being in the Olympics, and I am sure negotiations will give them the power to keep them in the NHL.

It actually look like participation to the games will be a bargaining chip at the next round of union negotiation. Anyway, if the NHL doesn't send there players to the games but the KHL does, you can bet there will be more players (especially Europeans) going over to play in Russia.