Who was in Vancouver for the Olympics?

mr.x

I was there, took in four days of the action. Left Kelowna after work on Saturday (Feb 20) and got back Wednesday night.

I had a blast. Got a photo with Jaromir Jagr! Saw Alexandre Bilodeau at the Canadian Mint Pavilion, and scored free tickets to the medal ceremony where Ashleigh McIvor got her gold medal. It was awesome singing O Canada while our flag was raised! Good times! :DB)

Kind of bugging me that I didn't go the first week too, on my days off from work. There was just to much to see in too little time.

I'm still here. Was at both hockey games today. US game was terrible...the Fin's showed very little pride...Canada game raised my blood pressure far past dangerous levels.

We have the Team Pursuit Fina's in Richmond tmrw and the Gold Medal Hockey game on Sunday. Should be a grand finish. Canada's men are in both finals. GO CANADA GO!!!

I would never try Poutine in the USA before I haven't tried it in Canada...

lolll...we have New York Fries chains in Vancouver too. They are among the best when it comes to French Fries and especially poutines. Personally, I think they have perfected it...not that I eat a lot of it, maybe like once every few months because it's so damn good.

And it's not very difficult to make...fries + cheese curds + gravy. :lol:

New York Fries poutine

nyfpout.jpg

mhh - I think I have to come to Canada sometimes and try it, but I have to admit that I wouldn't go into a fast food restaurant - I would prefer to go in a real restaurant...

New York Fries are potatoes freshly cut on the day of cooking...and they even keep the potato skins when they are fried. At all other locations, they use freezer french fries.

would you buy it when you see it in the USA?

Well, you can get mashed potatoes with gravy and cheese here, so it's not exactly the same...other than that, I've never seen poutine here in the states? Maybe you'd have it near the border, but not down here in the south.

I'm from Quebec and I HATE POUTINE.

To respond to the initial question of this thread : Yes I was there.

I saw six Gold for Canada on a total of 15 finals

A total of 11 hockey games.

Since this thread seems to change it's orientation to a gastronomic one, I wanted during my trip in Vancouver to try who's the best between Vera's Burger and Fatburger.

My verdict (with two visits at each places) : Fatburger by far.

I'm from Quebec and I HATE POUTINE.

To respond to the initial question of this thread : Yes I was there.

I saw six Gold for Canada on a total of 15 finals

A total of 11 hockey games.

Since this thread seems to change it's orientation to a gastronomic one, I wanted during my trip in Vancouver to try who's the best between Vera's Burger and Fatburger.

My verdict (with two visits at each places) : Fatburger by far.

I have a Fatburger just at my corner... but with such a name.. did not want to try it !!!!!!!!!!!

So may be with your good advice, i will try it before the end of the Paralympics.

So to answer the initial topic, yes i was there and still here till the end of the Paralympic Games.