Does not seem like many people know what Nistepakke means :lol:

The key word of this post is "Karsk"....

In Norway, regional patritism often runs much higher than national partriotism, and the rather patriotic local newspaper in Trondheim has calculated the medals from athletes that either are born or lives in the two sourrounding Trøndelag counties, and discovered that if Trøndelag was independent, we would have the following medal tally from Vancouver:

1. (gold silver bronze total)
  2. Canada 14 7 5 26 (population 309 M)
  3. Germany 10 13 7 30 (pop 82 M)
  4. USA 9 15 13 37 (pop 309 M)
  5. Trøndelag 8 2 4 14 (pop 422k)
  6. South Korea 6 6 2 14 (pop 50 M)

Those numbers include team competitions (although with prominent participation from Trøndelag). If only counting individual medals, Trøndelag's score is 5-2-2, which still places us on 9th place, just after Sweden (and counting their team medals).

However, compared with the history this is nothing, in 1952 Trøndelag would have been the second best nation, and quite frankly, Trøndelag could easily have won a couple of more golds this year as well. The biggest ski star in Norway, which is not alpinist Svindal but cross country skier Northug could easily have won at least one more gold if his skis had been waxed properly during and his pole had not been broken (by the Swedish winner...) during the first few cross country races. Similarly, medal hope Magnus Moan was really unlucky with the wind conditions in the Nordic combined races....

Finally, a lot of the Swedish stars either comes from or trains in the former Norwegian county Jämtland of Sweden (the county of Østersund / Åre). If split from their mother countries and reunified we would have become a fine olympic nation.....

Olympic medals of Trøndelag:

Gold:

gullrigg_1174701c.jpg

Silver:

s_lvrigg_1174702c.jpg

Bronze:

bronserigg_1174704c.jpg

No, I did not know that, but I've heard that two in the Norwegian team (including Nystad, I guess) are speaking Norwegian. As much as I enjoyed Northug winning the final cross country gold I in fact think it would have been better if Axel Teichmann had won, to keep up the interest of cross country skiing in Germany. Other than that, I think FIS has destroyed the 50 k race. It used to be all about extreme endurance and personal will with the interval start. The way it is currently, it is a long transport leg before the final sprint at the end. Quite boring, but I guess easier to understand for non-nordics...

^^ The first sentence above should of course have been "but I've heard that two in the German team (including Nystad, I guess) are speaking Norwegian". (And I guess a new paragraph would have helped afterwards!)

^^^^ And after reading myself up on Miriam, I have learnt that her mother is from Molde, which is not in Trøndelag, but located in the third county of the Mid-Norway region.....

No, I did not know that, but I've heard that two in the Norwegian team (including Nystad, I guess) are speaking Norwegian. As much as I enjoyed Northug winning the final cross country gold I in fact think it would have been better if Axel Teichmann had won, to keep up the interest of cross country skiing in Germany. Other than that, I think FIS has destroyed the 50 k race. It used to be all about extreme endurance and personal will with the interval start. The way it is currently, it is a long transport leg before the final sprint at the end. Quite boring, but I guess easier to understand for non-nordics...

^^ The first sentence above should of course have been "but I've heard that two in the German team (including Nystad, I guess) are speaking Norwegian". (And I guess a new paragraph would have helped afterwards!)

^^^^ And after reading myself up on Miriam, I have learnt that her mother is from Molde, which is not in Trøndelag, but located in the third county of the Mid-Norway region.....

Well.OK. What a ****!

Well.OK. What a ****about the moose...

Well.OK. What a ****!

lehari, in case you didn't know / notice:

1. Unless you are a premium member, itt is not possible to edit any messages in this forum
  2. If you write two messages in a row, they are concatinated together, hence the look of my previous message which in fact was three separate ones
  3. Trøndelag are two counties in Norway, located in the central part of the country:
    Trøndelag_map.png
  4. The mother of Miriam Gössner, who is a German biathlon skier, comes from Molde, a couple of hours drive from Trondheim in Møre og Romsdal county. Together with the Trøndelag counties, it makes up the Mid-Norway administrative region:
    map.gif
  5. Miriam Gõssner is cute!
    688px-Miriam_Gössner.JPG

End of argument...

Thanks, interesting!

In here semi-Molde dialect she said among other things that....

1. She wants to continue competing for Germany :(

2. That her appearance in cross country skiing was a one-off :(

Otherwise she seemed very charming :)