Rugby World Cup 2015...

Alex does sound like a boarder line racist….did you happen to vote national? lol :upside:

:( I resent my comments being criticised as racist.  I have studied Japanese history and what I have said rings true.  They are not the second most powerfull economy in the world because they are pacifists, they have a drive and detirmination that leaves most nations in the West found wanting.

As for Japan's multi-cultural aspects, virtually nonexsistant outside novelty aspects, even former colonials of Japan's ruthless Imperial ambitions (Korea) are looked down on.

As for placing Germany beside Japan...Germany has said over and over again that they are Sorry,  Japan wishes that word never existed.

And yes I do vote for multi-cultural free thinking National. :P

Firstly, yes, drive and dermination helped, but so did (as happened with Germany) America's realisation that a strong, industrial Japan was a better bulwark against Communisim than a weak, agrarian one.

Two, considering that after Hiroshima and Nagasaki they are about the most vocal exponent against nuclear arms, and with a pacifist constititution that made even sending peace-keppers a highly charged and emotional issue internally, I don't think Japanese militarism is something the world has to worry about again for a long, long time now, if ever.

Yes, they do strongly try to guard the purity of their culture. It's understandable, if not totally condonable, after all, outside the west they do have probably the most developed and refined culture of any nationality.

Every country has their brutal side. Britain, France, Spain et al didn't build their colonial empires on sweetness and goodwill _ no it was usually bloody force of arms and enslavement. And Aussies and Kiwis even have their own skeletons. I just think you go over the top when you never miss an opportunity to demonise Japan in otherwise quite innocent, sports-related threads.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alex does sound like a boarder line racist….did you happen to vote national? lol :upside:

:( I resent my comments being criticised as racist.  I have studied Japanese history and what I have said rings true.  They are not the second most powerfull economy in the world because they are pacifists, they have a drive and detirmination that leaves most nations in the West found wanting.

As for Japan's multi-cultural aspects, virtually nonexsistant outside novelty aspects, even former colonials of Japan's ruthless Imperial ambitions (Korea) are looked down on.

As for placing Germany beside Japan...Germany has said over and over again that they are Sorry,  Japan wishes that word never existed.

And yes I do vote for multi-cultural free thinking National. :P

Firstly, yes, drive and dermination helped, but so did (as happened with Germany) America's realisation that a strong, industrial Japan was a better bulwark against Communisim than a weak, agrarian one.

Two, considering that after Hiroshima and Nagasaki they are about the most vocal exponent against nuclear arms, and with a pacifist constititution that made even sending peace-keppers a highly charged and emotional issue internally, I don't think Japanese militarism is something the world has to worry about again for a long, long time now, if ever.

Yes, they do strongly try to guard the purity of their culture. It's understandable, if not totally condonable, after all, outside the west they do have probably the most developed and refined culture of any nationality.

Every country has their brutal side. Britain, France, Spain et al didn't build their colonial empires on sweetness and goodwill _ no it was usually bloody force of arms and enslavement. And Aussies and Kiwis even have their own skeletons. I just think you go over the top when you never miss an opportunity to demonise Japan in otherwise quite innocent, sports-related threads.

exactly

• 3 weeks later...
I always expected it would have to be shared bid.

Outside Croke and Lansdowne, what else could the Irish put up as well for venues?

It would be the logical thing to do.  Anyways if Glasgow wins the 2014 Commonwealth games, the whole bidding process will be up in the air so Ireland should take the lead if that happens.

Archived