Rugby World Cup 2015...

I think it will be Morocco's to lose.  Admittedly they arent a big rugby nation, but you know what?  Shut the he-ll up!

:angry: I thougth you said you were never coming back TNMP???

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly don't see Japan going for 2015.

I agree, the chances of Japan bidding for 2015 are slim. I don't see Japan wasting time and money on another bid.

A lot of people in Japanese sport will be feeling that they cannot win a bid against an established Rugby nation.

I also think that the 2011 result will dissuade other new frontier nations from bidding for the Rugby world cup.

I think 2015 will go to South Africa.

I wouldn't be surprised if England bid.

England 2015 bid? Unlikely........

England will be too busy concentrating on bidding for the 2018 FIFA world cup.

England didn't bid for 2011, because all efforts were being poured into the 2012 olympic bid.

I don't see England bidding for both the 2015 Rugby world cup and the 2018 FIFA world cup.

2018 is more important, and worth going for.

I'm not sure the RFU will be too concerned about the football bid. And the 2015 decision will be made three years before any decision about the football World Cup.

I really hope England don't bid for the 2015 Rugby world cup because:

1) An England 2015 Rugby world cup could decrease the chances of an England 2018 bid winning.

FIFA members might feel that England is already hosting too many events. eg the 2012 olympics and the 2015 rugby world cup.

2) If Japan bids again (unlikely), then no doubt they will win, given the amount of criticism the IRB has recieved for it's selection of NZ for 2011.

Why should Japan be selected at the expense of England, and the IRB dinosaurs finally deciding that they want to stop giving the tournaments to previous hosts.

This has already happened once with France being selected to host 2007 - a nation which hasn't previously hosted the tournament.

England does not deserve to be rejected for a new host again.

I really hope England don't bid for the 2015 Rugby world cup because:

1) An England 2015 Rugby world cup could decrease the chances of an England 2018 bid winning.

FIFA members might feel that England is already hosting too many events. eg the 2012 olympics and the 2015 rugby world cup.

:( Ahhh..yeah, forgot about FIFA,

They ARE known to not like the RWC as it slots in between FWC and SOG years.  They do take acception to any country hinting at vying for too many major sports events.

I'd rather see England get the 2018 FWC first and if they fail or succeed, the 2019 RWC.

(There is that natural animosity between the IRB and FIFA, hence the difficulty of playing Rugby on UEFA sanctioned grounds, remember the trouble it took for the England v NZ match to be hosted at Old Trafford?)

...And yes, England be able to host alone.

Why should Japan be selected at the expense of England, and the IRB dinosaurs finally deciding that they want to stop giving the tournaments to previous hosts.

This has already happened once with France being selected to host 2007 - a nation which hasn't previously hosted the tournament.

But the converse is why would a new host with a burgeoning Rugby culture deserve to be rejected in favour of a country that has already conducted two tournaments.

Anyway, going to France wasn't exactly taking Rugby to new frontiers _ in fact, it was about as new frontiers as NZ, in that both have hosted WC matches before, have competed strongly at those cups, have a strong Rugby tradition but had never hosted the cup in their own right before (and even then, France had top stitch up a sub-hosting deal with others to get it).

But the converse is why would a new host with a burgeoning Rugby culture deserve to be rejected in favour of a country that has already conducted two tournaments.

But England has never hosted the tournament as a stand-alone nation. Both 1991 and 1999 has matches dispersed through many countries. France and NZ will both be hosting the tournament soley in 2007 and 2011, despite having also hosted WC matches in the past.

It comes down to double standards, i guess.

The IRB rejected Japan for NZ- a country which has already hosted in the past, which had a less sophisticated and less technical bid, all on the basis of crowd numbers and attendances.

Given this fact, why reject a bid from England- a country which not only has a bid/ technology to match the Japanese, but also bigger stadiums compared to Japan, which will be filled easily during the tournament: Wembley (90,000), Twickenham 82,000, Old Trafford (76,000), Olympic stadium (80,000), Emirates Stadium (60,000), St James Park (52,000), New Liverpool Stadium (60,000) etc.....

6 nations matches and friendlies in England usually are watched in packed-out stadiums. If the IRB want huge crowds and attendance, then England is definetly the place to host the tournament.

If they rejected Japan on crowd numbers and enthusiasm for the game, then it would be very ironic and contradictory to reject England for Japan

France ...hosting the tournament soley in 2007 ...

It comes down to double standards, i guess.

Not!  France will be sharing games with Scotland, Ireland and Wales...Sould've been Italy.

As I have said, the NZ decision will always have this debarcal hanging over the IRB and It Will have an affect on the NZ public.  As the WRC approaches, people will start to say remember when everyone said "it should've been Japan".  Unlike Australians, Kiwis tend to hold on to things like that.

As the WRC approaches, people will start to say remember when everyone said "it should've been Japan".  Unlike Australians, Kiwis tend to hold on to things like that.

Depends really....on whether Japan (or another new frontier country) gets to host the 2015 RWC. The decision will have been made by 2009 probably.

If Japan (or a new frontier) gets 2015, then people will quickly forget about the 2011 scenario.

This is what has happened with regards to the FIFA world cup. Nobody has a problem anymore with Germany hosting 2006, because SA are hosting 2010.

This is what has happened with regards to the FIFA world cup. Nobody has a problem anymore with Germany hosting 2006, because SA are hosting 2010.

Well all the more reason for Japan and Argentina to bid for 2015!

:)

I think the Home unions are the key to this, as if it were to stay amongst the traditional power bases, it would their 'turn'.

Personally, I hope they do and then it can come back to England hosting alone in 2019.

:) Get the funny feeling a SANZAR, Frontier, Six Nations, Frontier...circut could be developed...

:) The best way to go, but lets hope we get frontier type nations that are serious about hosting.  In that case it would only be Japan, China, Romania, Croatia, Russia, US, Canada, Argentina, Uruaguay that could seriously put up a bid, which in some cases like Romania and Croatia, have to co-host.

:D I think it's time for one of those "Future Host Nations" threads to be started up for the Rugby World Cup!!

:angry: Then prehaps not!!!! keep  forgetting that they go off on a tangent sometimes!

Archived