GB Cauldron Design Competition!

The Trumpet

londoncauldron.jpg

Made entirely from a silver, reflective metal - much like Kapoor's recent sculpture at the Royal Academy - London's cauldron tower is like a giant trumpet. This symbolism will be reflected in the ceremonies with a fantastic Royal Fanfare fusing with more modern styles of music as hundreds of trumpeters play in unison inside the stadium, many within the crowd. As the final torchbearer comes into view the trumpeters play a fantastically loud discord, the stadium lights go off and a spotlight is focused on the athlete who will light the flame. He lights a ball of flame above his head which rises as though it's flying, trumpets still blaring, out of the stadium into the cauldron which lights. The stadium lights return and the evolving sound of the trumpets becomes harmonious, concordant and brilliant. The party atmosphere restarts.

The reflective surface of the tower means the lighting around it can be stunning and organisers have set up a series of lights which make the whole cauldron glow in a tinge of either orange, pink, green or blue during the night - the colours of London 2012. During the day the parklands and the surroundings reflect into the cauldron and visitors are seen posing in front of it to see themselves and their friends reflected in London's tower.

SmallAaronVuvu.jpg

I had a very very bussy week too. But I have the intention to put something (a previous idea of mine) forward as I promised in 24 hours. I hope that will not cause any problems. If it isn't accepted because of the already ended deadline, i still will create my idea, so for the archive then.

Regards

fatih civelek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suggest we can have a poll

so we can finalize it ..

if we don't all this energy putted forward will be for nothing ..

TNMP .. make a poll directly and put the cauldron desings all under each other in one message.

So meanwhile all the members who are visiting the 2020 GB bid comp will also see this topic.

Give it a start ..

Best regards

fatixxx

• 1 year later...

Archived