Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

Rob's Live Blog

Yes - it's about time.

I'll try to keep this blog up-to-date from my iPhone so please excuse the abbreviations and typos.

But... I will start tomorrow.

Some bid-related stuff; met with John Killoran last night, head of the Reno-Tahoe Winter Games coalition (Reno Taho 2022). It seems it's full steam ahead and the USOC is behind a 2022 bid. He has a team on the ground for the Games and plans to observe the Paralympics too.

Going to see some hockey today and victory ceremonies.

More from my iphone later.

Live blogging from the SUI - BLR hockey game, 1-0 BLR early. The screening process for the general public is brutal, lots of stairs.

Unfortunately lots of empty seats here. I guess they will fill for the can-germany game.

Heading to Cypress for ladies aerials - and watching Canada - Russia hockey on iPhone. 4-1!

The victory ceremonies last night were electric for Canada. But at the ceremonies all athletes get so much support.

Handover ceremony teaser... The theme will be Sochi.ru "zorbs". Zorbs are spheres that reflect the Sochi universe. There will be audience interaction.

It's the final day of the Games. First I will be at the gold medal hocket game then, the closing ceremonies.

I managed to find time to talk to the leaders of all three 2018 Winter Games bids including Jin Sun Kim, Edgar Grospiron and Willy Bogner - and I'll be reporting on all of that next week. The race should be interesting.

The German's and Korean's are having great Games, it will be interesting to see if that factors in.

I also have my own personal Sochi Zorb (a picture is at the Twitter link below). We'll see what that's all about at the handover ceremony.

Sign in to follow this