Can Team USA Make History?

This city will riot if you guys win hockey, and I'm not kidding.

Get ready to riot :D

I think the US will be on top of the medal table, but hey I am a homer, so my opinion is biased!

But there are still 6 days left. Anything can happen. I think this is an excellent chance for Team USA to take the Winter Game world by surprise though, and hopefully will make the best of it.

Hey mr. x, long time no see fella. Btw, if your city does riot, it better not put my town's 1992 rendition to shame.

As I type, USA has 26 medals (7 Gold, 9 Silver, 10 Bronze). If you've read my other thread posted in this Forum "USA Medal Prospects" I projected 25 medals for the U.S.. They have already bested that with 6 days to go yet. They have exceeded expectations except, perhaps, having underperformed by 1-2 Golds so far overall. (I projected them for 10 Golds, doesn't look too likely. Canada should win the most Golds over USA and Germany in the end.)

Looking at the final events schedule over the last 6 days, there is a slight possibility the U.S. could match the 34 medals won in Salt Lake City, perhaps surpassing it. Our strongest events for the most part are behind us, but I could see us winning anywhere from 7-10 medals in the following:

Freestyle Skiing-Men's Aerials (Kushnir missed the cut and St. Onge and Peterson are certainly threats to the podium)

Hockey-Women's (guaranteed medal)

Hockey-Men's (has performed much better than expected. Looking good for medal round)

Short Track Events-4 events remain (2 relays and Ohno 500m & Reutter in 1000m)

Alpine Skiing-Men's Slalom (U.S. Skiiers posted 3 top times in combined a few days ago)

Bobsled-Women's (either USA-1 or USA--2 sled could threaten for a medal)

Bobsled-Men's 4-Man (USA-1 sled strong contender for medal)

Nordic Combined-Large Hill (USA has won Silver in both Nordic Combi events so far)

Speedskating-Men's Team Pursuit (Canada and Italy have largely underperformed in Men's speedskating events, USA could sneak up and medal in this event)

The Americans will have a rough time getting by the Finns with the way they played against Switzerland.

The women's gold is a toss up the Canadian women haven't lost to them since the world championships. Hopefully the trend continues :P. But I wouldn't be surprised either way.

We beat the Germans by a touchdown.

NBC's Today show this morning reported that after today, the U.S. will have won more medals than any other country in any Olympic Winter Games in history.

One better than Germany at the Salt Lake 2002 Games.