Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

It was obvious that Saudi Arabia will qualify when they are in the same group with Bahrein and North Korea...

And Baron, com'on! The triumphs in Korea/Japan weren't anything surprisly when you are in a grupo with Poland  ??? Portugal  ??? and South Korea  ???

And I think you totally forgot the awesome US team of 1998, when they ended in the 32th place of the WC (losing against Iran!) and that in 1994 they were the worst hosters in the history (14th place, the second worst is the 12th place of Spain 1992 and third is the 9th place of Japan in 2002)... I know that you are progressing but saying that you are the new leaders... ja! I want to see the progress of the USA in Munich and Leipzig against England, Brazil, Germany and Argentina... and only if you get a place over the 10th I can say that US is a good team... if don't, 2002 WC was just luck.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, if it's time to start dredging up the history of WC performances -- gee, where was Chile in 2002?  Oops, it wasn't even in the tournament.  :sniffle:

Oh, so sorry Kratk, not that I noticed in the first place.

You're an idiot baron, when the USA beats Brazil then call me because I will congratule you :wwww:  

Oh today on the news has been said that the USA has 30 million poor people and most of them are white, the 10 percent of the population and of coure, you are a very very very developed country... :upside:  :sleepy: How can you hold a WC? :P

OK, if it's time to start dredging up the history of WC performances -- gee, where was Chile in 2002?  Oops, it wasn't even in the tournament.  :sniffle:

Oh, so sorry Kratk, not that I noticed in the first place.

You're an idiot baron, when the USA beats Brazil then call me because I will congratule you

Oh today on the news has been said that the USA has 30 million poor people and most of them are white, the 10 percent of the population and of coure, you are a very very very developed country... :upside: How can you hold a WC? :P

You are an EVEN bigger tonto, M.  :P

The poor citizens of the US have always been there -- thru LA-1984, WC 1994, thru Atlanta '96, thru Womens' WC 1999 and 2003, thru Salt Lake City 2002.  It is NOT -- and you're pretty dumb if you DON'T understand this -- the USOC nor the various Organizing Committees' responsiblity to feed nor clothe them because the Games/Sports Events are staged WITH PRIVATE MONIES!! They have nothing to do with Social Services, the poor, etc.  It's not like one is connected to the other.  

Oh, and did Spain cure ALL of its social ills through Espana '82 and Barcelona and Sevilla 92?  I don't think so.

But since you didn't make that correlation from the start, then you ARE dumb from square one. If anything, many underprivileged children were given a lot of free ringside seats in LA, Atlanta, Slat Lake and the various World Cups -- which experience they would NOT have had were it not for the generosity of the Org. Committees. But see, that is a fact that is not widely trumpeted to the world.  That is just done quietly without any publicity.

It's really a shame Spain will be putting a totally tactless knucklehead like you in its foreign service.   :down:

Oh, and did Spain cure ALL of its social ills through Espana '82 and Barcelona and Sevilla 92?  I don't think so.

Spain has a good Social Service that pays all the medical cures of the Spanish and the inmigrants, the inmigrants can go to an office of the Social Service and they are given a normal house, not like in Paris or the USA, will you built a wall like Israle in the Mexican frontier? :oh:

It was obvious that Saudi Arabia will qualify when they are in the same group with Bahrein and North Korea...

And Baron, com'on! The triumphs in Korea/Japan weren't anything surprisly when you are in a grupo with Poland  ??? Portugal  ??? and South Korea  ???

And I think you totally forgot the awesome US team of 1998, when they ended in the 32th place of the WC (losing against Iran!) and that in 1994 they were the worst hosters in the history (14th place, the second worst is the 12th place of Spain 1992 and third is the 9th place of Japan in 2002)... I know that you are progressing but saying that you are the new leaders... ja! I want to see the progress of the USA in Munich and Leipzig against England, Brazil, Germany and Argentina... and only if you get a place over the 10th I can say that US is a good team... if don't, 2002 WC was just luck.

Well, perhaps, but even the USA did what every host nation of the World Cup has done so far since its inception in 1930: go past the first round of the tournament being held on home soil. It will be interesting to find out how the South Africans will continue to do that in 2010. As for the Germans next year, I will be very shocked if they don't go past the first round of matches there.

What about France ('98 host) and Argentina -- two of your so-called traditional "powers"?

France is never been a "very" traditional football power (except Platini parenthesis).. until 1998 (world home-champion) and 2000 (euro champion)..

in these cases it had a great team and so much luck..

..and now the decline..

:rolleyes:

What about France ('98 host) and Argentina -- two of your so-called traditional "powers"?

France is never been a "very" traditional football power (except Platini parenthesis).. until 1998 (world home-champion) and 2000 (euro champion)..

..and now the decline..

Picky.  Petty.  I just knew one of you was going to have to insert your nose in that.

Well, as you said, from 1998 - 2000, France was a formidable team -- and of course, if France had a longer run, you Euros would've said that...well, France, is in Europe so it must be good... or something ridiculous to that effect.  :rolleyes:

Rei - nitpicky; petty.

..and now the decline..

Picky.  Petty.  I just knew one of you was going to have to insert your nose in that.

Well, as you said, from 1998 - 2000, France was a formidable team -- and of course, if France had a longer run, you Euros would've said that...well, France, is in Europe so it must be good... or something ridiculous to that effect.  :rolleyes:

Rei - nitpicky; petty.

only pointless chats!

We Europeans will always win 'cause we are simply the great and you have to content yourself with crumbs..

that's enough!  :P

Hey Baron, just calm down...

Chile didn't qualify to 2002 because after we won Brazil (yes... it was true... 3-0 in Est. Nacional Santiago... one of the most exciting moments of my entire life) we lost ALL the other games (even against Venezuela in the same Est. Nacional)... At the last games, there were playing members of the Second Division and we ended in the last place of the CONMEBOL competition... Shameful.

BUUUT... We also get the 3rd place of 1962, the 5th place of 1930 and the 16th place of 1998, the same that you get the last place. Anyway, we know that we are countries in the second line (we aren't Brazil, Argentina or England) and we aren't saying that we are the best team in the world because we won two or three matches.

Chile isn't the worst team of Southamerica because we lost the 2002 WC competition, and we couldn't imagine that Argentina isn't one of the best teams in the world because they didn't pass to second round in 2002 or the same with France. And we shouldn't said that US, Senegal, South Korea or Turkey are the leaders of the actual football just because they won five matches in a row...

the 16th place of 1998, the same that you get the last place.

yeah, misery loves company, kratk.  

Well, if you like to wallow in the bottom, then that's your choice... :wink:

You're an idiot old man (viejo chocoin Spanish :P ) and that's all :suspect: THE USA WON'T FINISH SECOND, THIRD OR FOUR IN A WORLD CUP IN ALL MY LIFE :;):  :sleepy:

You're an idiot old man (viejo chocoin Spanish :P ) and that's all :suspect: THE USA WON'T FINISH SECOND, THIRD OR FOUR IN A WORLD CUP IN ALL MY LIFE :;):  :sleepy:

I think the USA reached the semi-finals in 1930, but that wasn't in your lifetime!

It is my belief that if the USA had to qualify through European groups (rather than CONCAF), they wouldn't even make it to the world cup finals, forget winning the competition or finishing 2nd, 3rd etc....

The only reason the USA is able to send a team to the world cup is because they have to qualify through CONACAF, which consists of weak sides like Panama, El Salvador, Hondurus, St Kitts etc. The only decent/ credible football team in that group is Mexico.

If the USA had to play teams like France, Holland, Germany, Spain, England, Denmark, Italy, Sweden, Czech republic, they would be easily defeated every time. There is no way the USA would be able to qualify through a European group. The USA would stand no chance, not even in the play off's.

The only recent credible victory that the USA achieved againt a European team was beating Portugal in the 2002 world cup. Could they keep that up and beat France, Italy, Germany, England, Sweden frequently? I think not......

Neither wil Spain  :D

Well, if you like to wallow in the bottom, then that's your choice...

You're an idiot old man (viejo chocoin Spanish :P ) and that's all :suspect: THE USA WON'T FINISH SECOND, THIRD OR FOUR IN A WORLD CUP IN ALL MY LIFE

Neither wil Spain  :D

Sad...but true sleepy.gif.

To go back to the subject of the 2006 world cup:

Fifa will use goal-line technology at the 2006 World Cup in Germany if a trial run at the Under-17 World Championships in Peru proves a success.

About time too! Here's a link.

Hopefully it will stop goals like this from not being given!!

carrollmistake23ub.gif

And yes, I still have a chip on my shoulder about the goal that never was!

:angry:

What do you think of this idea?

Good.  After all the testing, it should be ready for USA 2018!   :laughlong:

:unclesam:

for this year Usa will lost all its political power in favour of higher capable host nation like India or Russia..  :D

I think the USA reached the semi-finals in 1930, but that wasn't in your lifetime!

It is my belief that if the USA had to qualify through European groups (rather than CONCAF), they wouldn't even make it to the world cup finals, forget winning the competition or finishing 2nd, 3rd etc....

The only reason the USA is able to send a team to the world cup is because they have to qualify through CONACAF, which consists of weak sides like Panama, El Salvador, Hondurus, St Kitts etc. The only decent/ credible football team in that group is Mexico.

If the USA had to play teams like France, Holland, Germany, Spain, England, Denmark, Italy, Sweden, Czech republic, they would be easily defeated every time. There is no way the USA would be able to qualify through a European group. The USA would stand no chance, not even in the play off's.

The only recent credible victory that the USA achieved againt a European team was beating Portugal in the 2002 world cup. Could they keep that up and beat France, Italy, Germany, England, Sweden frequently? I think not......

I believe you are wrong.  The USA might not win a group, but I think they could qualify.  It would obviously be more difficult than CONCACAF, but your disregard for USA's ability is remarkable.  I know you guys think we suck and I guess we'll again have to prove ourselves again in 2006 like we did in 2002.

I believe you are wrong.  The USA might not win a group, but I think they could qualify.  It would obviously be more difficult than CONCACAF, but your disregard for USA's ability is remarkable.  I know you guys think we suck and I guess we'll again have to prove ourselves again in 2006 like we did in 2002.

You only qualify to the WC because the other teams are very bad, only for that... If the USA were in Europe then you weren't qualified for any WC :upside:

Archived