Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

I just came across this. It's a World Cup Simulator. I wouldn't take it seriously but its interesting to look at these simulators and see how accurate they can really be.

http://yalma.fime.uanl.mx/~futmex-l/Simulator/

The overall statistics produced are:

Group A

1.Germany

2.Poland

3.Costa Rica

4.Ecuador

Group B

1.England

2.Paraguay

3.Sweden

4.Trinidad & Tobago

Group C

1.Netherlands

2.Argentina

3.Serbia-Montenegro

4.Cote D'Ivoire

Group D

1.Mexico

2.Portugal

3.Angola

4.Iran

Group E

1.Italy

2.Ghana

3.Czech Republic

4.USA

Group F

1.Brazil

2.Croatia

3.Japan

4.Australia

Group G

1.France

2.Korea Republic

3.Switzerland

4.Togo

Group H

1.Spain

2.Ukraine

3.Tunisia

4.Saudi Arabia

Top 5 Teams that made the most semi-final appearances in the simulation:

1.Brazil 10

2.Italy 9

2.Netherlands 9

4.England 8

4.Germany 8

Which team won the most finals:

Argentina 4

Italy 3

Netherlands 3

Brazil 2

England 2

Germany 2

Poland 2

France 1

Korea Rep. 1

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those simulations sucked!!! xD

In France 98, only two times of 50, France was predicted as the Champion.

And in Korea Japan 2002, France was the favourite for the trophy.

Latest matches:

May 25th:

Melbourne, AUS: AUSTRALIA 1-0 GREECE

Gothenburg, SWE: SWEDEN 0-0 FINLAND

May 26th:

Seoul, KOR: SOUTH KOREA 2-0 BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA

Cleveland, USA: UNITED STATES 2-0 VENEZUELA

Chicago, USA: ROMANIA 2-0 NORTHERN IRELAND

Bochum, GER: TURKEY 1-1 GHANA

Innsbruck, AUT: SAUDI ARABIA 0-2 CZECH REPUBLIC

May 27th

Alternkirchen, GER: GEORGIA 2-3 NEW ZEALAND

Freiburg, GER: GERMANY 7-0 LUXEMBOURG

Belgrade, SCG: SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO 1-1 URUGUAY

Chicago, USA: ROMANIA 0-0 COLOMBIA

Basel, SUI: SWITZERLAND 1-1 COTE D'IVOIRE

Graz, AUT: WALES 2-1 TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

Aarhus, DEN: DENMARK 1-1 PARAGUAY

Evora, POR: PORTUGAL 4-1 CAPE VERDE

Albacete, ESP: SPAIN 0-0 RUSSIA

SaintDenis, FRA: FRANCE 1-0 MEXICO

Rotterdam, NED: NETHERLANDS 1-0 CAMEROON

May 28th

Osijek, CRO: CROATIA 2-2 IRAN

Hartford, USA: UNITED STATES 1-0 LATVIA

Paris, FRA: MOROCCO 0-1 MALI

Madrid, ESP: MACEDONIA 2-1 SPAIN

Kiev, UKR: UKRAINE 4-0 COSTA RICA

Hamburg, GER: TURKEY 1-1 ESTONIA

May 29th

Leicester, ENG: JAMAICA 1-4 GHANA

May30th

Jablonec, CZE: CZECH REPUBLIC 1-0 COSTA RICA

Chorzów, POL: POLAND 1-2 COLOMBIA

Leverkusen, GER: GERMANY vs. JAPAN

Manchester, ENG: ENGLAND vs. HUNGARY

Salerno, ITA: ARGENTINA vs. ANGOLA

Vittel, FRA: CHILE vs. COTE D'IVOIRE

Tunis, TUN: LIBYA vs. URUGUAY

Tunis, TUN: TUNISIA vs. BELARUS

ARGENTINA 2 - 0 ANGOLA

Chile 1 - 1 IVORY COAST

CZECH REPUBLIC 1 - 1 COSTA RICO

ENGLAND 3 - 1 Hungary

GERMANY 2 - 2 JAPAN

Libya 1 - 2 Uruguay

POLAND 1 - 2 Colombia

TUNISIA 3 - 0 Belarus

(WORLD CUP TEAMS - Teams that didn't qualify)

Those simulations sucked!!! xD

In France 98, only two times of 50, France was predicted as the Champion.

And in Korea Japan 2002, France was the favourite for the trophy.

That's why I said I wouldn't take it seriously.

Madrid, ESP: MACEDONIA 2-1 SPAIN

Spain didn't play this match... it was Ecuador ;) Our next rival will be Egypt.

PS. After the last matches I think the biggest teams to win the title are Germany, England and Argentina.

I think the results of these friendly matches should be taken with a pinch of salt - all the teams that have qualified for Germany will be experimenting by playing different players in different positions etc... so they are not really an accurate forecast of how well a team is playing or will play in Germany.

Well Australia is on track with a 1:0 result against the European Champions Greece in last nights friendly.

Beware of Australia - I still predict we will draw or win against Brazil in the Group matches and then everyone will stand up and realise how "under-achieving" Australia has been for the last 32 years (or how difficult it was made for Australia to make the 32 teams with the crazy qualification process we have had to endure)

And Espana will choke as they do in every World Cup!

La Liga owes its world class to its foreign players, otherwise it would be on a par with the MLS! :lol:

And Espana will choke as they do in every World Cup!

La Liga owes its world class to its foreign players, otherwise it would be on a par with the MLS! :lol:

claro,claro,son mucho mejores las ligas de EEUU o Puerto Rico,no te jode,por eso dos equipos españoles han ganado la Champions League y la UEFA Cup este año...

¿porque tienes esa obsesión enfermiza con España? ¿un novio español te dejó tirada?

superalo y vive con ello

This has probably been talked about before, but who else finds the stadiums to be wanting? They are (except maybe Dortmund and Munich) not up to what Korea and Japan provided in 2002, and to some extent even what Portugal offered up in 2004. I found most of the stadiums to be lacking in interest, design and creativity. There is no interest, no symbolize, no interesting connections to their surroundings and no innovation for these stadiums on the whole.

The stadiums in Neurenberg and Kaiserslautern look kind of crappy. The latter will be loved by fans for it steeps stands close to the pitch though. The other stadiums seem perfectly fine to me.

Neurenberg = Nürnberg / Nuremberg

World Cup is about football (soccer) not about the Stadiums, The Korea-Japan thing was a big challenge and will be a big challenge for everycoutnry who intends to host the tournament, INSTEAD of that, germany stadiums are more usefull thatn the korea ones..they all have activity before the cup, and they belong to professional high class clubs, your complain about the desing is that we want more challenge desings but its not ok.

German stadiums are Ok.

World Cup is about football (soccer) not about the Stadiums, The Korea-Japan thing was a big challenge and will be a big challenge for everycoutnry who intends to host the tournament, INSTEAD of that, germany stadiums are more usefull thatn the korea ones..they all have activity before the cup, and they belong to professional high class clubs, your complain about the desing is that we want more challenge desings but its not ok.

German stadiums are Ok.

I agree. It'd be the same in any established footballing nation. Many of England's stadiums don't have a wow factor that a whole set of new ones would. What they do have is history and, they are already here.

Exactly. I saw a piece the other day saying the stadium where Brazil beat England in the 2002 quarter-final is losing millions of pounds in public money every year. At least the stadia that Germany have built are going to be used after July 9th.

Exactly. I saw a piece the other day saying the stadium where Brazil beat England in the 2002 quarter-final is losing millions of pounds in public money every year. At least the stadia that Germany have built are going to be used after July 9th.

yeah, also considering that the german premier league is one of the greatest in Europe.. no comparison with korean league (if they have it)

CZECH REPUBLIC 3 - 0 TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

ENGLAND 6 - 0 Jamaica

Luxembourg 0 - 3 PORTUGAL

POLAND 1 - 0 CROATIA

SPAIN 2 - 0 Egypt

SWITZERLAND 4 - 1 China

(WORLD CUP FINALISTS - Teams that didn't Qualify)

The Netherlands - Australia ended in a disappointing 1-1 this afternoon. We didn't play well but still should have scored at least three goals. However, Schwarzer had a very good game and Australia capitalized one of their two chances.

Brazil's superstars might have to watch out. Those Ozzies kick at everything that moves (excluding the ball that is), seemingly seriously injuring 3 of our players.

Archived