Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

Just had a look at the groups. The teams which should easily qualify from their groups IMHO are Portugal, France, Italy, England, Spain and Sweden. If any of these teams don't qualify it'll be a big shock. Out of these teams I think France have the biggest threat in Ireland, and England have a few tricky rivalries.

The remaining groups:

Group 1: Czech Republic  Netherlands  Romania.

I'll go for the Czechs. Holand aren't good at qualification.

Group 2: Turkey  Denmark  Greece

I'm going for the Turks.

Two automatic for second place, Netherlands and Denmark.

Three hopefully going through the playoffs, Ireland, Wales and Scotland!

TEAMS WHICH QUALIFY:

Czech Republic, Turkey, Portugal, France, Italy, England, Spain, Sweden.

Netherlands, Denmark.

Ireland, Wales, Scotland

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres no bloody way that wales or scotland will qualify before Croatia or Belgium

I am happy to see an international event in Germany its about bloody time it will be 14 years since unifitcation, and another 34 since Munich i think its shameful that the richest, and msot powerful country in europe has only hosted one major international events since rebirth in 1946. (and yes Germany is the richest and most power country in Europe, largest and most prosporoues country in europe)

France is also not a lock for qualification with a weakened team and Switzerland perparing for the euro in 2008 i think that both Ireland and Switzerland could easily talk France out

England needs to be scared of Poland and Austria aswell

Norway could be a threat to Italy and so could Slovenia

Belgium and Serbia could take a run at a weakened Spain and an under achiever

and Netherlands and Czech Republic could be thrown out by a hungry romania

remember there are always darkhourses

Serbia, Switzerland, Austria and Romania could all be surprises just like Bulgaria, Latvia, Switzerland, and Greece were with the euro

I know that there will be dark horses. But it will still be a big shock if any of the teams I mentioned go out!

Maybe I shouldn't have said "these teams will qualify easliy". What I meant was, these are the strong favourites. My predictions for the group winners are pretty conservative and there will probably be at least one favourite who is beaten into second place as this always happens in qualifiction. But it could be any of these teams and I'm not willing to stick my neck out and say which one.  

theres no bloody way that wales or scotland will qualify before Croatia or Belgium

Calm down! I did put the three HOPEFULLY going through the playoffs. This wasn't so much a prediction as a wish.

As an aside. I bet you're glad Germany haven't got to qualify this time round though. If there is any big team looking decidedly wobbly at the moment, it is the team belonging to the 'richest, most powerful and prosperous country in Europe'  

:D

cough Italy cough

France, isn't going to look to good same with Portugal, Spain and England with retirements and aging players Germany is a young team and were in a very hard group at the euro, with two teams wanting to prove something, Germany needs a coach that knows how to coach players into putting the ball behind the keeper not one that keeps them trying to keep the ball infront of there keeper

Germany is a young team and were in a very hard group at the euro, with two teams wanting to prove something

Oh, I see. That'd be why Germany could only draw 0-0 with Latvia, lose to the Czech Republic's reserve team and scrape a lucky draw against the Dutch then? OK, glad we've cleared that one up.

I would have thought that, after Germany's performance in the last European Championship, and many people claiming Germany had an easy route the world cup final, Germany would have been the team with the most to prove in Group D. I'm afraid that the only thing Germany have proved is they are not the footballing force they once were.

The order "the big six" finsihed in Euro 2004:

Holland, England, France, Italy, Spain, Germany

Italy just did well at the under 21 european championship

lucky draw against netherlands hahahah, germany was controlling play for almost the entire game, and has leading 1-0

Germany is also going to be infront of its home fans that means a lot to a country that is actually good at footbal, france winning, south korea semi's, japan quarters, italy third so that will help Germany and with a new coach hopefully germany can break the defence-minded game they have played for so long.

Germany has a lot of young talent coming up and i think that everyone is underestimating the Germans

lucky draw against netherlands hahahah, germany was controlling play for almost the entire game, and has leading 1-0
He didn't mean to score from there! The goal was lucky. Anyway, it is the result that counts. England's performance against France proved that!  :cry:  
Germany is also going to be infront of its home fans that means a lot to a country that is actually good at footbal

That should certainly spur you on. Dare I say, you might need it based on recent showings!

Germany has a lot of young talent coming up and i think that everyone is underestimating the Germans

I guess we'll find out in two years, but the reason the Germans are being underestimated, if, indeed they are, is because of their past performances. But, if there is one thing my module in the philosphy of science has taught me, it is that you can't prove things by induction and what has happened in the past. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It is a shame you have no proper matches for two years so people can see the form the German team is in. I suppose that could be an advantage for you (but only if you possess the young talent you claim to have).

Portugal seemed ok with no proper matches, though it might help Germany because the nerves want matter as much as if the games ment something. i hope that Germany does well but i think Argentina will be the threat from South America, USA from Concacaf Japan from Asia, and then Cameroon from Africa with of course Germany, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, Sweden, Denmark. i hope if not germany it is a country like croatia, sweden and denmark and if not them hopefully some one from concacaf, africa, or asia

since euro 2004 was a big shock i would like to see either a european or african side win the world cup. not germany, france or portugal though. cameroon, nigeria, england, scotland!!!!!!, russia, greece!!!!, turkey, holland and even south africa to get entusiam into there campaign much like when germany reached the final. come on do u think germany were the second best team in that tournament!?!?!?!?

england were good but we got brazil early, if we would have beaten brazil we would have stuffed the germans.

come visit my website it is all about the germany 2006 world cup

world cup 2006!!!!

Mmmm... Maybe my comment doesn't like to a lot of people... I don't like the idea of an "strange" winner... I prefer a country with footballistic tradition (Brazil, Argentina, England, Germany, Italy, Spain)... I don't like the idea of give the trophey to a country which never was in the principal places in last cups. Greece only played in 1994 and was the last place... I can't believe Greece won the 2006 WC. OK... Third or Second... But not first...

Canada 2006 World Cup Champions, we can dream can't we. I Hope that the winner is Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Croatia, Belgium, Senagel, or Chile, and Canada if we make it not likely though.

That will bring major shockwaves across the soccer world for years to come, if that would to happen. Given that Canada is ony ranked in 90th. place, I think, it would be a huge upset.

Of course we can dream... I dream Chile win the WC, but I don't think that came true (Chile didn't win the WC in 1962 here and in 1998 we was 16th when in the ranking FIFA we were 6th)

But I think they could be surprises. Canada? I don't know really about football in Canada, so I can't imagine. I think it's a good candidate to go to Germany from the CONCACAF, but I don't know if they can do a good work in the WC...

Of course we can dream... I dream Chile win the WC, but I don't think that came true (Chile didn't win the WC in 1962 here and in 1998 we was 16th when in the ranking FIFA we were 6th)

But I think they could be surprises. Canada? I don't know really about football in Canada, so I can't imagine. I think it's a good candidate to go to Germany from the CONCACAF, but I don't know if they can do a good work in the WC...

Canada needs to have its men's team to really step up. Unfortunately, the coach that help them so far to reach that plateau left for "greener pastures." In fact, I don't even know who is the current men's national team coach right now.

I wouldn't rule out Greece topping this group-  the 2004 European champions, remember.

I actually think Greece will struggle in that group. Turkey were expected to qualify for the Euros but blew it and lost in the play offs to Lativia (I think). They will be expecting to qualify for the world cup and will pull out all the stops to make sure they do.

Also, a WC qualification campagin is almost two years. I'm not sure Greece will be able to maintain their current form over such a long period and without a few weeks prior to the matches for the team to gel.

We'll see soon enough.

its gonna be the usual faces at the wc i think.

europe: Czech Republic, Denmark (cause of euro 2004, i think their play some nice footie), Portugal, Ireland (Dont think france have it in them any more), Scotland (italy were poor in euro and scotland have a good youth prospect with players like marshall and kennedy), England, Spain (another great performance in euro i felt there were one of the few that played nice footie), Sweden. in the playoffs if there dont meet, Wales, France, Italy and Turkey.

Africa: Senegal, SA, Cameroon, Nigeria and Tunisia

N. America (and caribbean): USA, Mexico, Canada and Costa Rica (beating Uzbekistan in playoff)

South America: Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Chile and Venuzela (beating Australia in playoff (there r on good form))

Asia: Japan, South Korea, China, Jordan, Saudi Araba and Bahrian

Final: Germany V England

England to win 4-2 again!!!

germany only getting there cause of being at home (much like portugal!!!)

o/j

final: England V Germany

2-2 England win 6-5 on penalties

I wouldn't rule out Greece topping this group-  the 2004 European champions, remember.

I actually think Greece will struggle in that group. Turkey were expected to qualify for the Euros but blew it and lost in the play offs to Lativia (I think). They will be expecting to qualify for the world cup and will pull out all the stops to make sure they do.

Also, a WC qualification campagin is almost two years. I'm not sure Greece will be able to maintain their current form over such a long period and without a few weeks prior to the matches for the team to gel.

We'll see soon enough.

One thing is for certain though- from now on Greece will be the team to beat.

Every team will want to play them and try and beat them.

Archived