Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a rather quirky TV news article from the BBC I heard. What in the world has security for Germany 2006 had to do with "trafficking women?" I don't want to know.  :suspect:

That was a rather quirky TV news article from the BBC I heard. What in the world has security for Germany 2006 had to do with "trafficking women?" I don't want to know.  :suspect:

I visited Uefa-Cup match Schalke vs. Espanyol (Worldcup-Stadium Gelsenkirchen) this week, announcements were given in german and spanish.

England have launched their new away kit - the star above the emblem looks really lonely on its own, I think it's about time it had a friend!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/p...ies/4754528.stm

:kungfu:

I think it's bad news for the English game

We're not creative enough, and we're not positive enough

It's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming

Football's coming home...

(We'll go on getting bad results, getting bad results..)

It's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming

Football's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming

Football's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming

Football's coming home

Everyone seems to know the score

They've seen it all before

They just know

They're so sure

That England's Gonna throw it away

Gonna blow it away

But I know they can play

'Cause I remember...

Three Lions on a shirt

Jules Rimet still gleaming

Thirty years of hurt

Never stopped me dreaming

So many jokes, so many sneers

But all those oh-so-nears

Wear you down

Through the years

But I still see that tackle by Moore

And when Lineker scored

Bobby belting the ball

And Nobby Dancing

Three Lions on a shirt

Thirty years of hurt

(England have done it, in the last minute of extra time)

(What a save, good old England, England who couldn't play football, England have got it in the bag )

I know that was then

But it could be again

It's coming home

It's coming

Football's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming

Football's coming home

(England have done it)

It's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming

Football's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming

Football's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming home

It's coming

Football's coming home

Three Lions on a shirt

Thirty years of hurt

I just love this song

I just love this song

Football songs are usually notoriously bad - but this one is one of the better ones I suppose - certainly better than John Barnes' attempts at rap for the Italia '90 World Cup song!  

Didn't the German team use the Village People for one of their musical attempts?

I just love this song

Football songs are usually notoriously bad - but this one is one of the better ones I suppose - certainly better than John Barnes' attempts at rap for the Italia '90 World Cup song!  

Didn't the German team use the Village People for one of their musical attempts?

"Official" German Football songs:

1998 - Anna-Maria Kaufmann & Ex-Europe-singer Joey Tempest: Running with a Dream

1994 - Village People & German National Football Team: Far away in America

1990 - Udo Jürgens & German National Football Team:Sempre Roma

1986 - Peter Alexander & German National Football Team: Mexico, mi amor

1982 - Michael Schanze & German National Football Team: Ole Espana

1978 - Udo Jürgens & German National Football Team: Buenos Dias, Argentina

1974 - Frank Schöbel (& National Team of the German Democratic Republic): Ja, der Fussball ist so rund wie die Welt (Yeah, the football is round like the world)

1974 - Jack White & German National Football Team: Fussball ist unser Leben (Football is our life)

The most successful songs were "Fussball ist unser Leben" and " Buenos Dias Argentina"...

"Unofficial" German Football songs:

2002 - Love United: Live For Love United

1990 - Die Toten Hosen: Azzuro

1990 - Gianna Nannini & Eduardo Bennato: Un estate italiana

European Championship 2004 - Nickelback: See you at the Show

European Championship 2000 - Bon Jovi: It’s my Life

European Championship 1996 - Baddiel & Skinner & The Lightning Seeds: Three Lions

sorry CAF

no problem

by the way: who is Jules Rimet?

Jules Rimet was the World Cup trophy before the present one - that's why it's gleaming.  I think it was kept by Brazil in 1970 after they'd won their millionth World Cup tournament.  Jules Rimet himself was the president of Fifa - I don't know where he was from though.

Oh God Help Us!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4770012.stm

:shocked:

HAHA!

John Barnes' Football Night is one of the funniest programmes - he can't present to save his life! It's sooo bad it's good!

sorry CAF

no problem

by the way: who is Jules Rimet?

Jules Rimet was the World Cup trophy before the present one - that's why it's gleaming.  I think it was kept by Brazil in 1970 after they'd won their millionth World Cup tournament.  Jules Rimet himself was the president of Fifa - I don't know where he was from though.

Jules Rimet was French if I'm not mistaken.

Jules Rimet (yes, he was French) was one of the founder of the FIFA and the creator of the Football World Cup. He was President of FIFA from 1921 to 1954. In his honour, the tournament and the trophy was called Jules Rimet until Brazil get the cup in 1970.

Oh God Help Us!!!

Barnes' rap made World In Motion the classic it is. I have hope.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering what will happen with the SCG team if the Montenegrim independence referendum is approved in May... Maybe just Serbia... or maybe an special "Team of the Serbians and the Montenegrims" (just like the "Team of Czech of Slovaks" for the WC 94 qualifications in 1991/2)... or they will quit of the World Cup?

I was wondering what will happen with the SCG team if the Montenegrim independence referendum is approved in May... Maybe just Serbia... or maybe an special "Team of the Serbians and the Montenegrims" (just like the "Team of Czech of Slovaks" for the WC 94 qualifications in 1991/2)... or they will quit of the World Cup?

See what happened at the Eurovision Song Contest  :laughlong: They finished throwing bottles to the winners...

Archived