Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suit U Sir !!!

Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

It does look a wonderful venue, but the report is dead right about the moat. Anyway, I'm not that worried. It will be fine come opening night.

Sorry, he's my choice for the job with Stuart Pearce as his assistant. If we can't get Hiddink, 'Big Phil' Scolari will do.

Well, Australia's used England's cast-offs (Venabales). About time England used ours.

Well, it ddn't work so far as swimming is concerned- Bill Sweetenham hasn't delivered. Bill's performance and general attitude in Britain, justifies why Australia got rid of him- it was a good decision.

He never seems to take responsibility for anything. During interviews following disappointing British swimming results, he is always blaming everyone else.

I missed the report, but I think I heard something yesterday about England getting an increase in their ticket allocation....a sensible move if it's true. France 98 was a nightmare ticket allocation.

I missed the report, but I think I heard something yesterday about England getting an increase in their ticket allocation....a sensible move if it's true. France 98 was a knightmare ticket allocation.

A knightmare situation eh? My God, that was a great TV show!!

http://www.knightmare.com/

I think you can tell that I used to love that show.

Anyway, unlike you to be so sarcastic Rob. I've noticed a change in you since you dropped your surname. You've gone all young and bolshy on us. You've changed. LOL

I missed the report, but I think I heard something yesterday about England getting an increase in their ticket allocation....a sensible move if it's true. France 98 was a nightmare ticket allocation.

Good sense from Blatter's mob?? That'll be the day.

It does look a wonderful venue, but the report is dead right about the moat. Anyway, I'm not that worried. It will be fine come opening night.
It does look a wonderful venue,

I think, you're right!

http://www.stadionwelt.de/wmspeci...._04.jpg

http://www.stadionwelt.de/wmspeci...._06.jpg

http://www.stadionwelt.de/wmspeci...._03.jpg

http://www.stadionwelt.de/wmspeci...._04.jpg

http://www.stadionwelt.de/wmspeci....n_1.jpg

http://www.stadionwelt.de/wmspeci...._10.jpg

Sweden anounced that they will play a friendly match at June with Chile in Stockholm. :wwww:

I think it will be great for my country... especially at Sweden with the third largest Chilean community (after Argentina and the US). Still, I hope that we could do a good job and not being beated so easily like in the qualifies :cry:

I'm sure quite a few people in England will be studying that match really closely! :upside:

So, we will find out tomorrow on what the verdicts will be because of what happened at the Turkish-Swiss final qualifying match for Germany 2006.

I think you can tell that I used to love that show.

I used to watch knightmare as well, when I came home from school.

Remember things like "side step to the left, walk forwards....."

Used to like those rooms which you entered and there'd be a bomb about to explode and the team of schoolkids had to quckly direct thier mate out of the room before it exploded.

So, we will find out tomorrow on what the verdicts will be because of what happened at the Turkish-Swiss final qualifying match for Germany 2006.

Looks like the Turkish team got quite a lot of flak from FIFA here. However, the Swiss didn't totally get away with their part then, too.

Indeed, but I don't think we've heard the last of this. Perhaps the Court of Arbitration for Sport will be involved before long.

Lucky New Zealand!

WELLINGTON, Feb 17, 2006 (AFP) - Defending champions Brazil have chosen lowly New Zealand for their final tune-up before the football World Cup finals in Germany, in a move which has stunned the match-starved New Zealand.

The prospect of facing Brazil a week before the finals in June is ``jaw-dropping stuff'', said New Zealand captain Danny Hay.

``There's just one word for it -- unbelievable,'' he said when it was confirmed the match would take place in Geneva on June 4.

The All-Whites, who played just one international last year, are now trying to arrange two warm-up games of their own in Europe before the Brazil match, and will also play Chile twice in April.

Brazil, seeking a record-extending sixth World Cup triumph in Germany, are expected to field a full-strength line-up -- including superstars such as Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka and Roberto Carlos -- in their last hit-out before their opening pool match against Croatia nine days later.

The All-Whites, who made the 1982 World Cup finals in Spain, are now ranked a lowly 122nd in the world, leaving defender Steven Old to ponder: ``If we beat them and they go on to win the World Cup, does that mean we're the best in the world?''

New Zealand and Brazil have met twice before, at the 1982 World Cup, where Brazil won 4-0 and in the 1999 Confederations Cup finals in Mexico, where the South Americans triumphed 2-0.

AFP

Lucky New Zealand!
WELLINGTON, Feb 17, 2006 (AFP) - Defending champions Brazil have chosen lowly New Zealand for their final tune-up before the football World Cup finals in Germany, in a move which has stunned the match-starved New Zealand.

The prospect of facing Brazil a week before the finals in June is ``jaw-dropping stuff'', said New Zealand captain Danny Hay.

``There's just one word for it -- unbelievable,'' he said when it was confirmed the match would take place in Geneva on June 4.

The All-Whites, who played just one international last year, are now trying to arrange two warm-up games of their own in Europe before the Brazil match, and will also play Chile twice in April.

Brazil, seeking a record-extending sixth World Cup triumph in Germany, are expected to field a full-strength line-up -- including superstars such as Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka and Roberto Carlos -- in their last hit-out before their opening pool match against Croatia nine days later.

The All-Whites, who made the 1982 World Cup finals in Spain, are now ranked a lowly 122nd in the world, leaving defender Steven Old to ponder: ``If we beat them and they go on to win the World Cup, does that mean we're the best in the world?''

New Zealand and Brazil have met twice before, at the 1982 World Cup, where Brazil won 4-0 and in the 1999 Confederations Cup finals in Mexico, where the South Americans triumphed 2-0.

AFP

Well this shell be interesting

World Cup safety fear after alert

fears have been raised at one of this summer's World Cup venues after a security alert at Middlesbrough's Uefa Cup tie with Stuttgart in Germany.

A burst pipe in a kitchen caused an alert 30 minutes before kick-off.

BBC reporter Conor McNamara revealed announcements were made only in German and many Boro fans remained in their seats until the all-clear was given.

The 47,000-capacity stadium was only a quarter-full, raising fears at a venue where England may play this summer.

Stuttgart's Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion will stage six World Cup matches, including the possibility of an England game in the later stages.

German organisers insist their stadia are safe after they were heavily criticised in a recent report by the consumer group Stiftung Warentest.

The group raised worries about lack of emergency exits and steep terracing at some of the venues.