Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks God I won't see any Adidas-techno-sensorial-Ball and any kiribati or Guinea referee this time..

Blatter finally understand that the globalization in referees simply don't work.. this time they will be only professional..

thanks God I won't see any Adidas-techno-sensorial-Ball and any kiribati or Guinea referee this time..

Blatter finally understand that the globalization in referees simply don't work.. this time they will be only professional..

:wwww:  :laughlong:  :D

The Cup itself is now in display at various African countries. As of right now, it is in Ghana.
The Cup itself is now in display at various African countries. As of right now, it is in Ghana.

Are you talking about the African Cup?

Are you talking about the African Cup?

No, the actual World Cup:

World Cup Trophy On Show In Ghana

Ah! :blush: I thought you were talking about a PLAYED Cup... :laugh: Where is going to be played the African Cup? :)

Really? Cool!

I remember that guy from Niger, Bucherdeau or something like that. He was the referee at the match Italy vs. Chile at Bordeaux in 1998. Chile was winning the match and this ######### give a penalty to Baggio, so Italy tied the match. It was maybe the second most wonderful match of Chile in the recent history (after the victory at Wembley months before) and we totally deserves to win. Then, the referee admitted that the penalty was a fake and he was sanctioned. :angry:

For real or some kind of "sick joke?" Is the English coach, Sven-Goran Eriksson, really wants to quit if England wins this year's World Cup?  ???
For real or some kind of "sick joke?" Is the English coach, Sven-Goran Eriksson, really wants to quit if England wins this year's World Cup?  ???

:wwww:  :laughlong: That can't be true... :D

:wwww:  :laughlong: That can't be true... :D

The BBC had that article very recently, but I didn't bother to put a link here because I think it would be ridiculous to show it anyway. Besides, it was made for some tabloid paper that is questionable at best because the reporter who produced it is bordering on getting charged with libel.

Yeah, the reporter impersonated a rich Arab sheik to get the story. Sven-Goran denied most of it, and said he'd luike to stay at England's helm till the 2010 WC. And anyway, so what if he did want to quit if England won 2006 _ he would have basically fulfilled his mission and taken himself and the team to its pinnacle!
Also, this "reporter" targetted others like Eriksson in the past, too. This guy nearly got them in hot water, after some people read his articles.
Also, this "reporter" targetted others like Eriksson in the past, too. This guy nearly got them in hot water, after some people read his articles.

What is particularly interesting to me about this story is the fact that Eriksson has escaped with very little criticism and most of the stick has been targeted at the News of the World.

For myself, I think the only thing you can accuse Eriksson of is being somewhat naive. I'm not entirely sure what the newspaper was trying to achieve. If it was trying to get rid of him, it failed spectacularly (at least for now). If it was trying to reduce support for the coach, it has again failed spectacularly. One thing is for sure, the News of the World has certainly lost a lot of credit for this stunt.

i think the Australian team might be basing themselves in the Eindhoven (Netherlands) because Guus Hiddink coaches PSV Eindhoven.

Well, Australia have finally announced the base for the Socceroos - Friedrichsruhe, in Swabia, mstaying at the five-star Wald-und-Schlosshotel and practicing at nearby Ohringen.

I might just have to go and test it out and see if it's up to standard when I'm in Germany in March!

:D

Wow, this thread is up to 65 pages! is that a record here?

The worst kept secret in world football is now confirmed.

I'm not sure this is as bad as some people might think. The FA now has a few months to sound people out and find the right man for the job, whoever he may be. Moreover, we know how strong the relationship between Sven-Goran Eriksson and the England squad is. They will be even more determined than before to do well in Germany for the coach.

The worst kept secret in world football is now confirmed.

I'm not sure this is as bad as some people might think. The FA now has a few months to sound people out and find the right man for the job, whoever he may be. Moreover, we know how strong the relationship between Sven-Goran Eriksson and the England squad is. They will be even more determined than before to do well in Germany for the coach.

Yeah, I tend to agree. They've been a strong unit for so many years now, the incentive will now be to go out and end Sven's reign on a high (plus, I assume it will probably be the last WC for a few of the players on the squad as well)

Probably for someone like David James at 35, but the likes of David Beckham and Sol Campbell, both around 30, are probably just about young enough to get to South Africa if they maintain form and fitness. The rest of the squad should be around for a long time yet.

Archived