Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

Look, I realise that we will have this conversation ad infinitum until the draw actually takes place on 9 December, but I thought you all should know that this is going to drive me crazy until then, so I apologise in advance for any crazy posts by myself before that date :help:

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call 'bass-drums' the balls with the name of the countries, in Spanish bombos. Like the lottery 'bass-drums' (I don't know the properly name).

I have read this information in a Spanish sport newspaper so, I think it is correct.

Germany will be A1 and Brazil will be F1!

So Germany will play at the Allianz-Arena in Munich (A1-A2), at the Westfalenstadion in Dortmund (A1-A3) and finally in Berlin at the Olympiastadion (A4-A1).

Brazil will play at the Olympaistadion in Berlin (F1-F2), at the Allinaz-Arena in Munich (F1-F3) and finally at the Westfalenstadion in Dortmund (F4-F1).

Full Plan in German: pdf

The November Fifa rankings have been released today, the final ranking before the seeded teams and their groups are announced early next month. Together with previous World Cup acheivements these will count quite a bit towards who is seeded and who isn't.

1. Brazil

2. Czech Republic

3. Holland

4. Argentina

5. France

6. Spain

7. Mexico

8. United States

9. England

10.Portugal

12.Italy

16.Germany

6. Spain

8. United States

In the top 10 there are casually 6 European countries...

:laughlong:  :D  :laugh:

Baron, yuju yuju! :wwww:

The November Fifa rankings have been released today, the final ranking before the seeded teams and their groups are announced early next month. Together with previous World Cup acheivements these will count quite a bit towards who is seeded and who isn't.

1. Brazil

2. Czech Republic

3. Holland

4. Argentina

5. France

6. Spain

7. Mexico

8. United States

9. England

10.Portugal

12.Italy

16.Germany

when will the seedings become known?

6. Spain

8. United States

So?  Your puny little point proves nothing.  And if anything - indeed in the top 10, 4 of those are teams are from the Americas!   :P   That doesn't mean your stupid FIFA board composition today will remain that in 2010.  Duh!!  THose old idiots die off and they get replaced by rich Arab sheiks or industrialists from the rest of the world -- who are probably more forward thinking that you and the same old European farts!!     :P

6. Spain

8. United States

:laughlong:

So?  Your puny little point proves nothing.  And if anything - indeed in the top 10, 4 of those are teams are from the Americas! That doesn't mean your stupid UEFA board composition today will remain that in 2010.  Duh!!  THose old idiots die off and they get replaced by rich Arab sheiks or industrialists from the rest of the world -- who are probably more forward thinking that you and the same old European farts!!  

I agree with all the teams in the top 10 apart from Mexico, but not with the order. FIFA world rankings are not normally worth worrying about anyway - they're notoriously subjective as teams don't play each other enough to compare.

6. Spain

8. United States

So?  Your puny little point proves nothing.  And if anything - indeed in the top 10, 4 of those are teams are from the Americas!   :P   That doesn't mean your stupid FIFA board composition today will remain that in 2010.  Duh!!  THose old idiots die off and they get replaced by rich Arab sheiks or industrialists from the rest of the world -- who are probably more forward thinking that you and the same old European farts!!     :P

You've said ARAB people, but not American people... and if I don't remember most of the Arab countries were British colonies... :rolleyes: South Africa will support England, Europe will support England, so... what are you saying, little mad man? :rolleyes:

Rob,

The seeds and the announcement of how they reached the decision (it is still not known how they will be calculated, though it is assumed that they will use the same method as they did for Korea/Japan) will be given 6th December and the draw for each group will be three days later on the 9th

6. Spain

8. United States

Baron, yuju yuju!

You've said ARAB people, but not American people... and if I don't remember most of the Arab countries were British colonies... :rolleyes: South Africa will support England, Europe will support England, so... what are you saying, little mad man?

You're such a mental midget, m!   How do you know people will stick to their 'supposed' old loyalties?  That's like 6 years down the road, toad!  

In 1999, how come the New Zealand guy did NOT vote for South Africa when FIFA wanted to give 2006 to South Africa?  And those are from 2 countries in the 'supposed Commonwealth Club'?  :rolleyes:  Huh, loco?  So much for your highly infallible (is that word too big for you?) theories about (FIFA's) voting-bloc loyalties?  

Think (a new word, too?) with that growth on your shoulders and not where your tail used to be.  :laughlong:

I like the Germany 2006 logo! It fits to the theme of the world cup: a time to make friends....thats the message of the "celebrating faces"

CRAP. The World Cup isn't about being friends or even making new ones. It's about beating the country you are playing. The World Cup has created more long term animosity between the people of England and Germany and England and Argentina then any war ever could.

Whoever came up with the idea of the World Cup being about friendship must have laughed all the way to the bank.

6. Spain

8. United States

Baron, yuju yuju!

You've said ARAB people, but not American people... and if I don't remember most of the Arab countries were British colonies... :rolleyes: South Africa will support England, Europe will support England, so... what are you saying, little mad man?

You're such a mental midget, m!   How do you know people will stick to their 'supposed' old loyalties?  That's like 6 years down the road, toad!  

In 1999, how come the New Zealand guy did NOT vote for South Africa when FIFA wanted to give 2006 to South Africa?  And those are from 2 countries in the 'supposed Commonwealth Club'?  :rolleyes:  Huh, loco?  So much for your highly infallible (is that word too big for you?) theories about (FIFA's) voting-bloc loyalties?  

Think (a new word, too?) with that growth on your shoulders and not where your tail used to be.  :laughlong:

We will see mamonazo :rolleyes: We will see

At least only twisted and perverted minds like yours can think the USA can get 2018, so dream, dream, dreambaroncete :wink:

Just over twelve hours until we hear who the seeds are for next year in Germany. If the same system is used as was for Japan/South Korea, as has been hinted, the seeds would be:

Germany

Brazil

England

Italy

France

Argentina

Spain

Mexico

Although nothing is certain as Sepp (say anything to get on the news) Blatter stated that even Italy or England could lose their seeded status.

I like the Germany 2006 logo! It fits to the theme of the world cup: a time to make friends....thats the message of the "celebrating faces"

CRAP. The World Cup isn't about being friends or even making new ones. It's about beating the country you are playing. The World Cup has created more long term animosity between the people of England and Germany and England and Argentina then any war ever could.

Whoever came up with the idea of the World Cup being about friendship must have laughed all the way to the bank.

Oh Lord, you are taking it far too seriuosly.

the big question will be

"where will the dutch team placed?"

because it will not be pot1 - because they didn´t well at the last WC as they didn´t qualified

BILD - germans biggest Newspaper wrote the 2nd pot will be for the african/australia/aisan teams

then 3rd pot for the europeans, but with the Netherlands there are 9 european teams

so the placing of the netherland will be very important

if the put the Netherlands to the 4th pot, or if they say "we put 9teams in pot #3, and the left over team will move to pot 4" then the outcome could be a group of death like

#1 Brazil

#2 African team

#3 Czech rep.

#4 Netherlands

i think noone want to be part of such a group

so we will see how the FIFA this will handle

in few hours we will know it

I am glad, that not everybody shares your opinion.

1 week before the draw.  :)

Yeah  :)

Couldn't you be more original, other than your yeah posts?   :rolleyes:

No, have you any problem with that? :angry:  :glare: If so, ¡te jodes, cabrón! :rolleyes:Ajo y agua

I'm not really too worried about who else is in Englands group at the moment (maybe foolishly) - in 2002 England were in the so-called "Group of Death" - Argentina, England, Sweden and Nigeria - and they got through that without too many problems, although it wasn't expected that Argentina would go out in the first round or that Sweden would win the group.

Just over twelve hours until we hear who the seeds are for next year in Germany. If the same system is used as was for Japan/South Korea, as has been hinted, the seeds would be:

Germany

Brazil

England

Italy

France

Argentina

Spain

Mexico

Although nothing is certain as Sepp (say anything to get on the news) Blatter stated that even Italy or England could lose their seeded status.

you were right : these are indeed the 8 seeds  announced officially by FIFA

Archived