Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so the 32 teams that have qualified for the World Cup of Football in Germany 2006 are as follows:

Africa

Angola*

Cote d'Ivoire*

Togo*

Ghana*

Tunisia

Asia

Japan

Iran

Republic of Korea

Saudi Arabia

Europe

Germany

Ukraine*

Netherlands

Poland

England

Croatia

Italy

Portugal

Sweden

Serbia and Montenegro*

France

Switzerland

Czech Republic*

Spain

CONCACAF

The United States of America

Mexico

Costa Rica

Trinidad and Tobago*

Oceania

Australia

South America

Argentina

Brazil

Ecuador

Paraguay

* means first time apperance - some are a little more technical than others (like a mere name change)

What a thriller!! Uff

Congratualtions to Switzerland and respect to Turkey for this entertaining match.

BUT: When will i watch a loss of the Turkish Team in Turkey without all these incidents after the final whistle?  :help:  :Oo:  :rolleyes:  :shocked:

The behaviour of the Turks is scandalous. Apparently some Swiss players were molested after the game.

Everybody knows the FIFA rankings are a joke.

Both Bahrain and T&T are crap and the fact that one of them is going to the World Cup is quite comical.

Indeed, it is a pity that Trinidad and Tobago passed to WC while Uruguay missed the bus. That happens when FIFA gives CONCACAF 3 and a half tickets....nuts.

This is so fuc.king idiotic!

We got eliminated due to goal differences? What a pathetic to eliminate a team. This match should have gone into shootouts or have a 3rd set of game. Arghhhh!

I'm hope that all the Anti Turks here are pleased with our disqualification as there are a countless of them here who are porbably filled with joy.

Everybody knows the FIFA rankings are a joke.

Both Bahrain and T&T are crap and the fact that one of them is going to the World Cup is quite comical.

Indeed, it is a pity that Trinidad and Tobago passed to WC while Uruguay missed the bus. That happens when FIFA gives CONCACAF 3 and a half tickets....nuts.

Spain is finall in, I'm happy though I couldn't see tonights's match.

I agree, FIFA rankings are useless.

BTW, October 2005 ranking:

1 Brazil

2 Netherlands

3 Czech Republic

4 Argentina

5 France

6 Mexico

7 USA

8 Spain

Will FIFA use these teams (including Germany and exluding USA, IMO) to decide the seedings?

Anyone knows how the seedings are done?

We got eliminated due to goal differences? What a pathetic to eliminate a team. This match should have gone into shootouts or have a 3rd set of game. Arghhhh!

I'm hope that all the Anti Turks here are pleased with our disqualification as there are a countless of them here who are porbably filled with joy.

Commiserations TG - I understand that you will be upset.  We've all been there wih our own respective national teams.  What you have to tell yourself is that, whilst it seems unfair because you were on the losing side, you would not see the injustice really if you had won on goal differences!  Also, there are just as many people on here that wanted Turkey to win as not, so take heart.  The world is not out to get you, even though it may seem like that sometimes...  Keep smiling, there are always good things around the corner!

Commiserations TG - I understand that you will be upset.  We've all been there wih our own respective national teams.  What you have to tell yourself is that, whilst it seems unfair because you were on the losing side, you would not see the injustice really if you had won on goal differences!  Also, there are just as many people on here that wanted Turkey to win as not, so take heart.  The world is not out to get you, even though it may seem like that sometimes...  Keep smiling, there are always good things around the corner!

Your absolutely right Beth! :)

Its just that this is such a huge pill to swallow that will definitely leave a stomech turning feeling for all Turks to bare with. We were so close but due to goal differences, we were stopped short from gaining our ticket to Germany. :cry: :cry:

It will definitely be even more bitter for us when the World Cup games comes along and seeing that our national team wont be present. Nonethelss, I thank you for your support as it is much appericiated. All the best to England any may the best... I mean 2nd best team win.  :;):  :laughlong:

I know - it's always a bitter pill to swallow when you come so close.  It's a case of 'so near yet so far' and you would probably feel better if you had been comprehensively beaten.  In my experience though, I would always prefer to be pipped at the post so to speak.  That way, next time there is a lot more hope!  I like to look on the bright side 9 times out of 10!

:grinning:

Look at Greece - they didn't make it to the last world cup, then suddenly, when nobody was looking, they won Euro 2004!  Proof that something better is always around the corner... :oh:

:( Dare I say it,

TIME TO REFORM the qualification requirements for the WC finals??

If so,....Where to begin? :help:

I doubt that Fifa culd come up with a formula that everyone in the world could agree with though.  Sad but true.  It's a bit like the rankings process.  The majority of us hate and disagree with them for different reasons, yet no one can come up with a solution !!!  Aaaaggghhh..!!!! :sniffle:

The majority of us hate and disagree with them for different reasons, yet no one can come up with a solution !!!  

I can fix it.  My account is at Credit SUisse, 711 Bahnhofstrasse branch, Zurich, Account no. 124352018.  Remember only in Euros...

After all, what are Barons for?   :D

I undestand that you must be upset because what happened (as Beth said)... but anyway, I think that this system is totally fair. I think it is very important that you could score in a place completly against you. I don't think that the Swiss were as comfortable for playing in Istambul as in Zurich.

I imagine the case, for example, Argentina vs. Brazil. Everybody knows that the matches in Rio and Buenos Aires are very complicated for the visitor team. So, if you can score more away goals, you are better than the other team. Why we should forget all of this extra-work and go for penalties or a 3rd. match?

Anyway, I thought Turkey deserves the qualification but I don't know if they deserve more than the Swiss.

About a new qualification system... I think the BIG problem was the idea of the playoffs CONCACAF/AFC and OFC/CONMEBOL. It was obvious that only one good team (Australia and the other Southamerican) and one bad team (the fourth of CONCACAF and the fifth of AFC will be forever a bad team) will qualify. It is totally unfair.

there is nothing wrong with the qualification system expect that Africa should be stripped of one stop and it should be given to Europe

remember this is a world cup, therefore there can't be 28 European teams and than 4 for everywhere else

the Eurocentricness of soccer is nuts and needs to end for the game to competitively grow

faster - I don't understand your post, it seems to contradict itself.  On the one hand you are saying that Europe should have another spot and therefore doesn't have enough and on the other, you seem to be slamming the system for 'favouring' Europe.  Which is it?

Four countries from CONCACAF(USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Trinidad and Tobago) qualified for Germany;

Quite an achievement from a supposidly weak futbol confederation.

Yet two of its countries are ranked in the FIFA top ten. ???

so the 32 teams that have qualified for the World Cup of Football in Germany 2006 are as follows:

Africa

Angola*

Cote d'Ivoire*

Togo*

Ghana*

Tunisia

Asia

Japan

Iran

Republic of Korea

Saudi Arabia

Europe

Germany

Ukraine*

Netherlands

Poland

England

Croatia

Italy

Portugal

Sweden

Serbia and Montenegro*

France

Switzerland

Czech Republic*

Spain

CONCACAF

The United States of America

Mexico

Costa Rica

Trinidad and Tobago*

Oceania

Australia

South America

Argentina

Brazil

Ecuador

Paraguay

* means first time apperance - some are a little more technical than others (like a mere name change)

Well, if I read the rankings correctly from FIFA's website, Australia is the lowest-ranking team that will be in Germany 2006 at 54th. place.

Does anybody know, where the teams will resident during the WC?

Sweden will resident in Bremen. I have heard rumors, that the US-Team will resident in Hamburg and Brazil want to get paid for their visit in one region of Germany.

8 Teams have already found their "basement":

karte_quartiere.gif

Yet to be confirmed or rumors:

Togo - Bad Segeberg

Ivory Coast - Magdeburg

Brazil - Castrop-Rauxel

Poland - Herzlake or Bad Segeberg

Italy - Hennef

Ukraine - Ruit

France - Aerzen

England - Baden-Baden

I have to say I did want Turkey to win because they're much more exciting than the Swiss. But everytime there is an international in Turkey there seems to be problems - or at least it seems that way.

And some footage from CNN Türk:

http://www.wtp-radio.net/download/turkvsschweiz.wmv

As you can see a Turkish guy in black clothes starts it all by trying to kick a Swiss player, the Swiss no. 14 (Benjamin Huggel?) reacts by kicking the man back. When he enters the tunnel, the man in black uses a karate kick to hit no. 14 in the back. And surprise, surprise: Alpay was there as well....

faster - I don't understand your post, it seems to contradict itself.  On the one hand you are saying that Europe should have another spot and therefore doesn't have enough and on the other, you seem to be slamming the system for 'favouring' Europe.  Which is it?

Africa doesn't need five spots, four would be enough for them, so who would you want that spot to go to, Oceania - no, CONCACAF - yeah right, South America, there spots suit there needs, Asia - yeah right, so who is left, Europe

I have to say I did want Turkey to win because they're much more exciting than the Swiss. But everytime there is an international in Turkey there seems to be problems - or at least it seems that way.

Not always, only during crucial games when a few plays over react with anger which is a shame. Nonetheless, thanks for your support.

A lot of Turks are still angered by the term that saw us getting disqualified. That being the away goals. Anyways, whatever, we'll see how "excellent" both the German and Swiss team will preform in the World Cup. Both of which, I think will flunk within the first set round of the games.

Turkey will be back for EURO 2008, Mark my words. We have some unfinished business to deal with and it will motivate us to kick some (football) as.s like no tomorrow.

Africa doesn't need five spots, four would be enough for them, so who would you want that spot to go to, Oceania - no, CONCACAF - yeah right, South America, there spots suit there needs, Asia - yeah right, so who is left, Europe

Mmm... I think other confederations have more spots than what they deserve. Asia should have 3 and a half, CONCACAF only 3 and Africa 4 and a half. The rest, give them to Europe and Southamerica.

Not always, only during crucial games when a few plays over react with anger which is a shame. Nonetheless, thanks for your support.

A lot of Turks are still angered by the term that saw us getting disqualified. That being the away goals. Anyways, whatever, we'll see how "excellent" both the German and Swiss team will preform in the World Cup. Both of which, I think will flunk within the first set round of the games.

Turkey will be back for EURO 2008, Mark my words. We have some unfinished business to deal with and it will motivate us to kick some (football) as.s like no tomorrow.

you said that after you failed to get to Euro 2004 about this world cup!  :laughlong:

Archived