Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

Calm down, TG. It´s just a football-match.

Turkey will be back for EURO 2008, Mark my words. We have some unfinished business to deal with and it will motivate us to kick some (football) as.s like no tomorrow.

You really want to see your team playing in AUSTRIA & SWITZERLAND? Cant believe it.

I just hope your team wont make the same expierence there like the Swiss did in Istanbul. Or are "Son of a B!tch" and "I f*ck your mother" new greetings in Turkey? Is there a new welcome routine in Turkey in throwing full milk cartons and eggs to the (Swiss) teambus?

Come on TG, thats beyond any acceptance and it´s not the first time, you know that.

I really hope Turkey will be excluded from takeing part in the next E-Ch or Wold Cup qualification.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Turkey will be back for EURO 2008, Mark my words. We have some unfinished business to deal with and it will motivate us to kick some (football) as.s like no tomorrow.

You really want to see your team playing in AUSTRIA & SWITZERLAND? Cant believe it.

I just hope your team wont make the same expierence there like the Swiss did in Istanbul. Or are "Son of a B!tch" and "I f*ck your mother" new greetings in Turkey? Is there a new welcome routine in Turkey in throwing full milk cartons and eggs to the (Swiss) teambus?

Come on TG, thats beyond any acceptance and it´s not the first time, you know that.

I really hope Turkey will be excluded from takeing part in the next E-Ch or Wold Cup qualification.

same

an acts like that should cause suspension from the next major tournement, not matter the country

faster - I don't understand your post, it seems to contradict itself.  On the one hand you are saying that Europe should have another spot and therefore doesn't have enough and on the other, you seem to be slamming the system for 'favouring' Europe.  Which is it?

Africa doesn't need five spots, four would be enough for them, so who would you want that spot to go to, Oceania - no, CONCACAF - yeah right, South America, there spots suit there needs, Asia - yeah right, so who is left, Europe

Mmm... I think other confederations have more spots than what they deserve. Asia should have 3 and a half, CONCACAF only 3 and Africa 4 and a half. The rest, give them to Europe and Southamerica.

Exactly. Good European and Southamerican teams can't go to the WC because teams like Australia and Trinidad and Tobago have to go to the WC. Oceania and Asia has to be a unique qualification groups with 3,5 spots. CONCACAF only 3 or 2,5. Africa 4. The rest for Southamerica and Europe. :rolleyes:

This is so fuc.king idiotic!

We got eliminated due to goal differences? What a pathetic to eliminate a team. This match should have gone into shootouts or have a 3rd set of game. Arghhhh!

I'm hope that all the Anti Turks here are pleased with our disqualification as there are a countless of them here who are porbably filled with joy.

I have to say I did want Turkey to win because they're much more exciting than the Swiss. But everytime there is an international in Turkey there seems to be problems - or at least it seems that way.

Not always, only during crucial games when a few plays over react with anger which is a shame. Nonetheless, thanks for your support.

A lot of Turks are still angered by the term that saw us getting disqualified. That being the away goals. Anyways, whatever, we'll see how "excellent" both the German and Swiss team will preform in the World Cup. Both of which, I think will flunk within the first set round of the games.

you said that after you failed to get to Euro 2004 about this world cup!  :laughlong:

Ture. Anyways, I hope that I prove to be correct in two years time.  :)

faster - I don't understand your post, it seems to contradict itself.  On the one hand you are saying that Europe should have another spot and therefore doesn't have enough and on the other, you seem to be slamming the system for 'favouring' Europe.  Which is it?

Africa doesn't need five spots, four would be enough for them, so who would you want that spot to go to, Oceania - no, CONCACAF - yeah right, South America, there spots suit there needs, Asia - yeah right, so who is left, Europe

Mmm... I think other confederations have more spots than what they deserve. Asia should have 3 and a half, CONCACAF only 3 and Africa 4 and a half. The rest, give them to Europe and Southamerica.

Exactly. Good European and Southamerican teams can't go to the WC because teams like Australia and Trinidad and Tobago have to go to the WC. Oceania and Asia has to be a unique qualification groups with 3,5 spots. CONCACAF only 3 or 2,5. Africa 4. The rest for Southamerica and Europe. :rolleyes:

Too bad.  Life is tough.   :blues:

First of all, I was all calmn when I typed out my revious post. Second of all, I did not mean to sound negative or agressive in it when I stated that we have some unfinished business left to deal with. It isn't my problem that your the only one that misunderstood it here.

Third of all, I know what occured following last nights game. So I don't need to be given a recap summary or a video for that matter of what unfolded. A lot of you seem to have dismiss that we had actually won the actual game; however, due to the stupid "Away goal" difference we weren't able to qualify. So I hope that it burts up with joy.

Nowhere in any of my earlier posts did I justify the violent and disrespectful behaviour of what had occured following the football match from the Turkish side. I realize that its a problem and do accept that we have fanatics within our fans that like to stir up trouble. Its shameful; however, I can tell you that it could have been a lot uglier. Anyways, thats not to say that our fans are the only ones which have a problem in behaving following the events of a game. A great number of fans from across Europe inlcuding your lovely Germany have much of a problem as Turkish fans do. Lets hope that German fans will be able to behave once May rolls around seeing that the world's eyes will be on Germany for that month.

Another point that I want to raise up. Is that Turkey, literally had to compete in a World Cup-like match all along as we were drawn into the group of death for qualifications. I mean we had to deal with nations such as Denmark, Greeece and some really competitive teams such as Ukraine (which managed to surpise everyone) and Albania, which surely didn't make this a piece of cake for anyone. While other nations in another group, like Sweden had it way too easy as not only were they drawn in a less competitive group, but automatically qualified while they were second in their group due to that stupid FIFA rule, which I still don't understand where you subtract the last team's points from each group and see who has more points at the end thats ends up going through or some other shi.t like that. Whatever... its completely ridiculous. Nonetheless I'm still proud of our achievements in this competion much to the fact that it badly hurts that we were never able to go through.

Last thing. It be best for you to not bother to bet anything about us not being able to qualify for Euro 2008. This is seeing that you are already convinced about it when the groups for divisions have yet to be created.

South America has all the spots they deserve, they are only 10 teams, Colombia, Chile, and the rest would be pumpled by other teams like Japan, Iran, Korea, Mexico and the USA

Name one top flight European team that is not in the tournement,

the only notables are Denmark and Ireland, Ireland didn't play well enough to qualify and either did Denmark

and of the Europeans that did, probably between 8 and 6 won't make it out of the group stage, whereas the likes of Japan, USA, and Mexico most likely will

there is talent outside of Europe and South America, release it

South America has all the spots they deserve, they are only 10 teams, Colombia, Chile, and the rest would be pumpled by other teams like Japan, Iran, Korea, Mexico and the USA

the only notables are Denmark and Ireland, Ireland didn't play well enough to qualify and either did Denmark

and of the Europeans that did, probably between 8 and 6 won't make it out of the group stage, whereas the likes of Japan, USA, and Mexico most likely will

there is talent outside of Europe and South America, release it

well said, faster.  I don't know why a certain over-crowded continent thinks the world revolves around them?

The hosts in Leipzig during the draw will be:

Heidi Klum and Reinhold Beckmann

0_pk_ap300.jpg

beckmann.jpg

The drawing is at the "Neue Messe" (Trade Fair)

RTEmagicC_leipzig_22.jpg.jpg

The Neue Messe -by the way- was one of the Leipzig 2012 Cluster and venue for Fencing, Basketball, Handball, Gymnastics,  Soft/Baseball, Volleyball.

A lot of you seem to have dismiss that we had actually won the actual game; however, due to the stupid "Away goal" difference we weren't able to qualify. So I hope that it burts up with joy.

As Baldrick would say: It all sounds a bit like a bag of grapefruits to me!

The rules were there for all to see before the qualification. I'm sorry, but away goals aren't new and have been used in Europe (UEFA Cup and CL) for years.

the draw is covered in Canada live, it was for 2002, i see no reason why it won't this time

those that will draw Mexico can count themselves

from the teams, it seems highly unlikely that a group of death is going to be formed - the draw could be quite even, but now that i did it watch there will be a group like Brazil, Netherlands, Czech Republic and USA

the draw is covered in Canada live, it was for 2002, i see no reason why it won't this time

from the teams, it seems highly unlikely that a group of death is going to be formed - the draw could be quite even, but now that i did it watch there will be a group like Brazil, Netherlands, Czech Republic and USA

how do the seedings work for the world cup. Is there only one level of seeds (i.e. the top 8) and the rest is a free-for-all.

The USA most likely will. I don't think Japan and Mexico will this time around. I think that fewer than 6-8 European teams will miss out (teams in bold are those I think will progress beyond the group stage):

Germany (hosts)

Croatia

Czech Republic

England

France

Holland

Italy

Poland

Portugal

Serbia and Montenegro

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

Ukraine

Argentina

Brazil

Ecuador

Paraguay

Iran

Japan

Saudi Arabia

South Korea

Costa Rica

Mexico

Trinidad and Tobago

USA

Angola

Ghana

Ivory Coast

Togo

Tunisia

Australia

------

You asked me to name a top European side that aren't there...and I can't, because they're all there.

Now, you name me a top side on any other continent that aren't there....I can't think of any really.

I'd suggest, therefore, that the qualification process reflects quite nicely the balance in World football at the moment.

There is always a group that gets the Group of Death tag!  Plus, if countries like England and Holland aren't seeded, then there is always a chance that they can get drawn with Brazil.  If that happens, that will get the group of death tag...

There is always a group that gets the Group of Death tag!  Plus, if countries like England and Holland aren't seeded, then there is always a chance that they can get drawn with Brazil.  If that happens, that will get the group of death tag...

This will be the bass-drums:

Bass-drum 1

Brazil

Argentina

Mexico

Germany

Italy

England

Spain

France

Bass-drum2(Two teams of this bass-drum will maybe be changed to bass-drums 3 and 4)

Holland

Poland

Croatia

Czech Republic

Portugal

Sweden

Ukraine

Serbia & Montenegro

Switzerland

Bass-drum 3

Togo

Paraguay

Ecuador

Australia

Angola

Ghana

Tunis

Ivory Coast

Bass-drum 4

Saudi Arabia

Iran

Japan

South Korea

USA

Cosa Rica

Trinidad & Tobago

So the in the final groups there will be a country from bass-drum 1, bass-drum 2, bass-drum 3 and bass-drum 4.

Bass-drum 1

Brazil

Argentina

Mexico

Germany

Italy

England

Spain

France

Bass-drum2(Two teams of this bass-drum will maybe be changed to bass-drums 3 and 4)

Holland

Poland

Croatia

Czech Republic

Portugal

Sweden

Ukraine

Serbia & Montenegro

Switzerland

Bass-drum 3

Togo

Paraguay

Ecuador

Australia

Angola

Ghana

Tunis

Ivory Coast

Bass-drum 4

Saudi Arabia

Iran

Japan

South Korea

USA

Cosa Rica

Trinidad & Tobago

So the in the final groups there will be a country from bass-drum 1, bass-drum 2, bass-drum 3 and bass-drum 4.

I believe this is correct. The 'best' 7 countries plus the host will be in pot 1. The other 3 pots are based on geography rather than past results.

The European pot (pot 2) has 9 countries, whereas the Asian/North American pot only has 7. This means that one group will have 2 teams from pot 2 and none from pot 4. This group will most likely be the group of death. Because of this it's possible to have one group with 3 European teams.

The 'ultimate' group of death for me would be: Brazil (1), Netherlands & Portugal (2) and Ivory Coast (3)

Bass-drum 1

Brazil

Argentina

Mexico

Germany

Italy

England

Spain

France

Holland

Poland

Croatia

Czech Republic

Portugal

Sweden

Ukraine

Serbia & Montenegro

Switzerland

Bass-drum 3

Togo

Paraguay

Ecuador

Australia

Angola

Ghana

Tunis

Ivory Coast

Bass-drum 4

Saudi Arabia

Iran

Japan

South Korea

USA

Cosa Rica

Trinidad & Tobago

I believe this is correct. The 'best' 7 countries plus the host will be in pot 1. The other 3 pots are based on geography rather than past results.

The European pot (pot 2) has 9 countries, whereas the Asian/North American pot only has 7. This means that one group will have 2 teams from pot 2 and none from pot 4. This group will most likely be the group of death. Because of this it's possible to have one group with 3 European teams.

The 'ultimate' group of death for me would be: Brazil (1), Netherlands & Portugal (2) and Ivory Coast (3)

impossible, there is only to be allowed 2 european teams per group

so if the groups wide up

Group A

Germany

Croatia

Group B

Brazil

Sweden

Groupd C

England

Czech Republic

etc.

the final European ball will be drawn for Group B instead of group A

continental rules are as follows

no more than two European teams

no more than one of any other continent is allowed in a group

actually this time around its just the eight top seeds, since Germany is amongst the top eight

Archived