Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LMAO! :laughlong:

You are so predictable. FIFA ranking provide how teams faired out on a average based on their past preformances. It isn't anything thats permanently engraved. Changes are bound to occur; however, I assume you already know all of this.

Anyways, we'll just have to wait a month from now to see what will unfold. I hope that you wont be betting on any of your predictions.  :laughlong:

Turkey's a fluke - same as Greece - if that WC had been played a 100 more times Turkey would have probably not even got out of the round of 16 - Turkey plays horrible football, and if it wasn't for Denmark's lackluster start - would be sitting on the bunch watching Denmark go after a world cup spot

Mmmm the final outcomes prove otherwise!

and where's your precious Canada again? Just I thought.

LMAO! :laughlong:

You are so predictable. FIFA ranking provide how teams faired out on a average based on their past preformances. It isn't anything thats permanently engraved. Changes are bound to occur; however, I assume you already know all of this.

Anyways, we'll just have to wait a month from now to see what will unfold. I hope that you wont be betting on any of your predictions.  :laughlong:

Turkey's a fluke - same as Greece - if that WC had been played a 100 more times Turkey would have probably not even got out of the round of 16 - Turkey plays horrible football, and if it wasn't for Denmark's lackluster start - would be sitting on the bunch watching Denmark go after a world cup spot

Mmmm the final outcomes prove otherwise!

and where's your precious Canada again? Just I thought.

i don't think any Canadian supports men's Canadian soccer - its just not there - we all go by our old countries, so there is huge support for France, Germany, Italy, Greece, England, Scotland etc.

you should see it during a world cup - flags are everywhere - none Canadian

we shall se if turkey beat switzerland,if they manage to get a 0-0 in turkey,thye ll be very well receive in bern or geneva.

czech are lucky to not play slovakia

now i want spain to qualify for world cup,it won t be the same without them

now i use to say hard qualification,good world cup we wll see

one thing the first game is in Berne on the 12th, followed by the second game in Istanbul at the 16th

the Swiss need to win that game 1-0 or keep it 0-0 and hope to tie the game in Istanbul 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, etc. to qualify

Spain is a constant underachieved, it would be better to have a fresh team in the finals than a team that will probably not leave the round of 16

its also funny that both the Spanish and the Czechs aren't happy with the draws - for some reason the Czechs think that Norway is going to be a problem - i doubt it, but hope so - if Norway can get the win in Oslo it could very well be them in Germany next June,

i really hope that Switzerland, Norway and Slovakia make it into the finals, but this is not likely - though i am pretty sure their will be at least one upset

finally i take issue with the way seeding was done, it should have been based on qualifying performance not ranking -Spain, Norway and Switzerland would have been seeds - far more fair to base the seeding on results than a number that only provides a vague estimate of how good a team is

I don't think, with only six teams the playoffs should have been seeded at all. They all finished second, so they are all of about the same quality. Why not just do a draw?

-------

I find it strange that people in Canada support European teams. A nation full of glory hunters?

I don't think, with only six teams the playoffs should have been seeded at all. They all finished second, so they are all of about the same quality. Why not just do a draw?

-------

I find it strange that people in Canada support European teams. A nation full of glory hunters?

we support the teams of the countries we are from -

glory hunters - ha - if that was true i don't like England would have as much support as they do

Canadians tend to support the team of their former homeland (hence i support Germany) or teams they enjoy watching ( for me Sweden)

Man, talk about parties coming out from mainly the Toronto and Montreal areas, when it comes to the World Cup. Different national flags and street parties galore that I know of, from the TV news.

-------

we support the teams of the countries we are from -

glory hunters - ha - if that was true i don't like England would have as much support as they do

Canadians tend to support the team of their former homeland (hence i support Germany) or teams they enjoy watching ( for me Sweden)

Sorry Faster, I misinterpreted your comment because I forgot (silly me!) that Canada never qualifies for the world cup so you (i.e. Canadian football fans) have to find an alternative team to support.

That's not meant to be a dig - I always have to pick a favourite alternative team, usually after the quarter finals of a tournament when England get knocked out.

Presumably you all have Canada as your main team during qualification though and would support Canada if they qualified?

Touché with the England comment btw. No foreign England fan can really be a glory hunter can they?!  :help:

That's not meant to be a dig - I always have to pick a favourite alternative team, usually after the quarter finals of a tournament when England get knocked out.

The same for me and Spain  :blush:

Wait.

Canada knows soccer exists?

What IS soccer anyways?

actually soccer/football is the most played sport in Canada

Presumably you all have Canada as your main team during qualification though and would support Canada if they qualified?

this i doubt

Well, i dont expect a German win. I dont know, how they will survive the group phase.

So, no Weltmeisters, i will keep my thumbs up for our Dutch neighbors. They have always played well in Germany. They came second at the World Cup in 1974 and have won the European Title in 1988.

I think its a very good team and with much support from their fans ('Duitsland wordt oranje'), anything can happen for our "Käsköppe";

Voetbal wereldkampioen 2006!!!! :grinning:

Well, i dont expect a German win. I dont know, how they will survive the group phase.

So, no Weltmeisters, i will keep my thumbs up for our Dutch neighbors. They have always played well in Germany. They came second at the World Cup in 1974 and have won the European Title in 1988.

I think its a very good team and with much support from their fans ('Duitsland wordt oranje'), anything can happen for our "Käsköppe";

What do you know, a German cheering for Oranje. What has this world come to :D

I doubt it. Our current defense and midfield aren't good enough to win the world cup. Unless Van Basten finally comes to his senses and realizes that there are some good players without an Ajax or AZ Alkmaar past, I can't see us progress past the quarters.

About Canadians cheering for their former homeland. I remember a friendly game between Canada and The Netherlans in 1994 in - I believe - Toronto. The entire stadium was filled with Dutch-Canadians wearing orange jerseys singing the Dutch National Anthem. Kinda like Germany - Turkey in Munich a few years ago    :;):

Germany is probably the biggest mystery amongst the major teams (Argentina, Brazil, England, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Czech Republic, France included)

Germany has a lot of younger players that are extremely streaky - and for some reason the German management will never put Bobic or Klose out instead of Kuranyi, even if Kuranyi is playing like sh!t, same goes for Kahn and Jan. I would be extremely suprised if Germany doesn't make it to at least the round of 8 - since hosted tend to have favourable draws (remember Korea).

Not to mention the possiblities of group(s) of death are low because of the lack of African experience, and Germany, as host, 3 time winners and runner-up from last time around is going to be seeded therefore will avoid a lot of the teams that are potenciatly deadly for Germany like the Netherlands

The Netherlands will most likely be in pot 2 (if Spain qualifies). This makes a group with Germany and the Netherlands possible.

the dutch deserve the seed more than spain - the dutch have gotten to the semis since 1990 - i don't believe spain has - not to mention spain not making out of the group stage of the euro and losing to korea (i believe)

The Netherlands will most likely be in pot 2 (if Spain qualifies). This makes a group with Germany and the Netherlands possible.

the dutch deserve the seed more than spain - the dutch have gotten to the semis since 1990 - i don't believe spain has - not to mention spain not making out of the group stage of the euro and losing to korea (i believe)

Spain deserves more to be at the semifinals: it has never been in them and in 2002 we weren't because they don't count the Spanish goals and count the Korean goals... :rolleyes: This wasn't fair, how could Korea be in the semifinals if they didn't qualify to the WCs? :glare:

The Dutch are being 'punished' for failing to qualify for the 2002 World Cup. It doesn't matter though, we were in pot 3 for Euro 2004 and we still reached the semi-finals.

Yes, it is possible... but the other teams will be Trinidad & Tobago and Cote d'Ivoire... so both European teams will qualify... anyway, a Germany vs. Netherlands match in first round will be awesome!

Yes, it is possible... but the other teams will be Trinidad & Tobago and Cote d'Ivoire... so both European teams will qualify... anyway, a Germany vs. Netherlands match in first round will be awesome!

in the quarters or semis would be better

Mikel - there were no goals in the Korea-Spain match - Korea beat yous 5 to 3 on penalties - they won the match - deal with it.

I can see why Australia want to be part of the Asian qualifying zone. The Asian teams have qualified, are: Japan, S.Korea, Iran and Saudia Arabia, with possibly Bahrain joining.

Dosen't sound very difficult to qualify through Asia, so we'll be seeing an Australian team at the 2010 world cup, almost definetly.

Makes you wonder what state the Chinese team is in, if they didn't qualify.

Archived