Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

About the new system... I think the football is very retarded about new technologies. FIFA don't like them very much so I think that is a good improvement. This would make clear if England beat Germany in the Final of the World Cup and I don't think this could make any problem in the normal development of the game.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's nice. Any thoughts on the goal line technology idea though?

I posted something like this a while back. I think it will be used in a cautious manner. Like all new gimmicks to improve something, some players may not like the idea.

Yes, Brasil look really good right now, I think they are going to win in Germany.

my predictions for 2006

Sweden to go further than England

Germany to get to semi-final

Brasil to win world cup

If we do go further than Sweden, can we expect Swedish supporters for England again wearing football shirts made 1\2 out of England shirts and 1\2 out of Swedish shirts ???  

That's what happened in 2002 !!!!    :P  :wwww:

I'm with Rei's comment on this by the way, but yes you are right in that Brazil look good right now!!!

However, I would say that teams that are in really good form now may not be in good form next summer...   Anyone can still win it and I hope they do as, whilst I am an admirer of the Brazil team, it is not good news for this competition to have the same teams dominating.  I'm still waiting for an African or Asian winner!!!

My biggest fear next year is hooliganism.  The news over here is that the Germans (or at least their supporters) have decided to record the English Football theme 'Three Lions' (I am further worried about the Lion official logo).  Despite the English artists that wrote the song saying no, apparently that isn't a problem according to German law.  Apparently, in Germany any artist can record another artist's song without their permission (they do have to pay royalties though).  I am just praying that Germany and England do not meet as that song is like our national anthemn when it comes to football!  

:shocked:

It's pretty sad that they can't think of their own song. What has "three lions" got to do with Germany.

The whole point of the song is that the team hasn't won anything or got very far in any tournament since 1966. Germany are the antithesis of this as they always do well and have luck on their side.

Apart from the problem with "three lions on the shirt", the whole idea behind the song doesn't fit Germany!

Rob - can you imagine England vs Germany at the 2006 finals.  Forget the football on the pitch, the real competition will be between the supporters and who can sing the song the loudest!!!  Not the greatest advertisement for the game really.  I am seriously worried about trouble though over this...

Yes, Brasil look really good right now, I think they are going to win in Germany.

my predictions for 2006

Brasil to win world cup

If we do go further than Sweden, can we expect Swedish supporters for England again wearing football shirts made 1\2 out of England shirts and 1\2 out of Swedish shirts ???  

I'm with Rei's comment on this by the way, but yes you are right in that Brazil look good right now!!!

However, I would say that teams that are in really good form now may not be in good form next summer...   Anyone can still win it and I hope they do as, whilst I am an admirer of the Brazil team, it is not good news for this competition to have the same teams dominating.  I'm still waiting for an African or Asian winner!!!

My biggest fear next year is hooliganism.  The news over here is that the Germans (or at least their supporters) have decided to record the English Football theme 'Three Lions' (I am further worried about the Lion official logo).  Despite the English artists that wrote the song saying no, apparently that isn't a problem according to German law.  Apparently, in Germany any artist can record another artist's song without their permission (they do have to pay royalties though).  I am just praying that Germany and England do not meet as that song is like our national anthemn when it comes to football!  

hehe ja or maybe Greece can win. No one think they could win Euro 2004 and look what happened. So maybe an unknown team can win 2006.

Of course if Sweden goes out I support England, most swedes love the English football league and you are managed by a swede (but he isnt liked much here now)

I just think England are not looking so good right now. 4-1 against Denmark? Only 1-0 against Wales? England should have won these games by big margins and they did not.

my predictions for 2006

Brasil to win world cup

hehe ja or maybe Greece can win. No one think they could win Euro 2004 and look what happened. So maybe an unknown team can win 2006.

Of course if Sweden goes out I support England, most swedes love the English football league and you are managed by a swede (but he isnt liked much here now)

I just think England are not looking so good right now. 4-1 against Denmark? Only 1-0 against Wales? England should have won these games by big margins and they did not.

Yes, the England team are getting a lot of stick right now at home about the last 2 games.  It is important to remember that Sven messes about with the team with substitutes and I can't remember the last time I wanted to watch an England friendly.  I can't remember seeing one that they did play well in - their record isn't great in friendlies!  I hear the Columbia game was quite good but I think that is an exception to the rule.  For the Wales game he still seemed to be messing around with the team.  Still, they usually make heavy weather of it during the qualifying and get better for tournments so we shall see!

Denmark was a friendly and we now know who England's no. 1 goalie is (hint, NOT Mr Playstation). The first 45 minutes was our first team. It was the second half when most of the goals were conceded and that was nowhere near our strongest team.

Wales was still a win and we now know that 4-5-1 doesn't work for England. Michael Owen was injured and not in the team.

Against Northern Ireland we'll have our full strength team, hopefully in 4-4-2, Michael Owen banging in the goals and the the legend that is Paul Robinson in goal.

Please provide any source, before you make such a statement.

It's pretty sad that they can't think of their own song. What has "three lions" got to do with Germany.

The whole point of the song is that the team hasn't won anything or got very far in any tournament since 1966. Germany are the antithesis of this as they always do well and have luck on their side.

Apart from the problem with "three lions on the shirt", the whole idea behind the song doesn't fit Germany!

Rob, i am getting tired of it. Which team was the lucky one in 1966? Get over it!!!

Rob, i am getting tired of it. Which team was the lucky one in 1966? Get over it!!!

Hey Goethe, if anything that was a disguised comliment - and compliments about the German football team from an England fan are a rare thing! Even if they haven't played the prettiest football or had the strongest team on paper, Germany have always been solid (with the possible exception of Euro 2000), well organised, and hard to beat. That's why the song three lions doesn't fit Germany:

"Everyone seems to know the score

They've seen it all before

They just know

They're so sure

That England's Gonna throw it away

Gonna blow it away

But I know they can play

'Cause I remember...

Three Lions on a shirt

Jules Rimet still gleaming

Thirty years of hurt

Never stopped me dreaming

So many jokes, so many sneers

But all those oh-so-nears

Wear you down

Through the years

But I still see that tackle by Moore

And when Lineker scored

Bobby belting the ball

And Nobby Dancing

Three Lions on a shirt

Jules Rimet still gleaming

Thirty years of hurt

Never stopped me dreaming"

I wish I could say the same thing about England, who, far too often have a brilliant team on paper, and like Spain, Europe's other great underaceivers,  fail to win consistently.

I don't think the Germans nicking our song will lead to violence as Beth does, but it is a footballing anthem in this country. So Germany, get your own!!

:P

Oh, boy. South Africa did NOT get to qualify for 2006 and is now struggling to qualify for the Nations Cup for the African continent:

Lethargic SA May Pay Heavy Price

SA Coach Expects The Sack

how embarrassing

:D  :wwww:

Talking about embarrassment: Northern Ireland 1-0 England  :laugh:

The Dutch camp is already looking for a hotel for their stay in Germany next year.

Welkom Nederland!!!!

Danke schön!

I read the Dutch Football Association (KNVB) has taken an option on a hotel near Freiburg since qualification is 99% certain.

I hope we can play our groupgames in Dortmund, Cologne and/or Gelsenkirchen as it's basically around the corner for us. Hamburg or Hannover would be good as well. Playing here would give us almost home advantage.

Talking about embarrassment: Northern Ireland 1-0 England  :laugh:

That ###### performance has gone some way to show why Three Lions lyrics are so apt when it comes to the England football team Goethe! We'd have to go some to not qualify for the world cup, but tonight's match was painful to watch.

I've defended Sven before, but after tonight I'm not so sure any more.

Archived