Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

I realise its early on in the proceedings but is there any indication as to when tickets will go on sale?

Yes, its on 1 February 2005.

Ticket Categories and Prices

Cat. 1 Cat. 2 Cat. 3 Cat. 4

Opening Match             300,00 € 180,00 € 115,00 € 65,00 €

Group Matches             100,00 € 60,00 € 45,00 € 35,00 €

Round of 16                 120,00 € 75,00 € 60,00 € 45,00 €

Quarterfinal                 180,00 € 110,00 € 85,00 € 55,00 €

Semifinal                     400,00 € 240,00 € 150,00 € 90,00 €

Third Place                  120,00 € 75,00 € 60,00 € 45,00 €

Final                           600,00 € 360,00 € 220,00 € 120,00 €

Thanks for that info. Good to see some reasonable ticket prices, even at the latter stages.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'm going to be blunt. I think all of the logos on the 11-designer site are bad. I can see why the people behind the event made their own logo, which, although not great, is better than the ones on this site IMHO!

On the other site I like,

a_r.3a63b6421aaf_darda-2.jpg

a_r.1ea72a409a55_ULLEINS-2.jpg

a_r.0b80df0fbd16_ickDoan-2.jpg

a_r.72ac6adcd692_lDesign-2.jpg

The last one reminds me of the Euro 2000 logo for some reason:

_783650_logo300.jpg

As mentioned, Berlin will host the final, but does anyone know where the 2 semi finals will be held. I would imagine the new Munich stadium will host one of them.

You r right.

1st semi final will be in Dortmund, 2nd in Munich. The loser will compete for 3rd place in Stuttgart.

The quarter finals will be in Berlin, Frankfurt, Gelsenkirchen (="Schalke") and Dortmund.

WOW! It looks to ba a great World Cup. Korea/Japan had some of the coolest stadia of all time, lets see if Germany can out do them. I like the logos with the flaming ball and the abstract one. I didn't like any of the "11" ones on the website. Ugh! I am hoping Czech Rep. will do well since it neighboors Germany, also I like USA's chances to go far. I am trying to get my dad to take our family to Europe during Summer 2006, maybe a World Cup match could be a possibility.

I like the roof construction on the Frankfurt Stadium. It seems quite transparant and allows lot of natural light into the stadium. Other than the Arena Auf Schalke which looks really dark from inside. :)

I like the roof construction on the Frankfurt Stadium. It seems quite transparant and allows lot of natural light into the stadium. Other than the Arena Auf Schalke which looks really dark from inside. :)

@Schalke stadium: only cause they closed the roof. If its open it looks like this:

schalke%20fans.JPG

@Schalke stadium: only cause they closed the roof. If its open it looks like this:

schalke%20fans.JPG

Ow i see, it has a sliding roof.

I want to go to the World Cup. But I need almost $3.000.000 (of chilean pesos, of course, not dollars, jejeje) to travel. But I want...

Which countries will classify to the WC?

In Africa: Southafrica, Morocco, Nigeria, Cote'd Ivoire and Congo

In Northamerica: USA, Mexico, Canada, and Costarica defeat an asian team (I think Japan)

In Southamerica: The historic ABC (Argentina, Brazil and Chile) and Paraguay.

In Oceania: Australia defeat Colombia in the final stage

In Asia: China, Jordan, South Korea and Saudi Arabia.

In Europe: Germany, of course. Then, France, Italy, England, Spain, Holland, Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Serbia & Montenegro and Belgium.

What do you think?

My guess is:

S. America- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay

N. America- USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Canada (Beats Jordan)

Oceania- Australia (Beats Ecuador in final qualification)

Asia- South Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, China (Jordan looses to Canada)

Africa- Senegal, South Africa, Cameroon, Nigeria, Tunisia

I will go a little more in-depth in Europe-

Group 1 (Automatic Qualifier)-Czech Rep.

Group 2-Denmark

Group 3- Portugal

Group 4- France

Group 5- Italy

Group 6- England

Group 7- Belgium

Group 8- Sweden

The two other AC's (For best second place) are- Turkey (G2) & Spain (G7)

Then the playoffs will include-

Netherlands (G1)

Slovakia (G3)

Ireland (G4)

Scotland (G5)

Poland (G6)

Croatia (G8)

Now the playoffs depend on the records, but I hope Netherlands, Croatia and Ireland win and go onto the World Cup.

My guess is:

S. America- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay

N. America- USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Canada (Beats Jordan)

Oceania- Australia (Beats Ecuador in final qualification)

Asia- South Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, China (Jordan looses to Canada)

Africa- Senegal, South Africa, Cameroon, Nigeria, Tunisia

I will go a little more in-depth in Europe-

Group 1 (Automatic Qualifier)-Czech Rep.

Group 2-Denmark

Group 3- Portugal

Group 4- France

Group 5- Italy

Group 6- England

Group 7- Belgium

Group 8- Sweden

The two other AC's (For best second place) are- Turkey (G2) & Spain (G7)

Then the playoffs will include-

Netherlands (G1)

Slovakia (G3)

Ireland (G4)

Scotland (G5)

Poland (G6)

Croatia (G8)

Now the playoffs depend on the records, but I hope Netherlands, Croatia and Ireland win and go onto the World Cup.

I'm sad because Denmark, Greece and Turkey are in the same group. I'm a quarter of danish (my grandmother came from Copenhagen) so I love Denmark. I love Greece too, and Turkey it's good. I can't believe one of the three won't be in the WC. And Portugal will play with "easy" countries...  :angry:

Do you guys both honestly think that Turkey dosen't stand a chance in making it through to the World Cup?  ???

There is huge pressure from the Turkish public in getting our football team through and I believe that we can make it through considering that we have gotten our sevles a new Coach Ersun Yanal who has proven to be successful for Turkey considering that it has won every friendly match as he has coached.

This streak of course will only get better so don't underestimate our national team or else your going to be in for a real surprise in the year and a half og qualification matches!  :;):

of course, turkey will qualify. it HAS to. so many turks living in germany - would be a shame if they would fail. they will be able to play in front of "home crowds" whereever they´ll play in germany!

Its going to be a friendly Invasion of Germany by Turks coming from everywhere!   :D

I hope that they can play in Munich. Since its the closest city to where I currently live and I can just blend it quite well with the fans in 2006!  :cool:

I want to go to the World Cup, that is if i can get about 4000 dollars together to pay for the trip luckly i have friends living outside of Munich.

I hope that

Peru, Argentina, Colombia Chile

Australia

Jamaica, Mexico, Canada Costa Rica

Finland, Netherlands, Greece, Denmark, Slovakia, France, Ireland, Slovenia, Norway, Austria, Belgium, Sweden and Croatia along with Germany

Senegal, Ghana, Côte d'Ivoire, Nigeria, Guinea

Uzbekistan Japan Bahrain United Arab Emirates

qualify

thats an 18 country turn over so it wouldn't be the same old same old

and no one is safe from not qualifing except Germany

so turkey, england france and all those can potential not qualify

I might argue that the Czech Rep. is pretty safe, I know the old "you never know" saying, but at worst they should finish second, at least a chance to playoffs for one of the spots.

Anyway, others are pretty much locked to, most of the S. American countries, at least Brazil and Argentina, they are leading their qualifying rounds.

"You never know" Mmmm, In Southamerica you never know which two others teams qualify. Brazil and Argentina are qualify from the beginning.

In 2001, when Brazil was 5th, Pele said Brazil must qualify. And if they didn't do this playing, they would do it with an special law in the FIFA.

Archived