Germany 2006 Fifa World Cup

Time to start a discussion about the worlds 2nd largest sports event in Germany 2006: The Fifa World Cup.

The Logo (do u like it? ???)

logo_new.jpg

The Venues

map_la.gif

The complete MATCH SCHEDULE

The opening match will be held in MUNICH on 9 June 2006:

2306842.jpg

The new soccer arena in Munich:

muenchen_n1.jpg

Population: 1.3 million

Stadium: Stadion München

Scheduled Work: A brand new stadium

2006 Capacity: 66,000 Seats

Investment: approx €280m

The Finals will be held in BERLIN on 9 July 2006:

3719651934.jpg

Olympic stadium:

berlin_n1.jpg

Population: 3.39 million

Stadium: Olympiastadion

Scheduled Work: Reconstruction

2006 Capacity: 74,500 seats

Investment: €242m

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess its the same strategy as the IOC's. But the difference is that the design of the Rings is so basic it ties in with just about any kind of logo without compromising the design.

I dont think this is the case at all with FIFA's, its too 'sophisticated':

Korea_Japan_WC_2002_Logo.jpg

I like the logo of Korea Japan, but I hate the logo of Germany 2006. I've seen other logos better than the official of Germany. I think it doesn't represented the country or the football. OK, maybe Korea Japan was great but doesn't represente the country... but it was original: it represented the Cup. But, I can't believe 2006, 2010 and 2014 will be same logos, only changing colors...

I realise its early on in the proceedings but is there any indication as to when tickets will go on sale?

Yes, its on 1 February 2005.

Ticket Categories and Prices

Cat. 1 Cat. 2 Cat. 3 Cat. 4

Opening Match             300,00 € 180,00 € 115,00 € 65,00 €

Group Matches             100,00 € 60,00 € 45,00 € 35,00 €

Round of 16                 120,00 € 75,00 € 60,00 € 45,00 €

Quarterfinal                 180,00 € 110,00 € 85,00 € 55,00 €

Semifinal                     400,00 € 240,00 € 150,00 € 90,00 €

Third Place                  120,00 € 75,00 € 60,00 € 45,00 €

Final                           600,00 € 360,00 € 220,00 € 120,00 €

i alittle double minded if i like the logo, but the story behind the logo was that fifa called upon a major competition between 11 top international design companies and individuals. i seen all of those designs submited and some are fantastic, but fifa wanted, as mentioned before to have a continuous symbol, which was like the olympic rings and the 2002 design was thought to be best suited. so it ended up that the fifa inhouse design team designed the final logo!!  :suspect:

No, I don't like the logo. It doesn't scream Germany to me, nor does it scream Football. No amount of persuasion will change my mind about Germany's logo. Sorry. The only thing I like about it is the font and layout of the wording "Germany 2006", which is very neat. Stick a good logo on top of that and I'd be happier.

Having said all that, I'm looking forward to WC2006 and I think the Germans will put on a great show. England v Germany final anyone? :laughlong:

No, I don't like the logo. It doesn't scream Germany to me, nor does it scream Football. No amount of persuasion will change my mind about Germany's logo. Sorry. The only thing I like about it is the font and layout of the wording "Germany 2006", which is very neat. Stick a good logo on top of that and I'd be happier.

Having said all that, I'm looking forward to WC2006 and I think the Germans will put on a great show. England v Germany final anyone? :laughlong:

For some reason I ve got the feeling that England will make it in 2006... even if i hate DB..... but I liked Frank Lampard and the magical ballet-goal of Michael Owen :love: Hope to see them again in Germany!!! By the way: why didn´t Wayne Bridge from Chelsea get a try???  :(

Wouldn´t mind to see an England vs Germany final in Berlin on 9 July 2006 - but this time with a Wembley goal on OUR side  :P

i alittle double minded if i like the logo, but the story behind the logo was that fifa called upon a major competition between 11 top international design companies and individuals. i seen all of those designs submited and some are fantastic, but fifa wanted, as mentioned before to have a continuous symbol, which was like the olympic rings and the 2002 design was thought to be best suited. so it ended up that the fifa inhouse design team designed the final logo!!  :suspect:

is there a link or something where I can see the other submitted designs?

The new stadium in Munich seems very unusual to me. On the exterior, it doesn't look like a football stadium at all.

I like the Olympic Stadium a whole lot more.

is there a link or something where I can see the other submitted designs?

here it is: 11designer  :grinning:

I hate the last one... Argentina vs Russia like a logo??? Nooo... that isn't universal... It's a World Cup, a logo must represent all the people... Is like a logo with a nazi symbol, a jewish star, etc.

The first one is beautiful, but it isn't represente Germany. I remember the poster of Spain 1982.

The second... mmm... it's good...

Archived