Canada's Medals

How Many  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How Many

• 8 to 15
    • 16 to 20
    • 21 to 25
    • 26 to 30

While I don't really care about the results at this point, I'm puzzled by one thing: Canada will be the first host country in decades that didn't benefit one bit from home advantage. Why is that? I have no idea. I just don't believe in the myth that the canadian athletes are chokers.

As for "Own the podium", I still think it's a complete success. Sure the results at these Olympics won't be as good as we all thought they would be, but the program still helped to produce many world champions, world cup champions, and world medalists. The Olympics could be held again in two weeeks and we would end up with completely different results.

While I don't really care about the results at this point, I'm puzzled by one thing: Canada will be the first host country in decades that didn't benefit one bit from home advantage. Why is that? I have no idea. I just don't believe in the myth that the canadian athletes are chokers.

As for "Own the podium", I still think it's a complete success. Sure the results at these Olympics won't be as good as we all thought they would be, but the program still helped to produce many world champions, world cup champions, and world medalists. The Olympics could be held again in two weeeks and we would end up with completely different results.

Italy - SLC 13 medals, Torino 11 medals.

Finally Canada wins a medal in something which they were expected to.

Good finishes by the Canadians in Cross Country Skiing today. 4th in the Men's Team Sprint. I'm tired of all these 4th place finishes!!! We would have so many medals right now if had won all those bronze medals.

Cross Country Skiing Men's Team Sprint - The mens team could surprise after their success in past events

Figure Skating Ice Dance - Virtue/Moir will contend for that Gold medal.

We came in 4th for XCountry, so its just a matter of waiting a few years for the drug tests to come back positive ;)

25 medals would be great, I think.

All things in perspective I am satisfied with Canada's performance. Just milk in the glory of moments like Bilodeau, Montgomery, and Virtue/Moir and everything seems dandy.

Wednesday Feb 24

Cross Country Skiing Men's 4 x 10km Relay Classic/Free- Surprise medal could come after the 4 top 10 Canadian finish in the Men's 20km Pursuit

Speedskating Women's 5000m- Groves and Hughes have a legitimate shot at meddling here

Alpine Skiing Women's Giant Slalom- No Chance

Bobsled 2 Woman- Upperton should medal

Short Track Women's Relay- Canada should medal with Silver or Bronze

Freestyle Skiing Women's Aerials- No Medal

PREDICTION: 3 medals Total:15

We have a lot of medal shots tomorrow. Potential to win 5 medals. 2 in Women's Bobsled with Upperton 0.02 seconds behind 3rd place. Canada 1 sled led by Humphries is #1.

So I'm upping my previous 3 medal prediction to 4.

I think 3 is more like it. Humphries will probably screw up and take bronze, The one German will take the silver in the 5000m and Hughes will probably take bronze. We have a chance in the relay but I think Norway, Sweden and Germany will medal and in the 3000m relay, the Americans have been running so hot I think they pip us for the bronze. So 2 medals today.

I think 3 is more like it. Humphries will probably screw up and take bronze, The one German will take the silver in the 5000m and Hughes will probably take bronze. We have a chance in the relay but I think Norway, Sweden and Germany will medal and in the 3000m relay, the Americans have been running so hot I think they pip us for the bronze. So 2 medals today.

Sounds like Canada's luck so far. I will actually be suprised if we get 2.

It looks like my earlier medal predictions on pg.2 are back on track. I had Canada down for 17 medals at the end of Feb.25 and we now stand at 17 with the Bronze medal just won by Joannie Rochette in Figure Skating.

wow you're good! how many do you predict we'll win tomorrow?

wow you're good! how many do you predict we'll win tomorrow?

Well we're guaranteed a medal in Women's Curling as the Canadians have made the final.

Charles Hamelin is a favourite in the Men's 500m Short Track

Francois Louis-Tremblay is also another big favourite in the Men's 500m Short Track

Canada is favoured to medal in the Short Track Men's Relay, but you never know what might happen in this race with DQ's for example.

One of the Canadian ladies could surprise in the Women's 1000m Short Track

Alexa Loo may peak at the right time and win a medal for Canada in the Women's Snowboard PGS

I say we win a minimum of 3 medals tomorrow. We have potential to win 6 though.

So does that make it now that Canada has now equalled it's best ever Gold count in an Olympics, summer or winter?

And also, on the Gold Standard tables (ie: most of the world), that now puts Canada on top of the table for the first time!

Edited by Sir Roltel