The atmosphere in Vancouver...PICTURES!

mr.x

Lookin' good, Vancouver! =D

Some of those photos look like the streets are so crowded, you could hardly move! When it gets that crowded, it stops being fun for me.

I agree... An average 90 minutes to see the flame from the platforum... Up to 90 minutes to enter the Yaletown live city... 2 hours for the art gallery... Up to 7 hours to enter the Canadian Mint Pavilion !!!!

Queuing so long (and sometine under rain) is no fun for me... but Canadians (and Vancouverites) seemed use to it and appreciate it.

Fortunately, by choosing the right time or knowing well Vancouver, I met not max to 20 minutes to get into a skytrain or to enter a venue...

What I could regret it's a lot of people under alcoholic influence in the street and even in some venues (I had bad experience at a Hockey Game & at a Victory Ceremony with guys seating next to me). But most of the time those crowds were in a good olympic spirit.

Edited by memorabilia

loll...last fall, the IOC suggested that the City of Vancouver downsize its Live City/cultural events: they said there would be too much. :lol:

...as it was unprecedented for any Olympics, both Summer and Winter. Never before have there been so many free celebration sites and events, Vancouver has certainly created a new standard in this regard and I'm quite sure London and Sochi will perfect what Vancouver started.