The Canadians didn't win a medal in the 30 km pursuit, but for me it's the performance of the games for the home team, and one of the best performance for Canada in the history of the winter Olympics, in a sport we have almost no history:

5-Ivan Babikov

8-George Grey

9-Alex Harvey

16-Devon Kershaw

By the way, the Swedes finished first and third, with Germany second :D

The Canadian men have a good chance to medal in the 4x10km Relay

Indeed, I really hope Canada get a medal in the 4x10 relay. :) But not the gold. It belongs to Sweden. ;) I really think Sweden has a good shoot at the gold.

Men's 4x10km relay:

Gold: Sweden

Silver: Norway

Bronze: Czech Republic

One of the few cross country events that had much extended coverage on free-to-air TV here. Exciting finsh. Strong win by Team Sweden, but what a fantastic final sptint by Norway.

Anyway, Heja Sverige!

To tell the truth, I was really hopping for a medal by Canada. Quite disapointed they couldn't repeat there strong performance in the pursuit.

Anyway, good to see Sweden have two good winter Olympics in a row, especially after not winning any gold in Beijing. Now, if Finland, Italy and Japan could get a gold on the board...

To tell the truth, I was really hopping for a medal by Canada. Quite disapointed they couldn't repeat there strong performance in the pursuit.

Actually they did very well. They finished 7th which is their best relay placement ever, if I haven't wrong. The previous best placement was 9th. So overall this is very good for cross-country in Canada. :)

omg! those medals are fckn huge! for me they look like pancakes =] i think it might be the biggest ones ever

They are also the heaviest ones ever :P

Nope, completely allowed. And it was likely dropped because it broke. Coaches and technicians are spread out throughout the course with extra poles in case one is broken. In 2006 a Canadian skier broke her pole in the team sprint and a Norwegian coach gave her one of the spare Norwegian athlete poles because a Canadian coach wasn't near by or in the area at all. Canada ended up finishing 2nd while Norway finished 4th. Without that pole Norway would have won a medal.