Curling

Choketastic effort from the Canadian skip

She curled 82%, she played extremely well. Norberg just made the difficult shots when she needed to and left Bernard few options.

Its an improvement over the last two efforts of Kleibrick and Law and better than a lot of people expected for someone that is not internationally seasoned. There is no shame in losing to the Olympic champion. Norberg is one of the best skips of this generation, right up there with Colleen Jones and Sandra Schmirler.

Edited by Faster

Congratulations to Sweden in a tight game. The Canadian Women have had a few extra end wins and this is the first to go against them. At least the crowd were a bit more respectful for the last Swedish stones unlike the games against Denmark and Britain I was at. They were probably just a bit shocked at the game going down an 11th!

Just to add to the debat about Eve having the experience to skiop at the Olympics...

I agree that bringing a team together like we do does nothing for team harmony, but Eve was never going to play anywhere else but skip. Having won 3 Junior Worlds as skip I think this Olympic Bonspiel was to give her more experience at this level to build for the future. Hopefully she can do it with her own team next time!

The canadian crow have showed real unsportmanships during the curling games. The Swedish women have complain about this. That's why the Swedish gold feel so good. The Canadian crow were so quiet when Canada lost. :lol:

Anyway Congrats to the gold Canada. I rather see you taking it than Norway. ;)

The canadian crow have showed real unsportmanships during the curling games. The Swedish women have complain about this. That's why the Swedish gold feel so good. The Canadian crow were so quiet when Canada lost. :lol:

Anyway Congrats to the gold Canada. I rather see you taking it than Norway. ;)

Maybe I´m not used to watch curling competitions, but from what I saw on Tv, I didn´t see anything special ou offensive about Canadian crowds. For me they seemed just enthusiastic fans. I didn´t notice any kind of behavior during swedish plays that could harm their game anyway.

Sweden won because they kept their heads cool all the time. It seemed that the Canadian team had really felt the pressure of getting the gold at home. They seemed kind of anxious, specially during the three last ends of the game.

Maybe I´m not used to watch curling competitions, but from what I saw on Tv, I didn´t see anything special ou offensive about Canadian crowds. For me they seemed just enthusiastic fans. I didn´t notice any kind of behavior during swedish plays that could harm their game anyway.

Sweden won because they kept their heads cool all the time. It seemed that the Canadian team had really felt the pressure of getting the gold at home. They seemed kind of anxious, specially during the three last ends of the game.

The Swedish ladies said the crowd make big noise when Denmark should do a very important stone. That's only because they wanted to see a mistake from Denmark. The swedish ladies also said the crowd applause and cheering when the opponent did mistakes.

Rhona Martin made a similar comment when co-commentating for the BBC. But she qualified it by saying you come to expect that kind of thing sometimes at an Olympic Games and for the most part, the competitors absoltely loved the atmosphere and the venue.

Edited by RobH

Rhona Martin made a similar comment when co-commentating for the BBC. But she qualified it by saying you come to expect that kind of thing sometimes at an Olympic Games and for the most part, the competitors absoltely loved the atmosphere and the venue.

With more than one match on the ice at the same time there will always be be noise that is not related to any particular game.

The only incident that was of concern was the horn as the Norwegian was curling in the final, as there were no other games on the ice. It was clearly deliberate.

I think its mostly because Curling has the whole Golf-etiquette thing going on, where the crowd has to be polite. Of coarse, when you're Curling in Canada that doesn't always happen :P

You are belittling you own team. Thomas Ulsurd and the Norwegian team are fantastic curlers, it was expected that they would be in contention. There are lots of sports across many countries were its niche participation but the quality is very high at the top end. Many Olympic sports do fit into this category. Norway and Sweden always seem to be able to produce an outstanding team every couple of years. And its been fantastic to watch the transition from Pal Trulson to Thomas Ulsurd and Peja Lindholm to Niklas Edin.

Honestly, I am not sure why curling is an olympic sport. I mean, in Norway we only have a handful of amateur players, and we still are able to make it to the finals....

We only have a handfull of amateur cross country skiers, and yet we got away from Vancouver with a fourth in the men's team sprint, a seventh in the men's relay, a seventh in the women's relay, a fifth in the men's pursuit and a fifth in the men's 50km, not to mention we won a gold in Salt Lake and a gold and a silver in Turin. Why is XC in the Olympics then?