China - 3,2

Great Britain - 3,2

Germany - 2,2

Japan - 2,2

Switzerland - 1,3

USA - 1,3

Denmark - 1,4

Russia - 1,4

So the Canadian skips are doing well, though Bernard is playing it a little too tight for comfort. She needs to be more aggressive against China and Sweden.

Eve is 19 years old, she should have never been the skip to begin with. Someone that young, inexperienced and with those shot skills should be a lead or a second. Lockhart should have been the skip. This is what happens when you pick a team like the British do. The men's team is balanced and has been playing together for the last couple of years. Lockhart was there to guide Muirhead's young team at the worlds last year, but the 4 players haven't played together for long enough to come together as a team. You can tell watching the team play that the front end and Lockhart don't trust Muirhead's game calling and that Lockhart calls many of the shots.

Anyways, Canada has a big game against the Chinese. The Chinese have been streaky and looked uncomfortable at times, but Canada has scrapped by in 4 games. They need to lay down two statements against the USA and China today.

Edited by Faster

I'll have to take your word for that, I don't know the sport well enough to know its intricacies, suffice it to say that they were two of the worst stones she's played in what has been a very good tournament for her so far. It was very uncharacteristic.

I'll have to take your word for that, I don't know the sport well enough to know its intricacies, suffice it to say that they were two of the worst stones she's played in what has been a very good tournament for her so far. It was very uncharacteristic.

Its the kind of thing that happens in Curling. The sport isn't just about beating your opponent, its also about not beating yourself (which happens often, even at the highest level).

Men's Standings (after exactly 2/3 of the round robin)

Canada 6-0

Norway 5-1

Switzerland 4-2

Great Britain 3-3

Sweden 3-3

Germany 3-3

United States 2-4

France 2-4

China 1-5

Denmark 1-5

Kevin Martin snaps a 4 game loosing streak against Murdock. Four team are currently tied for the last playoff position, while the US has won two staight after benching skip Shuster and replacing him with Plys.

Women's Standing (after draw 8)

Canada 5-0

Sweden 4-1

China 4-2

Japan 3-2

Switzerland 3-3

Great Britain 3-4

Germany 2-4

United Stated 2-4

Denmark 2-5

Russia 2-5

Switzerland is coming back from three consecutive losses while Japan stays in playoff contention after an epic, come from behind, extra end 12-9 victory over Russia.

In any case, the race to the playoff on both sides could very well go down to the wire.

Well I am watching the Scottish play currently and am just unbelievable miffed as to way Muirhead is skipping/still skipping. She doesn't have the shot arsenal to be a skip in elite ladies' play. I feel bad for her and the pressure she is under as the skip of that team.

Men's Standings

Canada - 8,0

Norway - 6,2

Switzerland - 5,3

Great Britain - 5,3

Sweden - 4,4

All other teams are out of it.

Ladies Standings

Canada - 6,1

Sweden - 5,2

China - 5,3

Switzerland - 4,3 (I am worried about this, the Swiss have a history of knocking Canada out)

Japan - 3,4

Germany - 3,4

All other teams are mostly out, its just not official yet.

Well I am watching the Scottish play currently and am just unbelievable miffed as to way Muirhead is skipping/still skipping. She doesn't have the shot arsenal to be a skip in elite ladies' play. I feel bad for her and the pressure she is under as the skip of that team.

Men's Standings

Canada - 8,0

Norway - 6,2

Switzerland - 5,3

Great Britain - 5,3

Sweden - 4,4

All other teams are out of it.

Ladies Standings

Canada - 6,1

Sweden - 5,2

China - 5,3

Switzerland - 4,3 (I am worried about this, the Swiss have a history of knocking Canada out)

Japan - 3,4

Germany - 3,4

All other teams are mostly out, its just not official yet.

It’s the curs of the red stones.

There’s been talk of some of the red stones behaving oddly , it seems to have had a sociological effect on the great British women’s game. They need to re focus.

The Great British Men are doing great so far. Lukely they didn’t have the red stones against the USA.

I’m finding the curling fascinating. Compulsive viewing.

I hope the British women are being held in quarantine till the men are safely through to the semi finals.

The men have been playing better up until last night, where there were signs they may have been contaminated with the women’s loosing ways,possibly Through after match contact.

I just hope tonight match isn’t two nerve racking.

There were also signs that Sweden were starting to fall apart.

So hopefully we can do it .