Congrats to the poms...if you can't win a gold in the sport you invented then what hope is there :P

Um, Tower...hate to break it to you laddie there can only be one queen of the Commonwealth, and that's Torah Bright :P Amy might be on some kind of arcane succession to the throne in the home countries but as Australia is a Commonwealth with no regnant Queen she gets that particularly appellation.

Seriously, how good is it that we can both beat the bejesus out of the Yanks :P

Let's not get too excited. Canada still haven't walked out of the Commonwealth. Methinks if Christine Nesbitt can make good her promise, she and Canada might legitimately claim queen of the Commonwealth. As we will in Oz will claim her too!

:P

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Douglas got DQed before the third run because of a technicality. <_<

Ya, that's such a heart-breaker, especially since these are his first, and most likely last, Olympics. He had a chance at the medals, no less...

Well, day 8 turned out o.k. after all. What a run by Montgomery, and what a run by Dukurs, too. Just a total nail-bitter, tough I am a tad bummed that Latvia hasn't won its first gold.

Oh well, at least its a Canadian that got it instead :lol:

Whilst I gotta pass on a big congrats to our Canuck brethren, I'm sorry to see that Latvia missed out on its first Winter Olympic gold. Plus, if the Dukurs brothers had won medals together would have been quite the notable event in Olympic history/trivia.

Looks like the 'Own The Podium' program is improving from its 'lease back the podium' beginnings :)

don't know about Whistler specifically, but generally you can only consume alcohol in a licensed area.

Not strictly enforced. I have had alcohol in parks and on the subway but you at least have to try and pretend you are drinking something else.

There's a funny episode of Corner Gas where the two police officers on the baseball team know everyone else is drinking and don't care but they're all trying to hide it.

don't know about Whistler specifically, but generally you can only consume alcohol in a licensed area.

ohh - that is interesting!!

I just wonder how the Canadians are surprised when they are in Germany

When you are 16 you are allowed to drink and buy beer, but you have to be 18 to drink and buy e.g. schnaps or whiskey....

When a 15 years old one is together with his/her legal guardian you are allowed to drink and buy beer...