• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gold: Hollingworth

Silver: Willams

Bronze: Huber

;)

I am worried about how Hollingsworth will come back from two 'bad' runs. They weren't bad but bad for her and she was not happy.

As for the men, there is a 6 way race for bronze but Montgomery and Dukurs look to be too far up to be beat.

These competitions are shaping up to be like the individual luges. Up and down results in the women's and two men separating themselves from the pack.

Hollingsworth not even on the podium :blink:

Probably her worst run of the season... Damn, talk about an abysmal day.

Anyway, congrats to Amy, its good to see Great Britain win a gold. Also, congrats to Germany for winning your first two Olympic medals in Skeleton.

This has worried me. Denny Morrison has been terrible all season and there was no real expectations on him other than his own mouth. Manny Osborne-Paradis was inconsistent, as was Guay so medal expectations there were unwarranted. But not winning an extra medal in moguls, not double medaling in the women's 1000m and Dominique Maltais' issue started the worry and this is just the tip of it. Chen was another disappointed but not unexpected. Now with Hollingsworth not medaling I am beginning to think we won't beat Torino's mark of 24 medals.

Nice jump though by Williams, coming out with no expectations and tearing the course up.

Edited by Faster

I don't even care if we don't beat Torino. What worries me is that we'll start to see headlines like "Own the podium: A huge waste of money", "Failure for the home team", etc. Canadians are big bunch of whiners, especially journalists, so it's coming for sure.

This is the first medal miss I'm really shocked about. Hollingsworth has been on the podium every time this year and it's her home track. I have no idea what happened. Not only the fourth run, but also the first three. I'm sure she's devastated right now.

Finally, congrats to the Brits. Williams was the best :)

I don't even care if we don't beat Torino. What worries me is that we'll start to see headlines like "Own the podium: A huge waste of money", "Failure for the home team", etc. Canadians are big bunch of whiners, especially journalists, so it's coming for sure.

This is the first medal miss I'm really shocked about. Hollingsworth has been on the podium every time this year and it's her home track. I have no idea what happened. Not only the fourth run, but also the first three. I'm sure she's devastated right now.

Finally, congrats to the Brits. Williams was the best :)

Don't get too worried. You've also won medals where you didn't expect as well. Sometimes the pressure is just too much on those expected to medal. As for the first part of the post, I thought the British according to the furore over the British press reports meant we were the whiners! :D Have faith

Congrats to the poms...if you can't win a gold in the sport you invented then what hope is there :P

Amy Williams Gold for the queen of the united Kingdom of Great Britain northern Ireland and the commonwealth.

Um, Tower...hate to break it to you laddie there can only be one queen of the Commonwealth, and that's Torah Bright :P Amy might be on some kind of arcane succession to the throne in the home countries but as Australia is a Commonwealth with no regnant Queen she gets that particularly appellation.

Seriously, how good is it that we can both beat the bejesus out of the Yanks :P