Ski Jumping

dgm

Large hill ski jumping (my favorite winter sport ;)) competition takes part tommorow.

Simon Amman seems to be the main candidate for gold.

8 years ago in Salt Lake City as rather unknown ski jumper he suprisingly won both gold medals (and still is the only one who managed to do it) and now, already being world cup leader and last week's normal hill competition winner, he's most likely to repeat it.

Then we have two veterans, both being currently the most successful competitors and being among the best ski jumpers in history.

One of them is Adam Malysz.

He won silver last week, which is four time world cup winner's third olympic medal. It's going to be his last olympic games (only japaneses jump till their late 30's ;]), so one another podium would be good sum up of fantastic career.

Another veteran is Janne Ahonen.

Standing on podium more than 100 times, but never on the olympic podium (only 3 team silvers). Ended his career year ago, but couldn't live without sport and this season he returned. 4th on the normal hill. Just like for Malysz, olympic medal would make a good sum up of fantastic career.

Gregor Schlierenzauer

Big talent and many victories on account despite his young age. Second in world cup and third in his olympic debut, but definitely desires more...

Thomas Morgenstern

Another one from very stron austrian team. Golden in Turin, one of the best ski jumpers of last few years.

Michael Uhrmann

Expierienced, but without bigger achievements. However, he was really close to podium last week and ended 5th. Will count tomorrow.

Noriaki Kasai

Yes, only japaneses can jump till their late 30's. Noriaki is now 38 and is still able to jump far.

My predictions:

1. Amman

2. Malysz

3. Ahonen

Sorry for my english.